Recent content by psycho_dad

1. P

Rather than vowing to make sure Sandy Hook wouldn't happen again....

Oh, so it's the police that took away his gun. He was a policeman was he not? Those moron police and their anti gun culture. Taking away guns. Yeah, for Civilians. Ex Navy Seals, and police and Special Forces teach civilian self defense classes and that is what they teach. Entire different...
  2. P

No, that's how self defense classes are taught by bad Navy Seals and Special Forces Dudes and Police officers. Unreal that people that advocate guns guns guns have no clue about self defense classes and what is taught.
  3. P

I support improving the police. Certainly not against paying for police. Should probably make a lot more than they do compared to other professions.
  4. P

Did he have a gun? Did he save his wife?
  5. P

Awareness. Confidence / Assertiveness. Verbal skills. Psychological skills. Physical skills. Training with weapons or things that can be used as a weapon. Avoidance and being able to remove yourself from situations is very important.
  6. P

It's fine that you don't want to educate yourself. You are not interested in actual self defense. What that response tells me is that you have not seriously looked into self defense for your wife. You can ask "what is more effective than a 9mm to the sternum", but that is so rare as to be...
  7. P

Because bullets come out of them and can kill people. But he did have a gun? Others on the scene also had guns? Doesn't seem like having a gun was a 100% effective thing. DID HE USE THE GUN TO SAVE HIS WIFE? NO! Sorry, I would have gone in no matter what and died trying.
  8. P

Who exactly is saying that police should not have appropriate weapons? And why is this an example of why you should arm yourself? He was armed was he not? What exactly did that do for him or his wife? Were the elementary kids supposed to be armed? Were the teachers supposed to be armed? Took...
  9. P

Sorry, Did not mean to ignore a question. Don't remember seeing it, but I'll answer. Again, the being afraid is the issue. I'm sorry if your wife feels afraid. "Research on the subject found that victims use guns to defend themselves in less than one percent of contact crimes, and that the rate...
  10. P

All your points are at least a hundred years obsolete. People own guns because they are afraid of other people with guns. Not as a check on the Federal Government. There is a standing Army. A standing Army that is bigger and badder every single minute of every single day of ever single year...
  11. P

Yeah, by a vote of 5-4. 200 years later. When State Militias are no longer a thing. Obsolete. They had also ruled years before that Abortion is also a right. Things can change. You know what was meant by the 2A. You know Militia was in there for a reason.
  12. P

So, what is reasonable? The problem is that NOTHING is reasonable to republicans. You come up with reasonable regulations and I'll listen. I have no problem with that. I do not own guns. I am from a military family. No one in my family that has been in the military has guns once out of the...
  13. P

So, why is " well regulated Militia" in the 2A? It was there for a reason. It does not say that there cannot be gun laws. It does not say there can't be any regulations or stipulations. It's outdated and the supreme court said as much in 2008. All of a sudden you guys are OK with reasonable...
  14. P

It's not misinterpreted by me. You served in the US Military in one of it's branches. You did not serve in the Ohio Militia, or any other state Militia. The US army, Navy, Marines etc... "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep...
  15. P

You prove the point that You have guns to protect yourself from people with guns. PERIOD! You are afraid. Irrationally afraid. You are not apart of a well regulated militia. We have a professional army. The purpose of the 2nd amendment is lost on you. But you don't believe others have to be...