Beachwood and St.Thomas cancelling seasons?

Just wondering how/who was able to edit the title of this thread to say "answer:no"? It would be nice to have an explanation by that person

Here is the latest on Beachwood:

• As stated earlier their numbers are really low and their admin does not have the interest to throw more than normal resources at this program to beef it up. While not looking at cancelling the season it is on a razors edge; as of now they will be backing out of three games and going with a 7 game schedule.
  • They canceled the opener against Orange to give the team more time to get their footing.
  • They canceled the Kirtland game due to their inability to compete physically with this state powerhouse.
  • They cancelled the Harvey game due to a recent anti-Semitic incidents when playing this school.
They were considering cancelling the Harvey game before Creel left and are also reviewing the status of competing against Harvey in other sports. Not sure about the particulars of the incidents but I was told they were significant and the Harvey folks have not done much to put a kibosh on it.

Considering they had one of their best seasons in program history last year despite the pandemic, that's not good. Wonder how big of an impact coach Creel really had on the program.

The numbers must be pretty bad if they're already talking about cancelling the opener against one of their rivals. Hopefully they'll get a chance to get more players by the time two-a-days roll around.

For a school like Hawken to cancel against Kirtland is understandable. But for Beachwood, if things don't improve by at least Week 3, once again, the program must really be in bad shape.

I wonder how bad the incidents must have gotten between the two schools. Pretty sad on Harvey's part to not put a stop to it.

Has there been anything further with Beachwood? Crestwood posted an opening for a Week 5 game last week on the OHSAA open dates page.

Has there been anything further with Beachwood? Crestwood posted an opening for a Week 5 game last week on the OHSAA open dates page.
That should probably tell you what’s gonna happen. I wouldn’t think they would drop them unless they knew they wouldn’t get a game in with them

This late I could see crestwood having a bye week. Probably too late to find someone unless they plan on traveling very far
Benedictine is open and Crestwood played them in basketball this past year. But I think it’s more likely both teams will have a bye before crestwood is willing to play Benedictine in football

Benedictine is open and Crestwood played them in basketball this past year. But I think it’s more likely both teams will have a bye before crestwood is willing to play Benedictine in football
And 1 more reason Crestwood should have never left the Portage Trail Conference...

Supposedly their AD said we respectively decline your offer....embarrassing

That's not surprising at all. In 2020 Crestwood, in their first year in the CVC, back out of playing Kirtland. That's not too unusual except that Kirtland was in the same conference (CVC Valley) as Crestwood. Who backs out of a conference game?

That's not surprising at all. In 2020 Crestwood, in their first year in the CVC, back out of playing Kirtland. That's not too unusual except that Kirtland was in the same conference (CVC Valley) as Crestwood. Who backs out of a conference game?
Hawken did the same thing last year, but they actually had injuries, coupled with low numbers.

FWIW, Beachwood will be playing Orange Week 1.

So what you are saying is that Crestwood were the ones to cancel that game? Why on earth would they drop the game if they weren't sure that Beachwood wasn't fielding a team?

I just received word that the opening week was supposed to be sent as a JV game, not Varsity. Beachwood and Crestwood are playing Week 5.

That’s good news if true

I just received word that the opening week was supposed to be sent as a JV game, not Varsity. Beachwood and Crestwood are playing Week 5.

Beachwood cancels their opener against Orange, a player reportedly tested positive for the Covid and the team is in quarantine. Orange is now traveling to Toronto, OH for a game.

Beachwood cancels their opener against Orange, a player reportedly tested positive for the Covid and the team is in quarantine. Orange is now traveling to Toronto, OH for a game.
These covid cancellations are being handled so poorly and might I add, against SB22. I've spent the last two weeks working with county officials and there's going to be a revision of prior health standards in the next few days where we live. Thank god. The HD was getting away with any and everything.