Recent content by Falcon11

1. F

2021 State Tournament Results

I'm biased to the South region, but I think you could make a case that the 4 best teams in D1 all played at Princeton last night, and two don't get to go to state. If St X and Walnut were in different regions, they probabaly would be favored to make the final 4. St. X is obvious, and that's...
  2. F

That's great to hear! From what I could tell, Walnut Hills brought more people to Princeton than Moeller. It's awesome to see that kind of support for a young program, and great to see people getting involved/invested outside of the traditional "powers".
  3. F

There are only 6 teams still left in the South among D1 and D2? Unless you're counting West teams in D2...
  4. F

Welp... Blew that one. I'm sticking to my upset pick of LaSalle over Badin, though. I'll take Fenwick over Carroll.
  5. F

Loveland is a solid team, too. A lot of years a team of that caliber is the #4 in the South. They were scrappy, athletic, and ran a very fast, balanced offense from what I saw. Walnut had some close games/matches with them in the regular season, but the result never really seemed in doubt as...
  6. F

Alter vs Carroll is probabaly the game of the night... I'm going to go with Alter
  7. F

Interesting stuff in the East, with some "chaos" as many predicted beacsue of the parody. Divison I East #1 - 6 seed Thomas Worthington makes its way to a regional final after consecutive quallity wins over Darby and Gahanna Lincoln where they will take on 1 seed Olentangy Liberty. East #2 - 7...
  8. F

GCL Player of the year?

I know this is a joke or only half-serious post, but if you're so upset, talk to Anitra. The coach picks the order for the nominations. Looks like she had him 5th on her list. Probabaly becasue he's not a Senior, whereas the other 4 she nominated were. The other coaches probably voted more for...
  9. F

Website says Thomas Worthington beat Darby. Weird to see Darby out so soon.
  10. F

Elder Enrollment Strategy

I'd challenge you to step outside of your normal social circles if you think that incident, four years ago or not, doesn't still affect the way people think about Elder. The Elder community has moved past it. But when a minority student has a decision between Elder and another school, and his...
  11. F

Elder Enrollment Strategy

Agreed. And the racist cheering section destroyed much of the goodwill that had been built up in the area. People on social media who were not connected with Elder were absolutely DRAGGING Elder and the whole situation. If that's all you hear in your community regarding Elder, you don't even...
  12. F

Tournament discussion/predictions?

Yeah, the Elite tournament was also day after Moeller's prom. I'm guessing that wasn't their best ball of the season. And yeah, really sucks to be in the south region this year in D1 - 4 of the top 5 teams from this week's ranking reside there. Would have been nice to see them all at state...
  13. F

GCL Player of the year?

me neither... perhaps they think someone was snubbed? If JJ won alsoGCL player of the year when it's only 3 coaches voting, it's hard to see any bias.
  14. F

GCL Player of the year?

All depends on what players the coaches nominate, and probabaly what recomenndation they have for them, and whether or not some coaches decide to stay for the player voting. Also, there's always some politics involved, I'm sure.
  15. F

GCL Player of the year?

I think it probably is JJ. Random thought- when was the last time (if ever?) LaSalle had a GCL POY?