Recent content by cincifbfan

1. C

2024 Elder Football

Yes, quite a bit, which is another reason why it's dumb now.
  2. C

2024 Elder Football

I agree. It's dumb now.
  3. C

2024 GCYL League Discussion

That's the only thing that matters to the administrators and decision makers.
  4. C

Couldn't agree more. But the Archdiocese doesn't care about the parishioners inside it's borders in any way.
  5. C

It allows for pooling of resources and fundraising within the families. There would also be fewer volunteers needed overall. Which is why I said when Beacons was announced that athletics was eventually going to be headed in that direction. Every school is needing volunteers. Every sport needs...
  6. C

The only priest I have ever seen at any sporting event is Fr. Ben at OLV shows up from time to time to be visible. I have never seen a priest show up to tournaments that are held, championship games, school plays, or any other type of competition involving their students. It's really quite sad.
  7. C

Interesting thoughts. I really think this is inevitable. How long? Who knows. But I think it does happen. Looking at GCYL website, it says St. Als on the River is with St. Antoninus along with St. Teresa. And St. John HArrison currently plays with the huge conglomeration of St. James
  8. C

Fair enough. Unfortunately, I think there's going to be many more issues like this. The league definitely needs overhauling, especially with all the issues mentioned repeatedly on here. Beacons has seriously screwed everything up and it's going to get worse.
  9. C

So it sounds like chaos associated with Beacons is starting to mess with athletics if I'm understanding the comments about St. A?
  10. C

McSurley out at Clinton Massie

Cool idea. I've never met anyone that's done something like this.
  11. C

In what regard? I think you are the naive one saying people don't need both parents to work and that schools are indoctrinating kids and homeschooling is the way to go. I've never met a home schooled person that wasn't socially awkward and honestly completely clueless about how the world...
  12. C

They don't choose more expensive things, things just are more expensive. Life, groceries demand that my wife and I both work, and I make good money. I have zero debt except for my mortgage. But there is no way we could make it without my wife working. Feeding 3 boys makes our grocery bill...
  13. C

1. 90% of the population cannot afford to homeschool because both parents must work full time. So, even by your logic, yes you need WAY more money to have quality schooling through homeschooling. 2. Even a larger percentage of the population is nowhere near qualified to teach their own...
  14. C

Wow, I didn't think that was happening.
  15. C

So what equals a better education?