Recent content by raising4daughters

1. R

The OHSAA should be worried

I don't know much about the MAC schools, just their record for success. Given their rural location, is it fair for me to assume they have a tougher time drawing from a wide area?
  2. R

A Simple Solution To The Competitive Balance Issue

I WOULD likely include Massillon, Toledo CC, and Ursuline in the group that has a structural competitive advantage because they can and do draw from a large area. Totally different model than a closed-enrollment community district. I don't think that's cheating, just a different landscape...
  3. R

For me, CB should be about "leveling the playing field" before the players take the field. I cannot speak for how the elite programs become elite. For those doing with hard work, tradition, good coaching, district support, there's no reason to punish them for being better provided some biased...
  4. R

1. Then push them up an extra division rather than arbitrarily pushing to D1. 2. Doesn't smell nearly as bad since the MAC schools draw from a fixed district. TCC draws from multiple states; hence the joke that Watterson would have also been Michigan State Champ had they beaten TCC. 3. So...
  5. R

I'm a die-hard Republican but dbags like you guarantee we'll forever be a minority party.
  6. R

You are probably correct that 75-90% will never be competitive. At a minimum, it's at least 50%. I think the question is whether there's bias in the system that prevents some from EVER being competitive. That point leads to, initially, breaking the teams into divisions based on size since...
  7. R

DIV Glenville vs Archbishop Alter Updates (12/02/23)

I thought this was the Glenville - Alter update thread. Can you guys who want to discuss Marion Local go away?
  8. R

DVII Marion Local vs Dalton Updates (12/02/23)

Lots of respect for schools like Avon and Marion Local that do it with entirely or mainly with homegrown talent.
  9. R

Bingo. Or, if CB>50% of male population, go to D1.
  10. R

Regular season matchups you'd like to see!

I spit my coffee on the screen when I read this one. Well done!
  11. R

If the same teams are winning all the state titles but have no real unfair advantage other than a better program and coaching, then what's the problem? Take Mentor, Kirtland, Marion Local, and Avon for example. They're always good and there's nothing preventing other publics from building up...
  12. R

DII State Semifinal: Akron Hoban vs. Avon

Do you expect a lot of Massillon posts?
  13. R

Avon/Chardon vs. Hoban/TCC

I think there was a thread about D2/R6 lamenting Westlake's high seeding that somehow became about Massillon.
  14. R

DIV State Semifinal: Canton South vs. Cleveland Glenville

Marshon Lattimore will be guest coin tosser.