Recent content by Elder+Xavier

1. E

Week 7: Trinity

Varsity had two OL coaches last year. Neither are coaching OL this year. Fleetwood is only returner with starter experience and he started because Renneker tore his ACL. More than any group, OL has to play as one unit. They have to trust the person to their left and right to read the...
  2. E

Week 6: Elder

There may some truth in this comment. X probably missed opportunities to develop top backups with a little more balanced practice, play, and instruction time. They work so hard to develop the 1's that the "next men up" may not get the attention they need. The gap between the last starter and...
  3. E

I think you are putting too much on the coaching. The 2020 team had several all-decade seniors and a very strong junior class. The 2021 team had that class as seniors but they were not deep. Any injury subs struggled. This senior class has very little playing experience and seems to be...
  4. E

Yes Hilvert graduated in 1989. He played on 88 Elder team.
  5. E

Correct. Elder 1988 team was first GCL team to beat Moe in 17 years or something like that. And then beat Moe again in playoffs before Jonny Mattress Vikings were too much. Elder 1989 was undefeated until first round playoff loss to Moe.
  6. E

Late 80's teams. Jeff Weber is old.
  7. E

Week 3: Olentangy Liberty

The 2020 team started 1-2 and was losing at half to Elder. They won that second half at the Pit then 10 more including a dominating state title game. That team was YOUNG with only 5 senior starters. The OL averaged about 250. They were dominating offensively until the quarterfinals them...
  8. E

2021 Division I Poll Voting Discussion (Final)

Ignore the losses for a moment. Who had the best wins in D1? Moe over Eds. Iggy over X. X over Lakota West. Pick North over Pick Central. Miamisburg over Springfield. Other???
  9. E

Division 1, R4 Thread

I never took the time to learn the Harbin math. I'm not complaining, just noting that D1 R4 is odd right now. Has it ever happened before that a 3 loss team that finished 3rd in their league won the region? To the Harbin experts, if Lakota West vs Hamilton had not been canceled and assuming...
  10. E

Division 1, R4 Thread

Moe is 3rd in GCL and 1st in region. Odd turn of events.
  11. E

Senior week

Many of us enjoy or suffer through the week to week performance of the Bombers. This week is a good time to reflect and celebrate with our seniors. The current senior class is defending state champs. They are back to back GCL champs. This includes winning the GCL by an unheard of combined...
  12. E

Division I Football Poll - Week 9 (10/18/21)

Four undefeated left with a chance to finish with an iconic season. Probably 4-8 other teams that can go on a run and win state. All regular season losses are forgiven if you end up with a ring.
  13. E

2021 Football Opponent Results

One interesting fact. Outside of the losses to St. X, our first 6 opponents are 22-8 for a .733 winning percentage.
  14. E

Cincinnati GMC vs GCL

LaSalle vs IMG is listed as unreported on GCL website.
  15. E

Cincinnati GMC vs GCL

I wonder if GMC coaches will vote Lakota West, Lakota East, and Colerain 1-3 like last year?