Recent content by TexasFanFromOhio

1. T

Coaching Pay

@CedarBuck92 Let's play hypothetical here on how to compute the pay. On average lets just say there's a $5,500 contract and there's 340 hours preseason (two-a-days) and during the season. 340 hours includes practices and games. It comes out to be roughly $14.70. Now, this is if you do the bare...
  2. T

Coaching Pay

@SWGA Fan pennies on the hour for the amount of time it requires to have a successful football program year in and year out. It is minuscule pay when you break it down.
  3. T

Coaching Pay

@scbuckeye99 that is also under the assumption that majority of schools are hiring teachers to also coach. That is not the current climate. I would say a majority of coaches in Northeast Ohio do not teach.
  4. T

Coaching Pay

I think a lot of people on this thread would be absolutely shocked at how little coaches get paid. At every sport.
  5. T

A Simple Solution To The Competitive Balance Issue

Right now. It feels like the way that the playoffs are set in Ohio is like if Alabama were to bump down to a D3 college bracket just because of their enrollment. Wouldn't you want to see TCC and Glenville play each other in the playoffs? Add St. Ed's and Hoban to that playoff bracket as well. It...
  6. T

Mentor Football 2023

I have a hard time believing a public school would fire a coach because they are not meeting expectations. Regardless of the playoff format, Mentor has made runs in the playoffs. I do not see Mentor moving on from Gray.
  7. T

Mentor Football 2023

Is Fox potentially going down as one of the most recruited QBs in Mentor history? Good for him.
  8. T

Mentor Football 2023

@trivbird I would be inclined to add Bill Deitmen to the RB list. If I remember correctly, he was one of the first to named a captain as a junior in the mentor program and a huge reason for the 2006 team making it into the championship game.
  9. T

Mentor Football 2023

@trivbird Fantastic list. You included some names in there that I definitely thought people forgot about.
  10. T

Division III in 2023?

@thehawg27 When Tippecanoe beat Badin and Chardon lost to Canfield last season, I thought that let the door wide open for Canfield to win it all.
  11. T

Mentor Football 2023

Their schedule is very interesting to me. Also, it feels as though no matter what they'll have Ed's waiting for them at some point in the playoffs. You have to figure out a way to win that game when the time comes.
  12. T

Division III in 2023?

@Cinciirish Absolutely, add them to the list. What is incredible to me is that D3 is crazy competitive. Region 9 looks like a slaughterhouse surviving it.
  13. T

Division III in 2023?

Anyways, I think Chardon will always be a contender. Canfield loses Broc who carried that team to the promise land in 2022 and he has moved on and I do not think that team can repeat. Kenston always makes a run in the playoffs. I am also going to add Badin to the list. A very tough team and...
  14. T

Mentor Football 2023

@eds84grad Either way, during the regular season or post, Ed's and Mentor always find a way to play each other and they're always a great game to watch.
  15. T

Biggest Non-Conference Rival?

@edsfootball10 speaking from a different perspective, not through the lens of a fan, but when Mentor started scheduling Iggy in the regular season, Iggy was the best team in Northeast Ohio and had a long stretch of regular season and post season success. Mentor did start scheduling Ed's in 2010...