Struthers Football 2021

Hearing the line is doing better then expected but won’t know until the summer how it’s really gonna shake out. I don’t expect derose to get many carries he will probably be the Jv back again, the freshmen will get the ball as well at times I’m sure. But to keep Sanchez happy they will probably split with him and Carter. Carter will end up being the workhorse the next few years
Losing your best lineman is going to hurt this year. It should be an interesting year 2 for young Bayuk.

I am speaking on this year's lineman. You probably have an upgrade at center no matter who plays the position. The rest of the line will have their work cut out for them.

Any word on week 1? Also, who are the scrimmages this year? JFK and Gates Mills Hawken is what I was told. Any truth to that?

I am speaking on this year's lineman. You probably have an upgrade at center no matter who plays the position. The rest of the line will have their work cut out for them.

Any word on week 1? Also, who are the scrimmages this year? JFK and Gates Mills Hawken is what I was told. Any truth to that?
I know Kennedy is having a scrimmage with them

Only thing on Arbiter is vs. Kennedy at home.
Friday the 13th (August) at 7 pm.

Scrimmaged JFK every year since 2015 I believe.

Has it been that long? Maybe if you count 7 on 7’s…

Weren’t the contact scrimmages Streetsboro and Steubenville in 2015 and 2016? Then West Branch and Howland in 2017 and 2018. And Salem and Howland in 2019 and 2020.
The scrimmages were canceled last year due to the pandemic, and Struthers scrimmaged JFK instead. But I’m pretty sure that 2020 was the first time the Cats had a full gear contact scrimmage with JFK in a long time.
I think we scrimmaged Steubenville under the lights at Harding Stadium every year from like 2011 through 2016.

I don’t mind scrimmaging JFK. But if Hawken is the morning scrimmage, I really hope that doesn’t become a long term thing.

Has it been that long? Maybe if you count 7 on 7’s…

Weren’t the contact scrimmages Streetsboro and Steubenville in 2015 and 2016? Then West Branch and Howland in 2017 and 2018. And Salem and Howland in 2019 and 2020.
The scrimmages were canceled last year due to the pandemic, and Struthers scrimmaged JFK instead. But I’m pretty sure that 2020 was the first time the Cats had a full gear contact scrimmage with JFK in a long time.
I think we scrimmaged Steubenville under the lights at Harding Stadium every year from like 2011 through 2016.

I don’t mind scrimmaging JFK. But if Hawken is the morning scrimmage, I really hope that doesn’t become a long term thing.
Yes in some capacity they have done something with JFK for a good while now. There’s no trend to that. Mere coincidence.
Also I believe one of those years the scrimmage with Howland was cancelled due to storm

Yes in some capacity they have done something with JFK for a good while now. There’s no trend to that. Mere coincidence.
If Struthers "have done something with JFK for a good while now" it is definitely a trend, it's not a "mere coincidence" as you have stated.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see D7 JFK on Struthers OOC schedule in the not so distant future then. If the Wildcat faithful approve of that, you'll have Nancy & Jeff to thank for that I would presume. Don't do what Hubbard did though by doing a couple of home/away series with them, make JFK play at Struthers every year. The Hubbard faithful was not happy going up to Warren Harding to play them. JFK eventually kicked Hubbard off of their schedule...lol.

If Struthers "have done something with JFK for a good while now" it is definitely a trend, it's not a "mere coincidence" as you have stated.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see D7 JFK on Struthers OOC schedule in the not so distant future then. If the Wildcat faithful approve of that, you'll have Nancy & Jeff to thank for that I would presume. Don't do what Hubbard did though by doing a couple of home/away series with them, make JFK play at Struthers every year. The Hubbard faithful was not happy going up to Warren Harding to play them. JFK eventually kicked Hubbard off of their schedule...lol.
You are insinuating it’s because of Bayuk and it’s been a thing since Kuntz. That is what I’m saying. Either way, struthers schedule stinks this season and thats on the staff and AD. .500 season ahead maybe either way.

Wow, what was wrong with Hubbard faithful coming to play JFK, at Harding. I don't mean to be bias, but Harding has got one of the nicest facilities in the Valley, to play at.

Jfk was really good with Townsend and elzy that year I believe

You are insinuating it’s because of Bayuk and it’s been a thing since Kuntz. That is what I’m saying. Either way, struthers schedule stinks this season and thats on the staff and AD. .500 season ahead maybe either way.
No, what I'm insinuating is IF JFK is ever on Struthers OOC schedule, Nancy & Jeff together got that game scheduled I would presume.

This got nothing to do with your prior coach Kuntz if there is ever a Struthers/JFK game in the future.

Wow, what was wrong with Hubbard faithful coming to play JFK, at Harding. I don't mean to be bias, but Harding has got one of the nicest facilities in the Valley, to play at.
There's nothing wrong with Hubbard playing at Harding, you might not know this, but Hubbard played playoff games there. The point was, at that particular time, nobody local was playing JFK and JFK was whining and complaining about it. Hubbard put them on their schedule and it was a home game for them. The Hubbard faithful thought they were actually doing JFK a favor by scheduling them because nobody else was, so they thought all the games should be played at Hubbard Memorial Stadium for as long as the series lasted, the Hubbard faithful blamed the AD for that and he got a lot of heat for it until he explained JFK promised Hubbard a nice size check to play at Harding.

JFK never did beat Hubbard in that series and eventually "JFK kicked them off of their schedule with no explanation"..lol. So much for not getting local teams to play them anymore. The whining and complaining finally subsided over at that school located by Burton and Milton streets about playing local teams.

I hope that clears it up, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings about Harding. If I did, I apologize.

There's nothing wrong with Hubbard playing at Harding, you might not know this, but Hubbard played playoff games there. The point was, at that particular time, nobody local was playing JFK and JFK was whining and complaining about it. Hubbard put them on their schedule and it was a home game for them. The Hubbard faithful thought they were actually doing JFK a favor by scheduling them because nobody else was, so they thought all the games should be played at Hubbard Memorial Stadium for as long as the series lasted, the Hubbard faithful blamed the AD for that and he got a lot of heat for it until he explained JFK promised Hubbard a nice size check to play at Harding.

JFK never did beat Hubbard in that series and eventually "JFK kicked them off of their schedule with no explanation"..lol. So much for not getting local teams to play them anymore. The whining and complaining finally subsided over at that school located by Burton and Milton streets about playing local teams.

I hope that clears it up, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings about Harding. If I did, I apologize.
Ok, first of all, you didn't hurt my feelings. Lol. I just asked the question, because I just didn't understand what the big deal was for Hubbard to play Kennedy at Harding. Also yes I seen Hubbard play Mooney in a playoff game, at Harding, and I was so sorry I went
Very bad mismatched game. Sat through the first half with a Hubbard grad BTW, and we were wanting a refund on our tickets it was so bad.lol

Last edited:
Ok, first of all, you didn't hurt my feelings. Lol. I just asked the question, because I just didn't understand what the big deal was for Hubbard to play Kennedy at Harding. Also yes I seen Hubbard play Mooney in a playoff game, at Harding, and I was so sorry I went
Very bad mismatched game. Sat through the first half with a Hubbard grad BTW, and we were wanting a refund on our tickets it was so bad.lol
I was at the Hubbard/Mooney game and also the Hubbard/Aurora game up there as well.

The main point of my post was not Hubbard playing JFK at Harding, but Hubbard playing an away game with JFK no matter what stadium it was at. It just happened it was at Harding, then after that, JFK kicked Hubbard off of their schedule with no explanation why, that's classless..lol. Hubbard did them a favor, but at least the Hubbard AD learned a valuable lesson after that about ever scheduling JFK again. I hope Struthers don't ever make the same mistake in the near future that Hubbard did by scheduling D7 JFK on their OOC schedule. Plus, it won't be a money game anyway for Struthers, JFK's fans don't travel well.

I hope that clears it up.

I was at the Hubbard/Mooney game and also the Hubbard/Aurora game up there as well.

The main point of my post was not Hubbard playing JFK at Harding, but Hubbard playing an away game with JFK no matter what stadium it was at. It just happened it was at Harding, then after that, JFK kicked Hubbard off of their schedule with no explanation why, that's classless..lol. Hubbard did them a favor, but at least the Hubbard AD learned a valuable lesson after that about ever scheduling JFK again. I hope Struthers don't ever make the same mistake in the near future that Hubbard did by scheduling D7 JFK on their OOC schedule. Plus, it won't be a money game anyway for Struthers, JFK's fans don't travel well.

I hope that clears it up.
Yes, I understand, but this is a common thing though. It happens every year all over the state. When teams schedule out of conference games, it doesn't always last, all the time. When you play teams in the conference, you are tied in, and have to play, but out of conference games can come,and go. Just the way it is. If Struthers, and JFK, wanted to play a home, and home, for a couple of years, to fill out a schedule spot, so be it.

Yes, I understand, but this is a common thing though. It happens every year all over the state. When teams schedule out of conference games, it doesn't always last, all the time. When you play teams in the conference, you are tied in, and have to play, but out of conference games can come,and go. Just the way it is. If Struthers, and JFK, wanted to play a home, and home, for a couple of years, to fill out a schedule spot, so be it.
Struthers playing D7 JFK on their OOC schedule in the near future is nothing more than pure speculation. Could it actually happen? I'd say absolutely with Nancy & Jeff.

I'm just giving Struthers fair warning by looking what JFK did to Hubbard in the past.

Struthers playing D7 JFK on their OOC schedule in the near future is nothing more than pure speculation. Could it actually happen? I'd say absolutely with Nancy & Jeff.

I'm just giving Struthers fair warning by looking what JFK did to Hubbard in the past.
That D7 JFK, played Howland, and Girard, a lot of years too. Struthers, and Hubbard are similar enrollment wise

That D7 JFK, played Howland, and Girard, a lot of years too. Struthers, and Hubbard are similar enrollment wise
I agree with the facts on your post and can also understand your loyalty to one of your local Warren teams. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

But, I also hope you understand my opinion about JFK. When you do someone a favor and they in turn stab you in the back afterwards it will always leave a sour taste in your mouth.

That's how most of us Hubbard faithful down here feel about JFK and "always will". It was a pure classless act. I'm just giving Struthers fair warning on what can happen to them as it did to Hubbard. No more, no less. It's Struthers decision if they ever want JFK on their schedule in the future. Would it surprise me if it did happen, not in the least. Just as long as JFK will never again be on Hubbard's schedule will make us all happy down here.

I agree with the facts on your post and can also understand your loyalty to one of your local Warren teams. I have no problem with that whatsoever.

But, I also hope you understand my opinion about JFK. When you do someone a favor and they in turn stab you in the back afterwards it will always leave a sour taste in your mouth.

That's how most of us Hubbard faithful down here feel about JFK and "always will". It was a pure classless act. I'm just giving Struthers fair warning on what can happen to them as it did to Hubbard. No more, no less. It's Struthers decision if they ever want JFK on their schedule in the future. Would it surprise me if it did happen, not in the least. Just as long as JFK will never again be on Hubbard's schedule will make us all happy down here.
You do realize that they last played 11 years ago and absolutely no-one associated with the football program or athletics department is still at Kennedy right? And your "fair warning" to Struthers is completely unfounded and baseless. Calling us "classless" because you feel that traveling to Warren is beneath you is pretty telling.

Calling us "classless" because you feel that traveling to Warren is beneath you is pretty telling.
It's quite apparent you didn't comprehend my post by you posting this confusing comment. Reread my post and break it down please. I think you got things mixed up.

It's pretty common knowledge jaws how you feel about Hubbard, it's not like you try to hide it, but that's alright, you're entitled to your opinion just like I am about JFK. I have never posted on a JFK thread, I have no need, want or desire to do so, unlike you on Hubbard threads.

From what I was told today, they won’t be putting JFK on the schedule, but both coaches like the fact that in scrimmages the coaches work together to prepare both teams for the season. They will be around for awhile in terms of scrimmages and possibly even a practice 7/7 like before