CBC 2021. (Central Buckeye Conference)

Pretty sure Graham's last coach wasn't in the building 3 out of 4 years he was there. This is nothing new, and is the byproduct of having to make several cuts in recent years as they haven't passed a levy for new operating funds in nearly 30 years.

Austin Morgan is pending board approval as the next coach at Covington. I have heard some names begin to surface from earlier weeks. Rumblings of Lima Perry's current HC, Marietta area HS HC, and even a former college coach with multiple years of experience at the NCAA level. Graham is disappointing to me in the hastiness and effort shown to get this hire right. Cahill resigned at Graham when? January or February?? and its April 14th and there still isn't a candidate named!?! I hear you in that it is a process to hire a new HC but this job isn't exactly Coffman or Jerome that opened up and take a 6 week interview process.

Or maybe they are taking their time to find the right candidate for the long haul. Kids need stability. I don't know. Just putting the shoe on the other foot.

I get it, but it's also a position that probably involves the most students in the building (ok, Graham and wrestling may be the exception) from a sports perspective. I guess I am biased towards football, but to me it's a pretty important leadership position within a district. If I am a Super I try like hell to find a way to get a head coach in the building. But, that's me. I'm not one to follow "protocal."
Well if you are the super are you willing to give up around half your salary to create a position for the coach? Because that is about the only way Graham is going to have the money to create a position out of nothing.

Hypothetically ... If Cutler leaves London for JA, and being later April at best for that to happen ... Any names way in advance for London? Any assistant coaches people can see stepping into the role, or any first time head coaches from the Graham/JA interviews that would have a shot at London?

Saw Graham's JV baseball play and at least 4 kids had uniforms where they numbers were just athletic tape on, and were partly or mostly falling off. I was embarrassed for those kids to be on a HS team and not even have proper uniforms.
That's sad.

Saw Graham's JV baseball play and at least 4 kids had uniforms where their numbers were just athletic taped on, and were partly or mostly falling off. I was embarrassed for those kids to be on a HS team and not even have proper uniforms.

To be fair, I believe they have like 25 kids on their JV team. Probably didn't anticipate those numbers and didn't have enough jerseys.

To be fair, I believe they have like 25 kids on their JV team. Probably didn't anticipate those numbers and didn't have enough jerseys.
isn’t high school baseball a tryout sport? who would keep 25 kids on a JV team? haven’t heard of that before but 25 kids with one JV coach would be a nightmare.

Good Lord! Why would anyone keep 25 JV players for baseball? With PTP at $175, you can bet parents are expecting playing time, let alone the kids. If true, this would be really bad all the way around.

As for football, I think a Former “Blue Knight” will get the job.
isn’t high school baseball a tryout sport? who would keep 25 kids on a JV team? haven’t heard of that before but 25 kids with one JV coach would be a nightmare.

Well there were two former "Knights" on staff this past year. One was former player Rich Clark who is currently the PE teacher at Graham High School, and assistant coach and former HC of the "Knights" David Taynor.

Typically, yes. I don't know the situation. Just was pointing out that their JV baseball team has an ungodly amount of members from what I've been told.

Hypothetically ... If Cutler leaves London for JA, and being later April at best for that to happen ... Any names way in advance for London? Any assistant coaches people can see stepping into the role, or any first time head coaches from the Graham/JA interviews that would have a shot at London?

I do not see Cutler leaving London at this time... IF he leaves I imagine he would take a few assistant coaches with him. There are absolutely Coaches on staff who would fit the position. I do not see runner ups from the Graham job coming to London and I have no idea who applied at JA. I know London got a great coach the last time JA passed on a Coach... time will tell. Whoever the London Coach is will have a great group of student-athletes to work with.

Payton Printz (Triad, Southeastern) has been an assistant at London the last year or two.

i thought he was at Marysville? oh well. i’m sure he’s done coaching. maybe he could be a stop-gap coach if they didn’t find a good candidate.

Maybe he did for a year...he was definitely at London last year. I don't think he's done as to my knowledge he definitely applied for at least one local job this year. If Cutler actually left for Alder, I think he'd definitely be interested in the London job and as more than a stop-gap for a year.

Maybe he did for a year...he was definitely at London last year. I don't think he's done as to my knowledge he definitely applied for at least one local job this year. If Cutler actually left for Alder, I think he'd definitely be interested in the London job and as more than a stop-gap for a year.
interesting. i know he’s getting older. does he still have a job at South Chuck? i liked the way his Trojan squads played. i’m sure he would want to be in the building if he is in fact interested in the job. He has a good track record- hope London would be ready for a spread!

Age is just a number. It would be awesome to see what he could do with London's athletes and his style of spread offense. He was one of London's offensive line coaches last season, sharing duties with Eric Leeth.

Got any other names for who is interviewing?
Nope, pretty tight lipped at the school, but names should be circulating after today. Community Panel, School Admin & Players will be sitting in on interviews this afternoon.

I understand that they want to narrow it down to the final 2 and do final interviews next week. I would guess that the new coach will be announced at the next board meeting on 5/10