Recent content by TheTaxMan

1. T

Ask The Ump?

Game tonight: twice the first baseman tried the hidden ball trick. Both times the pitcher was in the dirt of the mound but NOT on the pitcher's plate (rubber). Balk called both times. I suggested after the game that they check the rule book and that I believed they were following the Major...
  2. T

Ask The Ump?

Here's a question: Is there a rule that if an assistant coach is ejected, The head coach needs to be ejected also?
  3. T

2022 GCL Co-Ed

A HS kid shouldn't throw over 100 pitches Sorry, but that is a ridiculous blanket statement, as is the statement that 4 days rest after 8 innings pitching is "child abuse* Depends on the pitcher, depends on the weather, depends on the number AND TYPE of pitches thrown. some kids should be done...
  4. T

Ask The Ump?

AllSports12....Thank you! We had this play the other night. Our player apparently ran inside the baseline, but the ball was hit to the SS and our player was thrown out easily. The HP umpire just happened to mention to our Coach: "Hey, your kid was way inside the baseline, tell him to watch...
  5. T

Ask The Ump?

QUESTIONS for those more "in the know" than me..... 1. If a player or a coach asks a field umpire to move to the side so a baserunner can see better, does an umpire HAVE to move? is it common for him to say "No, I'm crouched down, you can see around me?" 2. If a batter is running to 1st...
  6. T

2022 GCL Co-Ed

Well, it's Tiger 84, you have to take him at his word because he certainly isn't biased in any way; just read back through his posts! Clearly the CJ player was OUT!!!
  7. T

2022 GCL Co-Ed

Philly: 290 foot fence, so a whole 30 feet shorter than most places.....not a huge difference when the Left Center gap goes up to 340 pretty quickly. 410 in center (not 600) and a very short backstop, yes. But I guess you must hate Fenway Park too because they have a non-standard field...
  8. T

2022 GCL Co-Ed

Philly Cat, So you've been in every GCL-S dugout, but you've probably NOT been to Carroll's field in......how long? I've not seen Elder, Moeller, St.X or LaSalle's fields in a number of years, since Carroll no longer has the cross over games with the Big 4....but I'm pretty sure we were talking...
  9. T

2022 GCL Co-Ed

go Irish and Tigers84: Geeeez!!! you guys got a little bit of burn about Carroll, or what?!?! No, they didn't graduate their entire team. They graduated TWO Seniors who played significantly, one who couldn't play at all due to injury, and one who got about 6 AB's. Yes, they lost one of the...