Recent content by Vet Observer

1. V

2024 Schedules

I think Linton was one of the teams Hickory beat en route to the state championship in "Hoosiers". It's on the other side or Bloomington and just southeast of Terre Haute. 216 miles and 3 hours and 40 minutes drive time from Maria Stein to Linton. Unless there are a lot of overtimes the game...
  2. V

Moeller president arrested in Nashville for being drunk and harassing women...

Maybe that Nashville bar had a sign above the entrance that said "Through These Doors Walk The Men Of Moeller"
  3. V

Anyone know where to access old UPI All Ohio Football teams?

The Columbus Citizen-Journal, Cincinnati Post and Cleveland Press were all UPI papers.
  4. V

2024 Cincinnati Area Open Jobs

Sycamore's salary schedule is on line. Depending on the education level of the teacher I guess what amounts to the top level (25 years) ranges from $83.7K to just over $106K.
  5. V

It appears all the facts have come out.
  6. V

"Sweathog" Arnold Horshack in Gabe Kotter's class at James Buchanan High: "Ooh! Ooh!"
  7. V

SWOH D1 Thread

Thanks. I have seen quite a few things over the years at the high school, college and minor league baseball level. Other than my sons I have run out of people to tell them to as the few friends I picked up along the way are either deceased or live hundreds of miles out of state. If you are...
  8. V

SWOH D1 Thread

Just more snark from you. I was unaware score was being kept. Yeah, I'm old. Two things you should remember. 1. With age comes wisdom. 2. Old age is a privilege denied to many people. I hope you get to enjoy that privilege. No, I wasn't mopping floors on the concourse. I was a sports...
  9. V

SWOH D1 Thread

Doesn't surprise me your "final" comeback is your usual gratuitous snark. That was your last shot? AIRBALL! Reminds me of the old Peggy Lee song "Is That All There Is?" Your list of 2024 top high school prospects haven't done squat at the college level at this point. On the other hand, I...
  10. V

SWOH D1 Thread

Here's the 2024 AP All-America team: https://apnews.com/article/ap-all-america-mens-basketball-team-42313363c91cbee1bec7d23c79dc0afFIRST TEAM: Everyone except Edey attended only a traditional American high school. I'm sure there must be hundreds of foreign players wanting to come to the U. S...
  11. V

SWOH D1 Thread

12. V

SWOH D1 Thread

His sister-in-law, Kristin Shepard. That leads me to Reed Shepherd. I bypassed looking at the top 100 recruits (haven't done anything in college yet) and instead went to an NBA mock draft site. Reed Shepherd is a top 10 projection, North Laurel High School via a one-season pit stop at UK...
  13. V

Saturday, March 16 Final Scores

Before playing at Ohio State and the NBA Larry the late Siegfried played at Shelby in the 1950s and led the state in scoring one season. The Shelby football team ran the singe-wing offense well into the 1970s.
  14. V

Saturday Updates 3/16 (23-24 Season)

Bully for you.
  15. V

Saturday Updates 3/16 (23-24 Season)

Centerville70, Moeller 69 final 2 OTs Powell 3-pointer with 8 seconds left wins it Kazanecki 34 points for Moeller