Recent content by Falcon11

1. F

2022 HS season

A separate league exists for the rest of the catholic schools - typically Moe feeders like SMOY, Susanna, Columban, etc. St X benefits from drawing from across the area getting kids from all over.
  2. F

2022 HS season

Feeder schools for Elder, Moeller and St X (and LaSalle to some degree as well) start boys volleyball in 3rd-4th grade. So even though club opportunities exist in other areas, Cincinnati kids have the ability to start playing pretty young. I would guess this has a pretty big long term affect. I...
  3. F

2022 Nationals

I'd hope a Toledo area club, a stronger Cleveland presence (the best Cleveland kids have been leaving in the past few years), I think you'll see another decent club in Columbus join Vanguard and A2. I think OP could get a bit stronger again since they seem to do better with North/East side kids...
  4. F

2023 HS Season

I think they have no choice but go to the youth movement, but as you all have said, that's not typical of Tierney. However, his son being one of the younger guys could help sway him. I also agree that Harvey could be OH2 even without Samuels returning. Looks to be tough for them compared to what...
  5. F

2023 HS Season

I could see DiNardo setting as well, with Swift at Libero. If they can just set a semi-consistent outside and pipe ball, the drop off may not be too bad. Wheatley and Tombragel can do a lot in S/R and defensively to get balls up, if the setter can just get the balls back to them they'll still be...
  6. F

2023 HS Season

Scary looking for Elder.
  7. F

2023 HS Season

I think it depends. There have been some newer schools to get relevant pretty quickly. Matters more about the coaching, development, recruiting, etc.
  8. F

2023 HS Season

I was trying to think of LaSalle alumni, but can’t come up with any who are currently coaching. This kind of brings up an interesting point, though. All these schools adding MVB hopefully, but who’s going to coach? Already seems like coaches are hard to come by for some programs. Also, the...
  9. F

2022 HS season

Agreed, I was impressed by their Soph. group!
  10. F

2022 HS season

DeSales would be my early pick as well. They return all starters expect one OH and the Libero. Led by a 6'6+ setter and some pretty good size middles with a solid but undersized OH, they should be set up for a run at a title.
  11. F

2022 HS season

I would hope that means a new BVB program at Little Miami when he gets there as well. Little Miami adding would give the ECC a solid group of teams: Walnut, Loveland, Milford, West Clermont, Lebanon (all currently have programs) Then I've heard rumors of Turpin and Anderson adding as well. If LM...
  12. F

2022 Nationals

Oh yeah. Forgot about him, that helps significantly. I’d assume Schwallie or Downs will play Halverson’s back row then and maybe they’ll play some situational OH to rest Maune.
  13. F

2022 Nationals

I think he may still have to play MB for them. Zech from Lakota East didn't play the high school season so not sure he can play at nationals either.
  14. F

2022 HS season

St X returns a strong core as well. Meyer, Pung, Tressler all at OH/OPP and Jones and Terrell in the middle. Stewart returns at libero. Tran at setter. Also a lot of strong sophomores to add in the mix.
  15. F

2022 Regional All Stars

Another poster said Walnut's coach didn't send in stats for the all state voting, so many voters/coaches probably skipped Walnut players since they didn't have stats. Also helps explain how Wheatley fell to 2nd team all state.