Recent content by NewOldBlood

1. N

Would you like a travel ball tournament with 7 inning games?

I agree with that, I guess that's the point where I think it can become bush league. But like I said, I don't see a mound visit or a pitching change as that big of a deal and I would never encourage playing the clock game with 8 or 10 minutes left. You get down to those last 2 or 3 minutes, I...
  2. N

I can't say I don't care about winning and losing in travel ball, but we're in agreement on the school teams. I care way more about wins and losses and personal success in school ball than I ever did about travel ball. My daughter is currently playing in college and I swear some of those close...
  3. N

I've said this before, but in travel softball, when there is a clock it is part of the game and I see nothing wrong with it being used as a coaching strategy. I've been on both ends of the spectrum and I've been angry at coaches for stalling and I've also encouraged our coach to stall...
  4. N

What Movies Did You Watch in August 2022?

Horrible Bosses (2011) 6/8 Not sure why I've never seen this, but I thought it was really good. Great cast, plenty of laughs especially in the last 30-40 minutes. And Jenifer Aniston...WOW total smoke show in this one!
  5. N

Pete Rose

I grew up with a guy that was lucky enough to play a very small amount in the majors but attended spring training as a left handed reliever for 5 or 6 years before injuries forced him out of baseball. We talked about Rose and his banishment once and he said on the first day of spring training...
  6. N

what is the best way for a young person to establish good credit?

My wife and I are doing this exact thing for our daughter in college. Great advice.
  7. N

2022 Southwestern Buckeye League

I was referring to Badin, meaning I'm curious to see where Monroe is compared to them.
  8. N

Prey (2022) 5.5/8 I'm not rating it as high as PantherProud, but it was pretty good. I would say it is my second favorite in the series. Uncharted (2022) 3/8 Thought this was a bit disappointing with both Mark Wahlberg and Tom Holland in it. I've never played the video game it is based on, so...
  9. N

I was at the Monroe scrimmage Saturday and I thought they looked solid. They need to improve on D a little, specifically against the pass. Offensively, they were moving the ball at will and had very few negative plays. They had a couple of turnovers early (in the first ten plays) but after...
  10. N

Lightyear (2022) 2/8 The premise of the movie was pretty cool. This was suppose to be the movie that made the Buzz Lightyear action figures the hottest selling toys back in 1995. It was Andy's favorite movie. Beyond that, minus the robot cat, it was pretty bad.
  11. N

Plan on watching this tonight! Preview looks really good.
  12. N

I think the question mark for them right now is offensive line. If they can piece together a solid line, I personally think they are the team to beat in the SWBL this year. Mullins is doing a great job IMO of building the program and if he hangs around I see them being a force in the league...
  13. N

From what I hear, he is in the rotation at OLB but they are pretty deep at that position. He's going to take a beating on offense, long term not sure how much having him play defense helps them.
  14. N

Numbers are up at Monroe. Big sophomore and freshman classes. I'm hearing in the 70-80 range 9-12. Playing a full freshman schedule as well as JV.
  15. N

I get what you're saying, but what Middletown lacks in DI and the GMC is size up front. They still have the athletes. They have a DI recruit starting at RB this season and a young QB that will likely go DI as an athlete. DI players in the SWBL are few and far between. The size issue would be...