Recent content by MyNameIsDoug?

1. M

Club 2022-2023

And this is a problem and why, if possible, club needs to try and make things more affordable. There could be kids or families who want to play that could potentially be good or better players from public schools or other, smaller private schools, but they're priced out from an early age so they...
  2. M

Are you a true West Sider??

No doubt. Just a rough bar that seems to attract rough people
  3. M

Are you a true West Sider??

Main Entrance is a cesspool
  4. M

2023 HS Season

Season dates released by the OHSAA. Schools with newer or brand new teams look like they could potentially run into problems with basketball, especially if new programs are trying to get basketball guys to play. Basketball regional tournament is March 6-11 and the state tournament is March...
  5. M

2022 Elder Football

Have to imagine that, right now, the extra Covid year is playing a big part too. You've got guys whose draft stock isn't where they want it getting an extra year to improve on that and some probably taking the extra year just to hang on to playing again. Those high school numbers will probably...
  6. M

2023 HS Season

Sorry, didn't mean in terms of physical overlap. Meant in regards to becoming sports that athletes are being told they MUST play year round to be successful in
  7. M

2023 HS Season

Soccer and basketball, probably baseball to some degree as well.
  8. M

2023 HS Season

It seems that boys volleyball players often don’t play anything else which is peculiar. But there’s plenty of crossover between kids that play football, basketball and baseball. I just don’t want to see volleyball go the way of soccer and have the “it’s this or that, not both” mentality.
  9. M

2023 HS Season

Sure, if that’s what your goal is. But, in my opinion, goals for coaches, club directors, athletic directors, etc. should be to get kids to love the game and to grow the game from the lowest level possible all the way to 18s/Varsity. What do club directors get out of placing high in Open? An ego...
  10. M

2023 HS Season

The bolded part is what I'm afraid of club becoming. In Ohio, at least, I don't think most kids playing club are in it for that sort of thing. I think a lot use it as a means to get better and develop for their high school teams and because they simply love playing. Of course, that doesn't mean...
  11. M

The Lord of the Rings: Rings of Power

Godamm you're a lol
  12. M

2023 HS Season

Dang, only 23/24 years old presumably, based on graduation year. Could be there for a long time.
  13. M

2022 Elder Football

Mark didn't have the arm strength or athleticism (usually one or the other can do the trick) to play D1. Still had a very, very successful D2 career.
  14. M

2022 HS season

It's not the fact that you're using the eye test, but you're literally talking about how short someone can hit a ball. That's not the argument you think it is when it comes to evaluating how good a player is or isn't or comparing two players lol
  15. M

2022 Elder Volleyball

Not sure, to be honest. Probably a safe assumption.