Recent content by Just a dad

1. J

Federal League 2021-22

Debevec must have heard he was on the "hot seat" as they focused the offense on the big last night. ;-) Good thing Yappi is here to help out! Take a bow. Full disclosure: I think I have dropped some line up and strategy comments from time to time as well so I'm including myself in this tongue...
  2. J

Jackson Football Head Coach Stepping Down

1) True, point taken 2) I don't think he's on the bench for Xs and Os purposes, there are 8 coaches on the varsity bench, I think his coaching responsibilities may lie in more off the court/life skills expertise rather than on the court Xs and Os, of which they have more depth 3) I'm not saying...
  3. J

Everyone has opinion, the statement and specific term used was 'spearheaded', with an inference he had an intent to influence an outcome. That's a pretty bold charge to make in a forum like this anonymously. My point was not whether or not any opinions were shared, I have no idea either way...
  4. J

Seems kind of wrong headed to allege influence by the boosters, and call out a guy who’s kids aren’t even in the program. What self serving interest would he have to do such a thing? Same with basketball. I’ve seen guys be very involved and financially supportive of the program when their kids...
  5. J

McKinley/Glenoak Safety Issues?

We can start by prioritizing the importance of nuclear families and fathers, at the national level and in the media. The problems that arise from single parent homes didn’t happen overnight but the priorities from politicians have been anything but focusing on the restoration of the nuclear...
  6. J

You seem to have easy answers and a deep understanding of what it’s like to be a suburbanite, with their cushy lives and all. I’ll go first. Fix the family, with engaged and loving fathers, and I like the chances of a lot of the social ills we throw trillions at, treating symptoms not root...
  7. J

Federal League 2021-22

This sounds like a 'sources say' type of story to stir the pot. Smoke and fire around the program? Do tell. These aren't long term, guaranteed contracts. If the Board wants to get rid of any coach, it's a pretty easy process regardless of what the coach wants or not. You won't find too many...
  8. J

Didn't say it was the worst place ever, you're deflecting. Facts are what they are with respect to the youth tournament experience. You attempted to slough off the seriousness of the reasons why McKinley and GlenOak took the position they did with the game and then insulted 'suburbanite's for...
  9. J

It’s not the diversity that’s the problem, it’s the lack of parenting, emotional control, self accountability and respectfulness. Those things aren’t genetic, they’re taught and reinforced, in spite of how difficult they may be. Back in the day, every year at a large local youth tournament...
  10. J

Federal League 2021-22

Agree. The goofy thing is those players each think they're being slept on. One shoots, maybe, 38% from the field (in high school no less), one gets an overwhelming majority of his buckets within two feet of the hoop and can't shoot outside, and one is an outside shooter (with so-so shooting...
  11. J

Federal League 2021-22

Jackson's issue in a nutshell: - 3 guards dominate shooting - guessing take 65-70% of the shots - collectively probably shoot 40%ish from the floor - collectively probably shoot 30%ish from 3 - collectively have an assist to turnover ratio well below 1.0 It's doesn't get any more complicated...
  12. J

Federal League 2021-22

The Lake kid is but one component to the overall issue but he's primarily an outside shooter with poor mechanics, yet still one of the best ones they have. Like every school district in every sport, if you have team oriented parents, your chances of having cohesive and hard playing teams...
  13. J

Federal League 2021-22

It seems the coach’s body language indicates frustration with the team. Will be interesting to see tactics moving forward. One option is to insert whoever they think is the best facilitator in the HS program at PG and let them work through growing pains heading into tournament. They also have no...
  14. J

Federal League 2021-22

Disagree. Not comparing the talent between the teams but the style of play. KY could have attempted to one on one his way to many more shots than he did but he didn't. Each player had a role that they played well and were comfortable/content in playing. The collective efforts of that group...
  15. J

Federal League 2021-22

I think we're in agreement actually. My point, if you're referring to assist/TO and assist/FGM, is that those metrics tend to show teams that have efficient ball movement (e.g. passing the ball to the 'right' open shooter or into the post when match ups/skill level translate into a high...