Recent content by SVillegrad

1. S

Hoban's Tim Tyrrell to the University of Akron?

He was easily the best candidate they could have gotten regardless, but I think part of the reason they brought Arth in was to gain traction with the Catholic powers. Moorhead being a PIttsburgh Central Catholic alum can't hurt in trying to keep those doors open.
  2. S

Hoban's Tim Tyrrell to the University of Akron?

On the field, Moorhead was 7-9 in the SEC. He had four wins vacated due to recruiting violations. From what I recall he never had the complete support from boosters with some not wanting another "yankee" from Pennsylvania being the coach. Afterall, you don't get recruiting violations in the SEC...
  3. S

Mr football

Not going to disagree with what you said. But why wouldn't Allar be a viable winner based off of performance???
  4. S

Division III State Semifinal: Chardon (14-0) vs West Holmes (14-0)

Didn't St. Mary's just lose 45-10? Probably not their year. I think most people believe Chardon is the favorite not only in this game, but to repeat for the state title. Maybe it gets ugly but I think that would be more a testament to how good Chardon is and not a knock on WH. As for WH, their...
  5. S

Division III State Semifinal: Chardon (14-0) vs West Holmes (14-0)

Chardon has been the D3 favorite all year, but after seeing Sam Williams-Dixon yesterday, he is a good enough talent where I just can't automatically say Chardon will win this game. Defensively, he wasn't a difference maker against HN, but see why they had to have him out there. But...
  6. S

Region 1 Championship: St. Edward (12-1) vs. Medina (13-0)

I did not see 41-6 coming at all, but this (along with last year's R1 final beatdown to Mentor) has to be an eye-opener for the Medina coaching staff that if they want to continue to play big-boy football, they have to become more balanced. I know it's tough to take the ball out of somebody like...
  7. S

D2 Region 10: West Holmes vs Holy Name

Congrats to West Holmes. I watched some tape on Sam Williams-Dixon coming in and he is even better watching him in person. How the hell did you guys get him to Millersburg? Scary that he is just a sophomore and I see he has a freshman brother (unless you have an unrelated Williams-Dixon on the...
  8. S

Which D1 is now the favorite

Shocking to see nobody from Ed's. Know the kid committed to Minnesota hasn't been able to play the past two years now. Medina just has Allar for FBS, but they have at least 5 or 6 other seniors who will play at least FCS/D2, so they still have college talent. Im sure the others do as well...
  9. S

Regional Final Host Stadium Prognostications

It makes sense to flip the locations since Northwest would not come close to meeting the attendance needs of Massillon-Green. Sucks they have to both go all the to Mansfield. Its disappointing though that there wasn't a bigger stadium to hold HN-WH. While they wouldn't sell out Mansfield, I bet...
  10. S

Division 3 region 10

I agree on wide open offense being something that they haven't really seen. Disagree on the second part. I've watched some highlights and Sam Williams-Dixon looks legit. Reminds me a bit of Mentor's Evan Harper the couple times they were able to use him in the hybrid role (that is very, very...
  11. S

You have to remember that 2019 game was a ton of sophomores playing for Medina (now seniors). Defensively, Medina took their lumps that game. Offensively, they did score 38 on Ed's, which is part of the reason why Ed's had to keep the pressure on and ended up scoring 73.
  12. S

No. Medina's playoff history has been an upset of No. 1 McKinley as the eighth seed back in 2011, but lost the next week to Toledo St. John's. They beat Whitmer in 2016 as the No. 5 seed in 2016 but then lost to Olentangy Liberty the next week. Up until this recent run, Medina had been...
  13. S

Division 3 region 10

I'm not too surprised by the matchup. West Holmes is undefeated and was the No. 2 seed for a reason. But I don't think anybody should think that West Holmes caught a break by facing Holy Name. After all, Holy Name was in this same spot a year ago and fell 3 points short against Tiffin (which...
  14. S

Which D1 is now the favorite

I had Medina No. 1 in my final rankings (though had Ed's No. 2 ... and had Ed's No. 1 up until they lost to Moeller). But, I'm still going to vote Medina. I don't think they have done anything so far in the playoffs to lose my No. 1 vote. Plus, anybody who knows my posting history knows I've...
  15. S

Canton McKinley VS St. Edward

It's forgotten, but Mentor is also Mentor-on-the-Lake as well. So it's more like 55,000 total population, so about 75 percent of Canton. Then as you pointed out, part of Canton's population is already in Plain or Canton Local. So if 15,000 of Canton's population lives in one of those other two...