Recent content by Talk some sense

1. T

Positive Reflections

Read a little closer. Founded in 1924 would mean first graduates in 1925 at the earliest assuming there were seniors who started that first year.
  2. T

Kentucky's 'Sweet 16'...It Works

Why not have a tournament among the class champions in Ohio the following weekend?
  3. T

R4 Final Centerville vs Moeller

You would be wrong.
  4. T

GWOC 2023-2024

Mentioned elsewhere that time of day and day of week kept Centerville crowd down. Perhaps today will be a fairer check.
  5. T

R4 Final 4

Mishap? Sounds like slipping on a banana peel not a series of very terrible decisions.
  6. T

FINAL 2023-2024 state AP basketball poll

Before the internet, voters were really in the dark about teams outside their area.
  7. T

FINAL 2023-2024 state AP basketball poll

But a team doesn't get a state championship with votes. So it's all silly and pointless anyway.
  8. T

Recruiting our Middle School players...stay away

Oops. Sarcasm went way way over your head. Sorry about that.
  9. T

Recruiting our Middle School players...stay away

Actually, I think the job is to teach basketball, teamwork, etc not just be a feeder program. I bet you don't cut every kid who obviously isn't going to play varsity one day. Maybe you should have 5 players so they get all the minutes.
  10. T

GWOC 2023-2024

Maybe not every freshman is ready for D1 right out of the chute and teams have better upperclassmen. That's no need to transfer but I get it depending on who's whispering in their ears.
  11. T

GWOC 2023-2024

Way to go out on a limb since Centerville has actually already beaten Moeller this year.
  12. T

Family sues school over their son being cut from the basketball team

Two year starter suddenly isn't any good? Unlikely. Definitely sounds like retaliation.
  13. T

Moeller Class of 2026

I bet they'll have a few freshmen who will play JV because they're pretty good players. And 22 is way too many for two freshman teams. Probably better to have 16-18 for the sake of playing time. Highly doubtful that #19 would have turned out to be a varsity player anyway.
  14. T

Moeller Class of 2026

Such pride in JV record. It's great but nobody cares. Just shows that the depth is there. Don't need large classes as someone stated. 3 good players a year gives you 9 deep on the varsity which most schools and coaches would love to have.
  15. T

Biggest Upsets Tonight?

Given the relatively small sample size, I think this result might be truly statistically insignificant in the sense of a 95% confidence level that it wasn't random. But I don't have that table anymore to check lol.