Ohio Lt. Governor Admits That It's Time To Fully Open Ohio

AllSports12

Comments about covid start at 10:52.... talks about it's time to get back to normal at 13:55.... Says if you don't get vaxxed by Memorial Day, "it's on you" and it's time to get back to normal.

Also said he didn't want to step on the governor's toes, but he expects him to announce this during his presser today.

Comments about covid start at 10:52.... talks about it's time to get back to normal at 13:55.... Says if you don't get vaxxed by Memorial Day, "it's on you" and it's time to get back to normal.

Also said he didn't want to step on the governor's toes, but he expects him to announce this during his presser today.
Heard the same thing and thought it's about friggin time. That should have been the thought process once the vaccinations were rolled out.

So after 3:00 today, no more wearing masks in Ohio?
Nope.....

Probably by month's end will be the "goal"...

Sounds like he's changing from cases per 100,000 to percentage of people vaccinated. (if he uses that, I hope he excludes the younger demographic from that figure)

Really makes no difference. Mask mandate means the government demands it. No mask mandate and many private businesses will still require it because they have been blinded by fear

My hope is some mom and pop shops won't require it. I'll give my business to ones not requiring it upon being fully vaccinated

At this point of his presser, no mention of any change. Doing his softball Q&A portion right now.

Looks like the Lt Governor may have stuck his foot in his mouth............ (would love to hear a reporter ask him about the Lt Governor's comments earlier today.... but, I won't hold my breath)

At this point of his presser, no mention of any change. Doing his softball Q&A portion right now.

Looks like the Lt Governor may have stuck his foot in his mouth............ (would love to hear a reporter ask him about the Lt Governor's comments earlier today.... but, I won't hold my breath)

Suspect his comments were politically motivated.

He was just asked point blank about health order changes related to vaccination rates....

He declined to answer...... saying "I don't have anything to add today"

So after 3:00 today, no more wearing masks in Ohio?

The people need to back your mandate...I'm in.

Luckily I live in area with no mask anywhere, there was a few about 6 months ago. I do go out of the area a lot and see people wearing mask. I do wear in hospitals for work if ask. People should trust science.

Montreal is done with the crap.
Many great interviews.

I just lowered my IQ by at least half and tuned into Cunningham just now. He has DeWine on the air.

- DeWine refused to give a drop dead date to reopen like many are doing right now.
- He lied through his teeth (another shocker, eh?) by saying other than for a short period of time he businesses have been fully open and there were no restrictions placed on businesses like restaurants. When it was pointed out to him that social distancing requirements greatly limited capacity. He said.... "well, just a little".

In short..... He's a bald faced liar.

DeWine is not going to loosen anything up in the near future.

Last edited:
I'm definitely one that's for reopening. If you've gotten vaccinated, then you have a 94% reduced chance of getting a disease in which 99% are mild cases. If you haven't then you've given your consent to accept the risks of that and still have a 99% chance of getting mild disease only.

Our rules regarding COVID are even dumber in the military than they are in civilian life and are clearly people with imagined power using it while they have it.

I'm definitely one that's for reopening. If you've gotten vaccinated, then you have a 94% reduced chance of getting a disease in which 99% are mild cases. If you haven't then you've given your consent to accept the risks of that and still have a 99% chance of getting mild disease only.

Our rules regarding COVID are even dumber in the military than they are in civilian life and are clearly people with imagined power using it while they have it.

Well said.

I can't believe I'm typing this, but Cunningham kicked DeWine's backside on live radio. Made him look truly small (no pun intended) when he bought up the fact that apparently you can walk around people outside of the Reds' ballpark with no mask, but people inside the park sitting with family members in a pod of 10 people cannot....

DeWine sounded like Biden when he tried to justify that.

I hope this interview becomes available on podcast.

I just lowered my IQ by at least half and tuned into Cunningham just now. He has DeWine on the air.

- DeWine refused to give a drop dead date to reopen like many are doing right now.
- He lied through his teeth (another shocker, eh?) by saying other than for a short period of time he businesses have been fully open and there were no restrictions placed on businesses like restaurants. When it was pointed out to him that social distancing requirements greatly limited capacity. He said.... "well, just a little".

In short..... He's a bald faced liar.

DeWine is not going to loosen anything up in the near future.

DeWine is a serial liar. The Reds aren't at full capacity. Restaurants and movie theaters aren't at full capacity. Are we going to see the festivals and other events kicking off in the near future at full capacity? There was no Reds opening game parade and how about Taste of Cincinnati? If we miss a second Taste in a row not only will the city suffer greatly but will people lose interest in the event?

I'm an FC Cincinnati season ticket holder and the first 3 games at the clubs brand new stadium are only allowed 6000 (capacity = 26,500) fans per game. This is a huge blow to a franchise that was hoping to ride the excitement of a new $250,000,000 stadium through the rough waters of having an MLS expansion team that sucks.

And I resent DeWines take on masking. I don't like wearing masks. They're uncomfortable. So why would I spend money on discretionary things that I enjoy if my enjoyment is reduced by wearing a mask? And no one is going to tell me that sitting at a Reds game or an FCC match on a hot humid day wearing a mask is comfortable.

So I won't spend my money on this kind of stuff. And from what I can see a lot of other people won't either. And even though these are discretionary, entertainment activities, communities depend on the income. And while I won't go because I hate wearing a mask a lot of people won't go because the mask mandate convinces them that they're still in grave danger from the pandemic. It's a classic case of heads you win tails I lose.

DeWine is an economic illiterate.

Really makes no difference. Mask mandate means the government demands it. No mask mandate and many private businesses will still require it because they have been blinded by fear

My hope is some mom and pop shops won't require it. I'll give my business to ones not requiring it upon being fully vaccinated
Hell. I dont see many places making people wear them when this is done except for the uppity places.

Few weeks ago local places were telling customers they dont have to wear them anymore and that they are not going to require customers to wear.
The signs will be up until the Supreme Leader gives an all clear, but for a few weeks now it is not a requirement in a number of establishments....

Hell. I dont see many places making people wear them when this is done except for the uppity places.

Few weeks ago local places were telling customers they dont have to wear them anymore and that they are not going to require customers to wear.
The signs will be up until the Supreme Leader gives an all clear, but for a few weeks now it is not a requirement in a number of establishments....
You must live in a real rural area. Its definitely been required in the cities I've been in

You must live in a real rural area. Its definitely been required in the cities I've been in
Yes.
and work in Columbus.
It is funny in our building at work. People will walk with the masks on their chins/necks or just holding them. If they notice the person walking down the hall with them then they dont bother putting it on. If they dont recognize eachother then both put their masks on as to not get told on by a Karen.

Last week, I believe it was a Wednesday we chose to go out for dinner. What I found to be true was that if a restaurant was a corporate entity they had they 30/40% occupancy rule in effect. All of these restaurants were 45-60 min wait for a table with very few cars in the parking lot. The two places we tried that were individually owned were packed out and had similar waits. I would gather that the corporate places have received plenty of the govt hand outs and don't need the business(Applebees, Chilis, BW3) so I will not be back even when this all ends. I have always attempted to send most of my business to locally owned businesses. These situations further solidify those efforts. BTW-almost no mask wearing in the locally owned places, hazmat suits at the others. LOL

I remember at the beginning of baseball...30% capacity masks must be worn unless actively eating or drinking. Watch a game on TV, 70% of people don't have masks on. No one cares anymore. Just open it back up. A few random people get sick but hasn't it been like that since the beginning of time? We're humans, we get sick.

Reactions: y2h
Last week, I believe it was a Wednesday we chose to go out for dinner. What I found to be true was that if a restaurant was a corporate entity they had they 30/40% occupancy rule in effect. All of these restaurants were 45-60 min wait for a table with very few cars in the parking lot. The two places we tried that were individually owned were packed out and had similar waits. I would gather that the corporate places have received plenty of the govt hand outs and don't need the business(Applebees, Chilis, BW3) so I will not be back even when this all ends. I have always attempted to send most of my business to locally owned businesses. These situations further solidify those efforts. BTW-almost no mask wearing in the locally owned places, hazmat suits at the others. LOL
Go out to eat quite a bit, I don't know of a restaurant that's at 30-40%. They are all wide open because restaurants are a volume business. they need 100% capacity to survive. Waiters / Waitresses need tips to make money. Also, restaurants are strugglng with employees.

Driving around town IMO it seems like the majority of restaurants are wide open at this point. In the evenings and on the weekends just about everywhere looks like it's packed.

Go out to eat quite a bit, I don't know of a restaurant that's at 30-40%. They are all wide open because restaurants are a volume business. they need 100% capacity to survive. Waiters / Waitresses need tips to make money. Also, restaurants are strugglng with employees.
Not sure why I would think otherwise but okay I will go with your premise. An hour wait and the parking lot is less than half filled. Okay.

I can't believe I'm typing this, but Cunningham kicked DeWine's backside on live radio. Made him look truly small (no pun intended) when he bought up the fact that apparently you can walk around people outside of the Reds' ballpark with no mask, but people inside the park sitting with family members in a pod of 10 people cannot....

DeWine sounded like Biden when he tried to justify that.

I hope this interview becomes available on podcast.
I missed it also, would love to hear that interview

DeWine is a serial liar. The Reds aren't at full capacity. Restaurants and movie theaters aren't at full capacity. Are we going to see the festivals and other events kicking off in the near future at full capacity? There was no Reds opening game parade and how about Taste of Cincinnati? If we miss a second Taste in a row not only will the city suffer greatly but will people lose interest in the event?

I'm an FC Cincinnati season ticket holder and the first 3 games at the clubs brand new stadium are only allowed 6000 (capacity = 26,500) fans per game. This is a huge blow to a franchise that was hoping to ride the excitement of a new $250,000,000 stadium through the rough waters of having an MLS expansion team that sucks.

And I resent DeWines take on masking. I don't like wearing masks. They're uncomfortable. So why would I spend money on discretionary things that I enjoy if my enjoyment is reduced by wearing a mask? And no one is going to tell me that sitting at a Reds game or an FCC match on a hot humid day wearing a mask is comfortable.

So I won't spend my money on this kind of stuff. And from what I can see a lot of other people won't either. And even though these are discretionary, entertainment activities, communities depend on the income. And while I won't go because I hate wearing a mask a lot of people won't go because the mask mandate convinces them that they're still in grave danger from the pandemic. It's a classic case of heads you win tails I lose.

DeWine is an economic illiterate.

Serial Liar, Economic illiterate are perfect words to describe this little dictator!