Recent content by ccalum2

1. C

What is wrong with GMC Boys Cross-Country?

I just saw the GMC boys results, and that gap is stunning. Mason is incredibly good, and it's right at the time some of the other teams have bottomed out. Mason had 19 of the top 26 finishers in the league. If Mason had entered only its freshmen in the varsity race, they still would have won. If...
  2. C

Streaks of consecutive top 10 finishes at state

I was in high school 100 years ago (late 80s), and we certainly couldn't match Ignatius' 15-year streak of top 10s. But it's amazing the innate confidence you run with when you stand on the shoulders of your predecessors' success. My school's run thru the 1980s of fifth, first, fifth, second...
  3. C

USATF Outdoor Championships

First-day results involving Dayton-area athletes at Dayton Daily News link below. Not sure why link is showing up weird for me ... https://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/usa-track-and-field-national-championships-four-area-athletes-advance/DGKUMMFUEJD7RJWOUT67WZ52ZQ/
  4. C

Your thoughts on the 2021 OHSAA Track and Field Championship?

If you're thinking about the greatest state meet performances in history, it would be really hard to pick someone other than Dayton Dunbar's Chris Nelloms in 1990. He won the 110 hurdles in 13.67, then won the 400 in 45.59, then won the 200 in 20.47, then anchored the winning 4x4 (3:16)...
  5. C

Best District 2021 performance?

So, am I right that the D1 Boys SW regional 3200 has Agnew 9:05, Zegarski 9:08, Ford 9:09, Bohrer 9:10, Cronk 9:10 and Mountain?