Recent content by D4fan

1. D

Israel ~ Hamas War Saga

We get what we deserve when we put two 80 year olds up as leaders of our nation. They are anything but the best and brightest we have to offer.
  2. D

Battle for Control of the U.S. Senate

Sometimes ignoring something will make it go away. I'm sure I could find a five tool first teamer out there somewhere, but the candidates are few.
  3. D

Troy Memorial Getting Turf

Well that explains how a small town business in New Carlisle landed the contract to outfit all those True Green trucks for years. Always figured there had to be a geographical reason.
  4. D

Harris Vows administration will cancel student loan debt.

I get the idea of your point here, but the selling of the house idea generally doesn't result in capital gains so long as you have lived there 3 of the last 5 years. You can show a capital gain up to $500k without tax. Having seen my parents benefit from inflation during the 70-80's while...
  5. D

McSurley out at Clinton Massie

If they needed $400 for academic reasons probably would take a month to raise.
  6. D

Inflation and it's impact on Insurance

That seems pretty close to the increased numerical value in housing. Homes that were $250,000 are now $350,000. Prices are not spiking and then going back to where we were, they are here to stay.
  7. D

Mens Ncaa Basketball tournament..... semi's and finals not on CBS

Gotta disagree. I only get a couple streaming services, an NFL package streamed, and public channels via an antenna. I don't feel poor? But I didn't really miss not seeing them either.
  8. D

Extreme Caution

I think nearly everyone has some thing in life that they wrestle with from an anxiety standpoint. My wife loves storms, and never thinks or worries about their destructive power, but put something benign like an eclipse in the sky and she comes home with cases of bottled water, dried food and...
  9. D

Total Solar Eclipse 2024

I surprised myself as I had seen several partial eclipses and thought I would just casually observe this one. A partial vs a total are two entirely different events. I was in awe at the speed at which the sun disappeared and then came back. Had my appropriate Beatles song ready for the...
  10. D

2024 Three Rivers conference

Twenty years ago many in Bethel township were trying to figure out how to make a three way divide of the district into Huber, Tipp and Miami East. There were about 40 students in a few grade levels and the district was trending down in population from a high in 1978 to the low in 2007 or 2008...
  11. D

2024 Three Rivers conference

As Yappi himself has pointed out many times over the years, numbers alone are a very poor way to determine competitive ability. Totally agree Bethel is filled with peoples from cultures that play soccer and little else. Central Americans, Turkish and several other Baltic regions as well as...
  12. D

Schools to make state finals in Basketball and Football in the same year

That was pretty impressive on the basketball side. Pretty small team size wise, but they could shoot the three. I've always felt they were a broken wrist away from winning state.
  13. D

What's behind Centerville's fourth straight state tournament

I'm a conservative traditionalist when it comes to my preference of how a team should look. But facts are stubborn things, and facts are today with all the AAU influence on the best programs, quality coaching and quality transfers are going to be required to win at the big school level...
  14. D

Who wins D4?

Seriously doubt it. They are more likely to win D6 or D1 if they decide to move up. I personally am thinking D6.
  15. D

Squatters

So, you paid property taxes all those years I presume? Carried liability insurance? Seems the largest "mistake" was not having a current lease in place. Did the other party pay "rent" regularly all those years? The only situation I have been advised of by my attorney is where a trade of...