Dayton Thursday Night Lights will be back in 2021.

Here's what I'm seeing as possibilities so far: These are just games I have found on Thursday's in Arbiter

Week 1 = Alter @ Fairmont or Eaton @ Greenville
Week 2 = Miami East @ Carlisle
Week 3 = West Carrollton @ Stebbins
Week 4 = Ansonia @ Arcanum (Confirmed TNL game)
Week 5 =
Week 6 =
Jefferson Township @ Dayton Christian
Week 7 = Bellbrook @ Madison
Week 8 = Troy Christian @ Dayton Northridge
Week 9 = Tippecanoe @ Fairborn
Week 10 =

Last edited:
I wonder if they even try to get a MAC game.
Yes, and they could really build this up if they looked for some of the better matchups each week. No offense, but some of the possible games listed above wouldn't garner much attention with the exception of Alter vs. Fairmont. The Miami Valley and beyond offers some great football, especially DIII - DVII. I would love to see them pick out some of the great games each week. Lets see that Coldwater vs. Marion Local game every year, etc.

Alter and Fairmont are playing Thursday BUT it is NOT TNL because both schools felt it wasn't worth going through all that work and not get any money or kickback from ABC 22 Fox 45 and its already the #1 game in Dayton anyways for Week 1 regardless of it being on tv or not....

And if those games and weeks mentioned above are true.... those are just god awful games to watch.

Yes, and they could really build this up if they looked for some of the better matchups each week. No offense, but some of the possible games listed above wouldn't garner much attention with the exception of Alter vs. Fairmont. The Miami Valley and beyond offers some great football, especially DIII - DVII. I would love to see them pick out some of the great games each week. Lets see that Coldwater vs. Marion Local game every year, etc.
I have to wonder if they are having trouble getting places to go now that schools are using pay-per-view video streaming for extra revenue. There is no money to be made with the game on free over-the-air TV. I think some of the pushback we got against putting games on radio was for the same reasons.

I love how they go to so many different schools. I do agree a MAC would be a great addition to the lineup.
I will most likely be going to 4 of the games on the above schedule.

Here's what I'm seeing as possibilities so far:

Week 1 = Alter @ Fairmont or Eaton @ Greenville
Week 2 = Miami East @ Carlisle
Week 3 = West Carrollton @ Stebbins
Week 4 = Ansonia @ Arcanum (Confirmed TNL game)
Week 5 =
Week 6 =
Jefferson Township @ Dayton Christian
Week 7 = Bellbrook @ Madison
Week 8 = Troy Christian @ Dayton Northridge
Week 9 = Tippecanoe @ Fairborn
Week 10 =
i will watch regardless but wow… these are some terrible matchups!

MAC and OHC country should get hit up for a few games. the CBC even offers some good matchups occasionally.

i will watch regardless but wow… these are some terrible matchups!

MAC and OHC country should get hit up for a few games. the CBC even offers some good matchups occasionally.

I disagree.... some are intriguing and I only see a couple of blow outs on paper. They might not be the marquee names in HS football but I don't care as I see the D1 schools all the time. The MAC schools are on WOSN so there are always a couple of MAC games a week. I would not mind seeing some OHC schools though....

Everyone keeps talking about the MAC and yes it's 1.5-2 hours away from most of Dayton area.... lets talk about some other mid ranged and small schools games and conference matchups.... SWBL sucks unless you can get a Bellbrook/Franklin/VV game, DPS is a joke, Three Rivers/CCC is not attractive to watch (may still be well coached football), MVL is ehhhh besides a Piqua Troy classic.... GWOC is going to have solid matchups.... They should do Alter-Hoban or Trotwood-LaSalle

I disagree.... some are intriguing and I only see a couple of blow outs on paper. They might not be the marquee names in HS football but I don't care as I see the D1 schools all the time. The MAC schools are on WOSN so there are always a couple of MAC games a week. I would not mind seeing some OHC schools though....
the fact is they could’ve chosen much better matchups. Dayton Christian vs Dayton Jefferson will be the worst football game ever broadcasted.

there’s plenty of intriguing matchups and rivalries in the GWOC/GCL/CBC/OHC/SWBL/MVL/WOAC the deserve to be broadcasted. Alter/Hoban and Trotwood/La Salle to name a few.

Badin vs Alter
Bellbrook vs Valley View
Preble Shawnee vs Tri Village
Milton Union vs Covington
Greenon vs Greeneview
Piqua vs Troy
Springfield vs Wayne
Mechanicsburg vs West Liberty Salem

just to name a few i’d love to see on TV from each league

Everyone keeps talking about the MAC and yes it's 1.5-2 hours away from most of Dayton area.... lets talk about some other mid ranged and small schools games and conference matchups.... SWBL sucks unless you can get a Bellbrook/Franklin/VV game, DPS is a joke, Three Rivers/CCC is not attractive to watch (may still be well coached football), MVL is ehhhh besides a Piqua Troy classic.... GWOC is going to have solid matchups.... They should do Alter-Hoban or Trotwood-LaSalle
There is always a lot of amusement in MACcountry how we don't seem to be in the Dayton area until a couple of weeks into the playoffs, then all of a sudden the Dayton television stations and newspapers start claiming us.

Putting games on that are likely to invoke the “30-point rule” is problematic for the broadcaster.

Just for the fun of it, lets list some of the better games that we could see each week. We'll go with vamps as well, not necessarily all big names, but also simply competitive games. Dayton and surrounding area, so we'll extend up into the MAC, etc.

Week 1:
Ansonia vs. Riverside
Minster vs. Fort Loramie
St. Henry vs. Covington
Wapak vs. Marion Local
Miami East vs. Preble Shawnee
Coldwater vs. Kenton
Springfield Shawnee vs. Valley View
Cin. Mariemont vs. Oakwood
Cin. Indian Hill vs. McNicholas
Alter vs. Fairmont
Bellbrook vs. Tipp City
CJ vs. Troy
Fenwick vs. Franklin
Winton Woods vs. Trotwood Madison
Centerville vs. Fairfield
Springboro vs. Lebanon
Springfield vs. Akron Hoban

All of the games I've listed for Week 1 should be competitive or big name games. The Springfield vs. Akron Hoban game really stands out to me though. Talk about a huge matchup to kickoff the season.

Last edited:
Week 2:
Fort Loramie vs. Versailles
McComb vs. Marion Local
Fort Frye vs. St. Henry
Preble Shawnee vs. Tri-Village
Anna @ Brookville
Cin. Oak Hills vs. Coldwater
Covington vs. Mechaniscsburg
Greeneview vs. Waynesville
Carlisle vs. Miami East
West Jefferson vs. Paint Valley
Middletown Madison vs. Fenwick
Ottawa Glandorf vs. Wapak
Eaton vs. Springfield Shawnee
Cin. Anderson vs. Clinton Massie
Milton Union vs. Valley View
Bellbrook vs. Hamilton Badin
Beavercreek vs. Franklin
Xenia vs. Troy
Mason vs. Centerville
Lebanon vs. Miamisburg
Fairfield vs. Springfield
Reynoldsburg vs. Wayne

I went through Week 2. The Coldwater game traveling to DI Cin. Oak Hills stands out to me a great deal. Not that Oak Hills is a strong team, but just school size so much bigger than Coldwater. I think that's an interesting game.

There's a 0% chance a MAC game would be moved to Thursday night so it could be broadcast on Dayton TV. Less than 0.

to be fair, there’s not USUALLY any Massie games worth broadcasting. but i wish they were.
Id like to see either the Desales or Anderson game on there, but they both are away.

Last years Alter game would of been a good one 3 min in the 4th left, Alter driving to score the nail in the coffin and the rare strip fumble puts Massie back in it with a go ahead score. Nerve racking but great game.

Id like to see either the Desales or Anderson game on there, but they both are away.

Last years Alter game would of been a good one 3 min in the 4th left, Alter driving to score the nail in the coffin and the rare strip fumble puts Massie back in it with a go ahead score. Nerve racking but great game.
what you have to think about is they won’t broadcast a local team playing a Cincinnati/Columbus team, so that elimainates about any of Massie decent matchups

i agree the Alter game would’ve been a top notch TV game

There is always a lot of amusement in MACcountry how we don't seem to be in the Dayton area until a couple of weeks into the playoffs, then all of a sudden the Dayton television stations and newspapers start claiming us.

I disagree. I am a huge MAC fan and the coverage in the Dayton area covers the MAC in all weeks..... well, at least they did back when I watched the news and read the paper. That has been a good 5 years ago though so maybe it has changed..... nevermind.

I disagree. I am a huge MAC fan and the coverage in the Dayton area covers the MAC in all weeks..... well, at least they did back when I watched the news and read the paper. That has been a good 5 years ago though so maybe it has changed..... nevermind.
It hasn't changed. Dayton news stations usually have MAC segments each week with video.
I just didn't want to mess up a "we're not appreciated" moment.

If Alter and Hoban both start off 3-0, that should be a Spectrum game at least; not saying ESPN by any means.... but both teams have studs and big time D1 guys too that would be a great match up to watch

1.5 to 2 hours from Dayton? Maybe in a horse and buggy. I can get to Minster in 50 minutes from Dayton and Marion Local in about 1 hour flat. Anna is exactly 40 minutes north of Dayton on a decent 5 over trip.

I recall watching a couple MAC games last year perhaps they were streamed on YouTube? The Ft Loramie vs New Bremen game was one and I think the Marion vs New Bremen regular season game was another.

^ maybe be different this year and start all your banalities with... "so.... " instead of "uhhhhhh".