Recent content by DRB84

1. D

Benedictine Basketball 2023

We struggle against everybody. Lol
  2. D

2024 Benedictine Football

Congratulations to the Hockey and Wrestling programs. Nice to have some good news. I believe one of the better wrestlers is Maloney, he was one of the Football teams running backs.
  3. D

Sounds like a plan! Find 2 or 3 for the Basketball team, then maybe find 8 or 10 that can play varsity FB immediately. LOL.
  4. D

Just a few years ago, when Rob was coach, we competed with these teams very well. I was at games when we beat Iggy, and took Garfield, and Mentor down to the wire.
  5. D

I think a some people based their optimism going into this year because of that big upset over Holy Name in last years tournament. While still a nice win, I was told the Namers were missing 2 key starters for that game, including their big man. If true, that explains it.
  6. D

You could have fooled me. So basically what your saying is, none of the head coaches,and their staffs,are out there hustling for talent, seeing that all the teams have losing records. If that is the case, changes need to be made.
  7. D

Not surprised. When I questioned the direction of the football program, I was accused of being negative, and not " A man of Benedictine". There is no reason a school with our history, should be so down in athletics.
  8. D

Why is that? Same as in football, either the coach, and his staff can't attract the "horses", or the people running the school aren't providing the resources, and backing the coaches, to bring in the "horses". Probably a little of both. But, I would bet more on the latter.
  9. D

Rob, in my opinion,had the 2nd best coaching run after coach Novak. Took the team to a final 4, and his teams were competitive with just about anyone. He had a down year in his last year, then left. But, overall his teams were good.
  10. D

I believe a good coach starts making an impact by the 3rd year. As mentioned before, only 5 guys play in Basketball, unlike 22 in Football. A lot easier. Their not attracting difference makers to the program. Doubt another year will change things.
  11. D

The Basketball program has been hurting for 3 or 4 years now. Nothing new.
  12. D

I agree. By the third year, the program should start taking a step forward, not getting blown out at home by a team with a 1-4 record. Basketball is much easier to turn around then Football. 1 or 2 solid players can give you an above average team.
  13. D

2024 Benedictine Football

Lake was probably the nearest to being a rival to Benedictine, since the old Latin closed. Some great games.
  14. D

Saturday, December 16 Final Scores

Benedictine 57 Shaw 46
  15. D

Tuesday, December 12 Final Scores

Benedictine 58 Lake Cath. 56