Recent content by Struthersfan

1. Struthersfan

2022 Akron City Series

Don't lie, you are. Ancient even :p :stirthepot::stirthepot::stirthepot:
  2. Struthersfan

2022 Akron City Series

You are correct. It was '67 that Hoban came to Struthers with I believe a 15 game winning streak. I was a young kid then, living about two blocks from the stadium. The stadium was packed, but I remember the place went into complete darkness around halftime I think. Something tells me they shut...
  3. Struthersfan

Moeller vs. Massillon predictions

Massillon 28 Moeller 21
  4. Struthersfan

Struthers football 2022

Anyone been able to scout how we're looking so far?
  5. Struthersfan

Struthers football 2022

Wouldn't hold your breath, if I were you. Cold day in hel....... Never happen, 😁 too many burnt bridges. Let them rack up the miles. On the other hand, could probably sell Howland a whole other easier
  6. Struthersfan

D7 R25 2022

Smoke signals per chance ???? :p
  7. Struthersfan

Favorite HS FB stadium?

Looks pretty darn good to me. If I'm not mistaken, they also have quite a nice gym.
  8. Struthersfan

Worst Ohio HS FB stadiums

That school is old as the hills. Yikes! 100 years old according to this video: https://www2.bing.com/videos/search?q=mathews+local+school+district&docid=608031072974093719&mid=AAA2DDC52A3A010FF289AAA2DDC52A3A010FF289&view=detail&FORM=VIRE
  9. Struthersfan

Favorite HS FB stadium?

And last but not least: Monument Valley High School, (Arizona) Complex:
  10. Struthersfan

Favorite HS FB stadium?

Here's a classic for ya: Yuma High School, home of the Criminals (Arizona)
  11. Struthersfan

Favorite HS FB stadium?

Sykotyk, Great photos. Especially the Stone Castle. Reminds me of my recent trip to Dubrovnik, with all the cobblestone. Here's a few from a rather new stadium near me, Tahquitz HS. Great facility, ho-hum football usually:
  12. Struthersfan

I kinda liked that grandstand on the home side. Not too many stadiums had anything like that. Visitor bleachers were pretty rough. The new stadium is really nice now.
  13. Struthersfan

Saw my team play there a few years ago. I saw exactly what you describe. An awful, old, run-down stadium. Rained part of the night and became a quagmire. Definitely could use a complete makeover.
  14. Struthersfan

Looking at the map, for that size school ...... it looks pretty darn nice.
  15. Struthersfan

Jefferson out of the NE8 starting 2023.

Here are some photos I took when it looked like the stadium was close to finished. The home stands are immense. However, the visitor side does look smaller than Liberty's. The numbers at SR do look a bit inflated, especially considering the size of the visitor stands. (JMO)