FC Cincinnati: What is your interest?

What is your current interest in FC Cincinnati?

• Total voters

Chop Stix

Ohio's youngest "major" professional sports team has entered their 3rd season of play in Major League Soccer and their 6th season overall as a professional franchise.

Despite being the worst performing team in MLS for the past 2 seasons, FCC is hoping to contend for a MLS play-off spot after spending $10+ million this offseason on new signings Brenner and Luciano Acosta.

Yesterday, FCC just played their first match in their brand new 26,000 seat TQL Stadium located in the city's West End neighborhood.

This question is mainly geared towards the board's SWO residents, but also any poster who considers themselves a soccer fan:

What is your current interest in FC Cincinnati?

Are you more or less interested in the team than you were several years ago?

Will you try to attend a match this season?

I am a season ticket holder and have been since 2017.

After missing attending last seasons games in person my overall interest in FCC has diminished. That the team is historically bad doesn't help but not going to games, especially the last year at Nippert, was a real blow for my enthusiasm. And I suspect I'm not alone here.

The new stadium looks great though I resent that I couldn't be at the very first game played there. I blame DeWine as he should have completely reopened for outdoor events no later then May 1.

I opted out of the ticket lottery for the 6,000 fans that were at the game. My reasoning was that a near empty stadium and the mask mandate meant that the in game experience would kind of suck.

FCC has lost out on the grace period that the new stadium would have given them and so now the team must perform on the field of play. I have my doubts that they've got the talent mix right so there is little hope there.

I am looking forward to the real TQL stadium opening game in mid June when a packed house will supposedly be there. Maybe I can get back some of the passion I had for FCC the last few years.

In the long run one of the saddest casualties of the ill considered lock downs may be FCC.

I was curious so I watched the game on TV. First thing that hit me was man the FB's were really slow and looked confused for most of the game. I doubt I would ever go see a game but will probably check them out when and if they are on again. I did not watch any MLS games last season but will watch the Crew when available as long as the politics are left out of the game.

Not much interest here. I’ll probably go to a match or two mostly to check out the new digs and if the price is right.

I respect other people who are interested in it, but I have and will always hate soccer.

FCC? The stadium looks nice. Not sure about the neighborhood.

I was referencing Columbus. New stadium about to open and the Haslams decide to roll out a very ugly rebrand

After missing attending last seasons games in person my overall interest in FCC has diminished. That the team is historically bad doesn't help but not going to games, especially the last year at Nippert, was a real blow for my enthusiasm. And I suspect I'm not alone here.

The new stadium looks great though I resent that I couldn't be at the very first game played there. I blame DeWine as he should have completely reopened for outdoor events no later then May 1.

I opted out of the ticket lottery for the 6,000 fans that were at the game. My reasoning was that a near empty stadium and the mask mandate meant that the in game experience would kind of suck.

FCC has lost out on the grace period that the new stadium would have given them and so now the team must perform on the field of play. I have my doubts that they've got the talent mix right so there is little hope there.

I am looking forward to the real TQL stadium opening game in mid June when a packed house will supposedly be there. Maybe I can get back some of the passion I had for FCC the last few years.

In the long run one of the saddest casualties of the ill considered lock downs may be FCC.

Are there any concessions for season ticket holders who couldn't attend the reduced capacity matches?

Was there a significant increase in the cost of your season tickets this season?

I was referencing Columbus. New stadium about to open and the Haslams decide to roll out a very ugly rebrand
I didn’t know it was TQL Stadium till yesterday. That company is a great local business story founded by a couple of McNicholas grads.

I understand they wanted make their own logos for the trademark revenue, but sheesh!

I have no rooting interest but I’m very interested in their success at building a fan base/increasing interest in soccer.

If they start to have more success on the field, I think they could gain quite the following. A lot of people don’t like or don’t know much about soccer but if they start winning I think average people will start watching.

Are there any concessions for season ticket holders who couldn't attend the reduced capacity matches?

Was there a significant increase in the cost of your season tickets this season?
I get credit for next year, IF I want to renew.

Ticket prices did go up but it was offset by the credit I got for last years season tickets which were not used.

I think the best thing for futball in Ohio would be for FC Cincinnati and the Columbus SC to both be good and have a dynamic series start to develop to the point where both fan bases make the trip to see the game at either stadium. Kind of like what Portland & Seattle got going.

So since no states or leagues were open May 1 you blame DeWine?

I'm sure if you give up your tickets someone will be waiting in line to take your place.

Went to a couple games in the past. Was actually really surprised how much the fans got into it and just the overall atmosphere. Not really a soccer fan so at times I struggled but I could get from the crowd reaction whether it was good or not. I believe they'll be a great draw over the next few years as they continue to grow.

So since no states or leagues were open May 1 you blame DeWine?

I'm sure if you give up your tickets someone will be waiting in line to take your place.

Went to a couple games in the past. Was actually really surprised how much the fans got into it and just the overall atmosphere. Not really a soccer fan so at times I struggled but I could get from the crowd reaction whether it was good or not. I believe they'll be a great draw over the next few years as they continue to grow.
The science supported a complete reopening of outdoor events this spring. I believe both Texas & Florida had full in stadium attendance by May 1. So yes I blame DeWine. He has been to slow in reopening.

But you're right the blame should be spread out among the public health bureaucrats who needlessly shut down society for covid. We'll be living with the negative results for decades.

And I'm sure that if I give up my four season tickets no one is waiting in line as FCC has sold 18,000 season tickets in a 26,000 seat stadium.

The atmosphere is electric which is part of the reason why I bought season tickets back in 2017. This is also the reason why I opted out of the ticket lottery which guaranteed one game at the three reduced attendance games. My investment in FCC is because I like soccer and enjoy the atmosphere at the games. Right now the team is terrible and 6,000 fans ain't going to cut it from an atmosphere POV.

IF FCC is back to full capacity by their 4th home game and IF they can right the ship on the talent front they will be a great draw. But right now they're starting to look like the expansion era Browns. If FCC has a long stretch of horrible soccer, and believe me when I say this team is bad, they will not be a draw.

I think the best thing for futball in Ohio would be for FC Cincinnati and the Columbus SC to both be good and have a dynamic series start to develop to the point where both fan bases make the trip to see the game at either stadium. Kind of like what Portland & Seattle got going.
The foundation for this rivalry is there as a result of geography and the stunning upset of the Crew by FCC in the US Open Cup. They even have a saying to describe the rivalry:

HELL IS REAL

Tried to buy tickets the other day and I guess they are only found season tickets at the moment due to Covid?

Went to a game last year and it was a blast, even in the pouring rain.

Watched about half of yesterday’s stadium opener on TV.

Don’t care much about FC Zinzinnati, but I’m not against it either. LBGTQRF need entertainment venues too

Texas and Florida's Governors said they could have full stadiums. No leagues, teams, fight cards, circuses or anyone else took them up on it. Most large cities and private venues decided if they opened, it would be at limited attendance. As far as I know, neither state has hosted a full stadium.

FCC has no intentions of selling 26,000 season tickets. It does nothing to grow their fanbase in a new market. It limits marketing and season ticket owners spend way less per game than the casual fan.

I root for them because they are the local team and I'll tune in to the games when they are on. Have only been to two games, none since they joined the MLS. I'd be more interested if the quality of play in MLS was better and if FC Cincinnati wasn't terrible. Generally I think MLS fans tend to be giant D-bags.

Texas and Florida's Governors said they could have full stadiums. No leagues, teams, fight cards, circuses or anyone else took them up on it. Most large cities and private venues decided if they opened, it would be at limited attendance. As far as I know, neither state has hosted a full stadium.
The Rangers had a “sell out” of a little over 38,000 in their new stadium for Opening Day. Capacity is 40,000.

Worked there a bit, nice place, could care less about soccer but I did run out on the field and do a quick knee slide (with all my PPE of course ) and run back in where I was working.

FCC has no intentions of selling 26,000 season tickets. It does nothing to grow their fanbase in a new market. It limits marketing and season ticket owners spend way less per game than the casual fan.
Canelo drew almost 75k in Dallas. I know they can hold more but I don't think it was restricted and the Rangers haven't restricted capacity for a few weeks now

While FCC wasn't going to sell all 26,000 seats as season tickets I bet they would have loved to have hit 20,000 - 22,000. Bottom line is there is no one waiting to snap up my season tickets if I decide not to renew.

Are you arguing that season ticket owners aren't a whole lot more valuable to a team then casual ticket buyers?