Recent content by Heelinohio

1. Heelinohio

Pickerington North

Playing each other brings out the absolute worst coaching on both sides... Ultra-conservative, take-no-chances offenses. I generally root for PC, but seeing them lose to North last year was so satisfying (and a learning experience - hopefully - for PC). North's putrid offense literally did...
  2. Heelinohio

Pickerington North

PN will likely be a powerful team next year, but until they can 'consistently' beat PC they need to chill... QB needs to get beyond soph 'potential' and actually become a playmaker. Coaches didn't trust him last season - despite him being (allegedly) a Div 1 prospect. The Panthers do lose a...
  3. Heelinohio

The technical foul - Africentric/OG video

I don't know Zach personally, but his "270 Hoops" website is head and shoulders above anything else I've seen wrt Ohio high school basketball. I have zero problems with his faith or religious beliefs since I don't know his story. Most of us have been through some rough patches in life, and when...
  4. Heelinohio

Centerville vs Pickerington Central-Div I final

I would not be at all surprised to see another Pick Central - Centerville match-up again next year. PC will be absolutely loaded again, although Styles will be impossible to replace. I wonder how good he'd be if he strictly played basketball? Last thing, Central Ohio basketball was really...
  5. Heelinohio

Agree! I hated having to make the drive to Dayton from Pickerington, but the UD Arena is ideal for the state championships. Love the atmosphere - lots of prime seating in an intimate setting. I was disappointed by the relatively small PC turnout, but tipping off at 8:30 on a Sunday night is not...
  6. Heelinohio

PC definitely EARNED this championship. Their athleticism and defensive intensity were incredible. Styles wasn't great on offense tonight, but MAN... on D he was totally intimidating! You can tell Cupps is a special player, but PC put the clamps down on him tonight. PC's guards were the unsung...
  7. Heelinohio

Saturday, March 19 Semi-Final Scores

I imagine the crowd for Pick Central vs. Centerville will be much more impressive. Once we got the second high school in Pickerington, the "community" support for sports went away. I support both Pick North and Central but I'm the exception (I think). My son played at Central and daughter at...
  8. Heelinohio

Centerville vs St. Ignatius - D1 Semifinal

"Columbus" wanted it... Ohio State Univ didn't... OSU has the only decent facility in central ohio, but they've used Covid as their excuse not to host OHSAA bball. The Columbus Region played its semis and final at Ohio Dominican Univ. in an 1,800 seat arena. There were parents who could not get...
  9. Heelinohio

Centerville vs St. Ignatius - D1 Semifinal

"Columbus" wanted it... Ohio State Univ didn't... OSU has the only decent facility in central ohio, but they've used Covid as their excuse not to host OHSAA bball. The Columbus Region played its semis and final at Ohio Dominican Univ. in an 1,800 seat arena. There were parents who could not get...
  10. Heelinohio

Central Ohio DI

Can't wait for Gahanna @ PN! Sean Jones will obviously be the best player on the court, but the Lions may also have the second and third best players as well. That said, PN can beat them... I've been to several PN games and I must say the Panthers are totally 'unimpressive' when they run out of...
  11. Heelinohio

Pick Central - Africentric Venue???

The Pick Central schedule on Twitter just says "Away". For all of the previous games played at neutral sites, the specific location is shown. Where do you see Saturday's games listed as neutral. I'm heading to Africentric HS on Saturday unless i see otherwise.
  12. Heelinohio

Buying Tickets at the Door

I attempted to go to the Groveport at Pick Central game last week and they would not take my cash... so I left. I asked why not and the lady at the gate said she didn't know why... She also said they WERE taking cash at the concession stand. PC won by 35 so I guess I was better off in the end...
  13. Heelinohio

Region 3 Championship: Pickerington Central (12-1) vs. Upper Arlington (13-0)

Excellent analysis! PC did 'try' to schedule up to offset the awful Buckeye Division games. Unfortunately, North Allegheny and Elder were down this this. Elder did try to pass the ball downfield but their o-line wasn't able to keep the pocket safe. NA also attempted to run a diverse offense, but...
  14. Heelinohio

Pickerington Central vs Pickerington North - THE REMATCH

PC's QB is not as awful as he appears (I hope!). He looks like Tom Brady trying to run an option-type offense. He's a drop-back passer who never actually gets to throw a pass from the pocket. Having him roll out and force the ball into the flats has been a recipe for disaster... At this point...
  15. Heelinohio

Regional Final Host Stadium Prognostications

Gahanna's stadium is much nicer and more convenient.