Teams In Jeopardy of Not Fielding Full Team in 2021

Don't quote me here, but of the schools mentioned so far here's what I found from googling/their athletic websites --

These schools have soccer: Cincinnati Country Day, Finneytown (3-time state champ), Cory-Rawson, and Mathews (co-ed)
These schools don't: MVCA, Vanlue, Jefferson Township, Sebring, Federal Hocking
Finneytown hasn’t been a soccer power in decades

Kids need to be made to stay in their school district. This transfer and recruiting crap is killing small schools all over. Finneytown isn't the greatest place in Cincy but they do deserve a chance to right the ship.
The big schools are poaching the small amount of talent that the small guys have. It's sad.

Must be too proud to admit they are an 8 man destined program
Talked to the AD on the sideline of their game against Stryker. They were very adamant in trying to get back to 11 man. 8-man was just a stopgap to that objective. My guess is they're trying to move back when as a private school, with Covid happening and crunching a lot of families' available finances, nows not the time to be worried about sticking to 11 man. Might want to make sure you just have a school this fall with enough kids paying tuition.

Does anyone know if CCD is going to have a team? They limped out the back half of last season, did not enter playoffs and that's coming off a 6-game schedule the year before which caused playoff issues for opponents who lost a scheduled game.

Talked to the AD on the sideline of their game against Stryker. They were very adamant in trying to get back to 11 man. 8-man was just a stopgap to that objective. My guess is they're trying to move back when as a private school, with Covid happening and crunching a lot of families' available finances, nows not the time to be worried about sticking to 11 man. Might want to make sure you just have a school this fall with enough kids paying tuition.

SMCC has hampered the league before by their indecision and stubbornness. Allowing them to try and comeback after one year, especially after the lack of success in 8-man, was a monster mistake by the school and the league.

SMCC has hampered the league before by their indecision and stubbornness. Allowing them to try and comeback after one year, especially after the lack of success in 8-man, was a monster mistake by the school and the league.
I agree. Should be a 2 year cycle and proof of success at 8man with adequate numbers to come back up.

But this would be aided by the ohsaa actually having a protocol in place. Which they don't.

I disagree... should not be a 2 year cycle. Numbers can change dramatically from year to year.
But teams should have to declare by June 16 and schedules finalized by July 1.

I
So what exactly are the 10 opponents supposed to do? It’s impossible to get games of decency that late, especially weeks 4-10
I just think teams make their schedules too early, before they know if they will have enough players.
By June 16, teams should know if they can play 11-man, 8-man, or tell players to go play elsewhere. Less of a chance for teams to be scrambling to find opponents in September.

I

I just think teams make their schedules too early, before they know if they will have enough players.
By June 16, teams should know if they can play 11-man, 8-man, or tell players to go play elsewhere. Less of a chance for teams to be scrambling to find opponents in September.

There isn't a chance something like that works. Not to mention, that would mean AD's and staff working in the summer to try and arrange something. You schedule teams in advance for a reason.

the OHSAA has included 8-Man information and regulations in the Football regulations in recent years. Not like they ignore it completely. I maintain if there was real interest to go to and stay at 8-Man by member schools, then the OHSAA would move faster. It may come eventually. MI jumped in a few years ago with some success.

maybe it is the chicken and the egg...

There isn't a chance something like that works. Not to mention, that would mean AD's and staff working in the summer to try and arrange something. You schedule teams in advance for a reason.
In a perfect world, scheduling in April for football in August did work.
But since concussion fear, everyone expecting immediate gratification, covid, more fall sports, softer parents and kids, and the 2020 election, football must be treated like a fragile person on life support; meaning, AD’s, and everyone else are gonna have to do a little more.

In a perfect world, scheduling in April for football in August did work.
But since concussion fear, everyone expecting immediate gratification, covid, more fall sports, softer parents and kids, and the 2020 election, football must be treated like a fragile person on life support; meaning, AD’s, and everyone else are gonna have to do a little more.

What in the world are you talking about? Scheduling two years out and beyond has happened for as long as I can remember and that's a while and it's worked just fine. None of that other nonsense you mentioned as anything to do with it.

What am I taking about???
I thought we were talking about team schedules.
And how teams are dropping out last second, causing opponents to scramble for a last-second game in week 2.
And the reason for this is because teams can’t field a full team.
And some of the reasons teams can’t field a full team is what I listed above.
And so I thought adjusting our scheduling ways might help this problem.
That is all.