Recent content by ex_dc_atc

1. ex_dc_atc

OHC 2021

Whenever I hear conferences looking at expansion, realignment, teams leaving, etc., I always look to the MAC. I love their scheduling format. It allows for some scheduling relief for lesser teams, but also provides an additional OOC game for everyone. In many ways, I think it helps the...
  2. ex_dc_atc

2021 Southwestern Buckeye League

This has gotten to the extent that filling the staff has become a challenge as well. I believe they were at only 4 assistant coaches for quite some time, not sure where they stand currently. VV's schedule and division alignment benefits them. I'll agree, those three OOC games will tell a...
  3. ex_dc_atc

A lot of this will depend on the OOC outcomes for the individual teams and the league as a whole. I feel like the SWBL puts 3-5 teams in the playoffs most years. I would expect that number to be 4-6 teams if the OOC games go well. I agree, a 5-5 record should get you in consideration in DIV...
  4. ex_dc_atc

Dayton Thursday Night Lights will be back in 2021.

Week 2: Fort Loramie vs. Versailles McComb vs. Marion Local Fort Frye vs. St. Henry Preble Shawnee vs. Tri-Village Anna @ Brookville Cin. Oak Hills vs. Coldwater Covington vs. Mechaniscsburg Greeneview vs. Waynesville Carlisle vs. Miami East West Jefferson vs. Paint Valley Middletown Madison vs...
  5. ex_dc_atc

Just for the fun of it, lets list some of the better games that we could see each week. We'll go with vamps as well, not necessarily all big names, but also simply competitive games. Dayton and surrounding area, so we'll extend up into the MAC, etc. Week 1: Ansonia vs. Riverside Minster vs...
  6. ex_dc_atc

Simply put, Bellbrook not only has the most coming back, but they also have the consistency of their staff. Solid football programs are breaking in new coaching staffs like Franklin, Valley View, Madison, and Waynesville.
  7. ex_dc_atc

Yes, and they could really build this up if they looked for some of the better matchups each week. No offense, but some of the possible games listed above wouldn't garner much attention with the exception of Alter vs. Fairmont. The Miami Valley and beyond offers some great football, especially...
  8. ex_dc_atc

The thing about Brookville is that they typically don't have a large following on here so we don't hear a great deal about them. They also remind me of MU in that they can fluctuate from a 6-4 team to a 9-1 team year to year. Some years Brookville will produce a strong team, others they don't...
  9. ex_dc_atc

2021 Inaugural Season: Three Rivers Conference

Wow, that's a big difference.
  10. ex_dc_atc

Thanks, I actually knew that game was on the schedule due to you guys at MU.
  11. ex_dc_atc

I think there are a lot of unknowns currently with VV. New coaching staff, new system, and when I say new, it's a complete overhaul. So until you see it on the field, I think it's hard to feel great about it. They'll lose some good weapons from last year's team including their QB. The...
  12. ex_dc_atc

It has more to do that we're still in the offseason here on the football thread. Things pick back up in content in August. Until then, it'll be a wide array of random posts from time to time.
  13. ex_dc_atc

There's no question that is true. There are quality soccer clubs in the area like Cincinnati United as well. That has also helped the growth of soccer at the youth level on up.
  14. ex_dc_atc

I can't imagine this is an ideal scenario for VV in football. This season, with a new coach, it'll be fine. But long term, I agree, not ideal. I also can't imagine Waynesville loves their position either. It's my understanding that in other SWBL sports, they won't split into divisions. I...
  15. ex_dc_atc

Warren County Soccer Academy is now Kings Hammer North

What's the anticipation for the current WCSA teams now that they move forward as Kings Hammer North? Will many of the families still send players to tryouts, or will the be looking at other local options? I guess I'm curious how the current players/families respond to this change.