Recent content by JBaller

1. J

Centerville vs Fairmont

Literally one ref made every call. That was the problem. A few hand checks were called, but then it was largely let go. A couple of the traveling calls I didn’t think were traveling. Same guy making every call.
  2. J

Centerville vs Fairmont

I think Centerville will roll against Fairfield if they can make any shots. Fairfield is more talented than Fairmont, but they don’t execute anywhere near the level Fairmont does.
  3. J

Centerville vs Fairmont

I thought the officiating was bad in the Fairfield-Wayne game too. Such a shame for this level of the tournament.
  4. J

Centerville vs Fairmont

It’s a shame for game that was that good. Fairmont was great. Centerville played a C game, but made some huge plays down the stretch.
  5. J

Centerville vs Fairmont

Officials blew the ending. How do they not grant Fairmont a timeout? There were 2 seconds left. What a clown show of officiating in that game. The bald ref was the worst ref I’ve ever seen.
  6. J

Dayton D1 Tournament..... no one talking?

For PG it is. There’s a lot of 6-0 tall guys that can shoot and dribble. Can they create separation? Can they explode enough to finish at the rim?
  7. J

Centerville vs Fairmont

Bald ref wants to be the star instead of the Centerville big 3 or Anthony Johnson.
  8. J

Quickness is usually the biggest differentiator to play D1. Johnson has it.
  9. J

I think he’s a better player at this point than someone like, say CJ Fleming, who just scored 27 points in a D1 conference title game last night. Overall athletic ability, ball handling, and shooting ability is definitely good enough for D1.
  10. J

GMC 21-22 Basketball

They were 1-13 in the GMC last year. They scheduled this year to get wins. I don’t think they were expecting to be this good. I would look for a couple GCL and GWOC non-conference games next year. Unfortunately, they’re locked into playing Milford again.
  11. J

I’m confident that will change. There are plenty of players who get late offers in their senior year from the lower D1 schools, particularly after a big tournament. All he’s going to have to do is send coaches this game film.
  12. J

Also, please tell me the entire MAC and Horizon leagues are knocking down Anthony Johnson’s door.
  13. J

Talk about a perfect quarter of basketball. Fairmont is playing out of their minds.
  14. J

Fairfield played about a C+ game and won by 9. Wayne has 3 really good players but are horrendous otherwise. The officiating was terrible. Fairfield is in the final 8, where their talent level probably deserves to be.