Recent content by IndianaBanana

1. IndianaBanana

Fort Recovery approves Wrestling

Not a wrestling guy, but a Fort Recovery dude, through and through. The school just approved wrestling as a new club sport next school year. With the chance of it becoming a Varsity sport after the proving years. FR's a small school that already sponsors Varsity boys and girls basketball, boys...
  2. IndianaBanana

Fort Recovery approves Wrestling

Not a wrestling guy, but a Fort Recovery dude, through and through. The school just approved wrestling as a new club sport next school year. With the chance of it becoming a Varsity sport after the proving years. FR's a small school that already sponsors Varsity boys and girls basketball, boys...
  3. IndianaBanana

Midwest Athletic Conference 2024

Looks like it's official, Fort Recovery is gonna grapple! I sincerely hope it does well. Hope it can buck the trend of lower participation amongst the student body that I mentioned prior. https://thecr.com/news/2024/apr/15/wrestling-approved/
  4. IndianaBanana

Dave who? Radiodave? Yeah that guy's DEF tapped into the goings on of FR from Rockford, IL. EDIT: Okay, so apparently he did email the superintendent. So there is validity. Here's the thing. I don't mind if we add wrestling, it's whatever to me. I know there was a Grieshop kid that wrestled...
  5. IndianaBanana

If it were up to me, they woulda been lock in for years. But I don't think so. I think we have Urbana for another year and Wayne Trace to start.
  6. IndianaBanana

Was that the same year SA went to state and Arcanum's QB left for Springfield?
  7. IndianaBanana

When it comes to the schools that directly neighbor the MAC (relatively comparable sized schools from ACAC and TEC for example) the quality of play drops off quite a bit. But maybe that's just a MAC bias. NWC and WOAC schools might be closer to their level, but I'd still would regularly pick a...
  8. IndianaBanana

MAC

FR won on a buzzer beater at the star dome. But FR is REALLY REALLY bad this year. Our boys and girls basketball programs are really down, all the way to the 7th grade level. Just look at the 119 Challenge. It’s a really neat idea where FR, SH and ML do a whole top to bottom all day matchup...
  9. IndianaBanana

Closed schools thread.

I believe so. But also add St. Paul/Sharpsburg to that list. Consolidated to Fort Recovery. The building was still used for 1st and 2nd graders for decades until the new elementary/middle school was built in 2000. And now that I'm thinking about it there was another school that we called the...
  10. IndianaBanana

>

No notes.
  11. IndianaBanana

Parkway hires Brian Schmidt as new head coach.

lol look at dave not being fast enough to post his copy+paste article thread, so he frantically scrambles to be the first reply.
  12. IndianaBanana

Programs That Need A Change

I like this idea a lot. Like, a lot a lot.
  13. IndianaBanana

There's some regret, still to this day, within the MAC to not require Anna to join fully. Originally for covering the New Knoxville hole to keep the conference at 10 teams in all sports. Anna is still kinda seen as the red-headed stepchild to many.
  14. IndianaBanana

If the MAC didn't let Fort Recovery or New Bremen venture to other conferences for football only, they won't let Parkway. All in or all out was the options given to those schools during their rock bottoms. Even though, Parkway's seems to be worse, the MAC isn't wanting to play the joint custody...
  15. IndianaBanana

Yup. As also stated in the last years thread, the Parkway community is more content with waving the MAC flag and beating their chest as a founding member than looking for self improvement within a more comparable conference like the NWC. Though, most girls sports and some boys sports compete...