100,000 cases of coronavirus already in Ohio

By "science" (notice the quotation marks) I'm talking about in the context of the pharmaceutical industry and the claims that it is the answer to our health problems. I assume the numbers you cite are specific to the United States. Life expectancy figures also tend to include all forms of death, including World Wars. Clean water and sanitization should get most of the credit, especially when you consider the conditions in this country around 1900.

Psalm 90:10 (New King James Version)

The days of our lives are seventy years;

And if by reason of strength they are eighty years.

Yet their boast is only labor and sorrow;

For it is soon cut off, and we fly away.

That psalm was written about the 3,500 years ago and notice it was a given that people live to be 70. Not much has changed.
Except we know that people did not live to be 70 on average 3500 years ago. There are censuses from the Romans that show ages of people about 11 AD or so. Not close to 70. Modern medicine has doubled our life expectancy. It would be nice to have cleaner air and water though. That might help out a lot more. One side of the aisle does not care so much about the water and air. One does. Which party is for clean water and better sanitation and which is not? Which party is taking us backwards?

Why did life expectancy drop so much from when Adam and Eve etc were around? 700-1000 years they lived.

Last edited:
Except we know that people did not live to be 70 on average 3500 years ago. There are censuses from the Romans that show ages of people about 11 AD or so. Not close to 70. Modern medicine has doubled our life expectancy. It would be nice to have cleaner air and water though. That might help out a lot more. One side of the aisle does not care so much about the water and air. One does. Which party is for clean water and better sanitation and which is not? Which party is taking us backwards?

Why did life expectancy drop so much from when Adam and Eve etc were around? 700-1000 years they lived.
Where in this country, outside of the most liberal and corrupt cities (LA, NYC, D.C., Chicago), do you not have clean air to breath or clean water to drink? I'm much closer to liberal than I am conservative and even I know that is nonsense.

Where in this country, outside of the most liberal and corrupt cities (LA, NYC, D.C., Chicago), do you not have clean air to breath or clean water to drink? I'm much closer to liberal than I am conservative and even I know that is nonsense.
He is wrong about who cares about clean air and water. Both sides care about it. It is pretty much a universal thing to care about them.

Only because of public works. Lead contamination. https://www.nrdc.org/stories/drinking-water-crisis-north-carolina-ignored
Coal ash... etc..etc...tar sands in michigan...etc etc...

He is wrong about who cares about clean air and water. Both sides care about it. It is pretty much a universal thing to care about them.
I have watched for decades while republicans fight against clean air act. Emissions standards. Etc... allowing corporations that pollute to not take responsibility for it. Not even close to what party is protecting us and which party does not.

How cool is that the bat flu thread turned into evil republicans polluting the earth?

For the record, as a whole, the United States' water and air is cleaner today than at any time in at least the last 100 years.

Please make a note of this.

How cool is that the bat flu thread turned into evil republicans polluting the earth?

For the record, as a whole, the United States' water and air is cleaner today than at any time in at least the last 100 years.

Funny how that works on almost every thread.

These tools should visit China to see what good old fashioned smog looks like.

Or they should spend time in Singapore when all the farmers on Sumatra are slashing and burning their way to creating new fields to plant. The air quality gets pretty damn bad.

I have watched for decades while republicans fight against clean air act. Emissions standards. Etc... allowing corporations that pollute to not take responsibility for it. Not even close to what party is protecting us and which party does not.
Are you talking about republicans like President Nixon who created the EPA through an executive order in 1970?

Or are you talking about republicans like President Nixon who signed a tough Clear Air Bill in 1970?

Or are you talking about all the republican Senators and Congressmen who supported that bill?

Over the years republicans have pushed back against environmental overreach. But the party has never been against clean air and water.

Are you talking about republicans like President Nixon who created the EPA through an executive order in 1970?

Or are you talking about republicans like President Nixon who signed a tough Clear Air Bill in 1970?

Or are you talking about all the republican Senators and Congressmen who supported that bill?

Over the years republicans have pushed back against environmental overreach. But the party has never been against clean air and water.
Talking about since Reagan! Been nothing but partisan since.

Talking about since Reagan! Been nothing but partisan since.
By Reagan our air and water was pretty damn clean and the laws were on autopilot. The mechanisms were in place to go after any company foolish enough to start polluting again.

But the bureaucrats in the EPA had to find something to justify their high paying jobs and to expand their little empire. So they kept telling us that there was more to be done. They didn't care what damage they would do the economy as long as they kept their plush positions of power.

Since Reagan the republicans have largely been the voice of reason preventing EPA overreach. A lot of people kept their jobs because the republicans fought the good fight here.

By Reagan our air and water was pretty damn clean and the laws were on autopilot. The mechanisms were in place to go after any company foolish enough to start polluting again.

But the bureaucrats in the EPA had to find something to justify their high paying jobs and to expand their little empire. So they kept telling us that there was more to be done. They didn't care what damage they would do the economy as long as they kept their plush positions of power.

Since Reagan the republicans have largely been the voice of reason preventing EPA overreach. A lot of people kept their jobs because the republicans fought the good fight here.
Absolutely false. No other way to put it.

Isn’t Michigan a blue state? Flint is run by Republican’s?
You know at the time, the Republicans were in charge of the State. The Governor (Republican- Rick Snyder) appointed an Emergency Manager that decided to use Water from the Flint River instead of treated water shared with Detroit to save money. An unelected official!

I have been vaxed....my tax dollars are going to educate these folks. What else can we do...
Gamma is resistant to the vax. Did you not read the article?

Meanwhile, the gamma variant, which appears better at evading vaccines, was found to be more prevalent in counties with higher inoculation rates.

Gamma is resistant to the vax. Did you not read the article?

Meanwhile, the gamma variant, which appears better at evading vaccines, was found to be more prevalent in counties with higher inoculation rates.
I will get the booster. This is the problem with selfish anti-vaxxers...they are a breeding ground for more variants.

I will get the booster. This is the problem with selfish anti-vaxxers...they are a breeding ground for more variants.
Bubble Boy Quarantine GIF by Cameo

You know at the time, the Republicans were in charge of the State. The Governor (Republican- Rick Snyder) appointed an Emergency Manager that decided to use Water from the Flint River instead of treated water shared with Detroit to save money. An unelected official!

...and there it is. A conflation of issues by low information voters in the Democrat party.

The city of Flint (controlled by Democrats) changed their water source in 2014 to the Flint river. They (Democrats) failed to treat it with corrosive inhibitors causing lead from aging pipes to leach into the water supply.

It has nothing to do with clean air and water, Republicans destroying the environment, or the state of Michigan.

Except on rare occasions, the variants are always less dangerous than the original mutation.

So far that's exactly what's happened with this novel virus.

...and there it is. A conflation of issues by low information voters in the Democrat party.

The city of Flint (controlled by Democrats) changed their water source in 2014 to the Flint river. They (Democrats) failed to treat it with corrosive inhibitors causing lead from aging pipes to leach into the water supply.

It has nothing to do with clean air and water, Republicans destroying the environment, or the state of Michigan.
City of Flint was taken over by the Governor and an Emergency Manager was put in place. Once again, Republicans know what is best but then will not take responsibility for their actions. Why is the Flint River polluted to begin with? Why aren't EPA/ Clean water standards adhered to?

Here is how it went down. A new water pipeline was going to be put in from Lake Huron to Flint for water. I believe it was a two or thee year project. When Flint told Detroit that they were going to start getting their water from Lake Huron, Detroit said it was a breech of contract and was going to cut Flint off before the completion date. The elected officials in Flint worked it out with Detroit and they were assured water until the completion of the project. Then, the Governor took control from the City, put his Emergency manager in place and you have what they have.

City of Flint was taken over by the Governor and an Emergency Manager was put in place. Once again, Republicans know what is best but then will not take responsibility for their actions. Why is the Flint River polluted to begin with? Why aren't EPA/ Clean water standards adhered to?

Here is how it went down. A new water pipeline was going to be put in from Lake Huron to Flint for water. I believe it was a two or thee year project. When Flint told Detroit that they were going to start getting their water from Lake Huron, Detroit said it was a breech of contract and was going to cut Flint off before the completion date. The elected officials in Flint worked it out with Detroit and they were assured water until the completion of the project. Then, the Governor took control from the City, put his Emergency manager in place and you have what they have.

psycho babble.

The "pollution" in Flint's water supply was lead from aging pipes because city officials (Democrats) failed to treat their new water source with corrosive inhibitors.

It has nothing to do with the other issues you're trying desperately to conflate. You are the epitome of the low information voter.