Recent content by 1SG RET

1. 1

Coldest playoff game you've attended

1978- Cincinnati Princeton vs. Berea in the AAA State Championship at Dayton's Welcome stadium. I can't remember what the actual temperature was but the wind blowing off that water was very cold.
  2. 1

Coldest playoff game you've attended

Did you mean the 2015 and 2016 State final games at the Shoe? It was very cold.
  3. 1

DIV State Semifinal: Steubenville vs. Kettering Alter

McNick will be no comparison to Alter. Hartley destroyed them this year! Steubenville will beat up on McNick. This game will not be a good measuring stick for Steubenville.
  4. 1

DIV State Semifinal: Steubenville vs. Kettering Alter

That was an awful game to watch! I can't even count all the unsportsmanlike penalties that were called against Steubenville. I am really disappointed in the way the Steubenville players acted. I am more disappointed that coach Reno didn't step in and start snatching players off the field. He is...
  5. 1

DIII State Final: Toledo Central Catholic vs Bishop Watterson

Watterson is a really good football team but this week they are playing a totally different animal in TCC. TCC is big on the offensive and defensive lines, and they also have excellent skill position players. They are probably one of the top 5 teams in the state regardless of division. I also...
  6. 1

Region 15: #1 Steubenville vs #2 Thornville Sheridan

All I am saying is that Steubenville didn't play a great game and escaped with a win. If they play like that against Alter, they will probably lose. I stand by what I said about the Hartley/Sheridan game. The better overall team didn't win that night. I want you to have this same energy after...
  7. 1

Region 15: #1 Steubenville vs #2 Thornville Sheridan

I agree! Sheridan had 2 chances before the last series to get at least 3 points each time. They chose to go for it on 4th down and missed both times. If they had got those 6 points with field goals, all they had to do was go down the field on the last series and get in field goal range to win...
  8. 1

Region 4: Lakota West vs #5 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller

I do believe when the touchdown was called back, the score was only 12-7 West. I said that play changed the momentum of the game and could change a team's season. I didn't say it cost Princeton the game!
  9. 1

Region 4: Lakota West vs #5 Cincinnati Archbishop Moeller

I agree with John Doe. I was at the game. You and I were watching the game through 2 different lenses. That wasn't a block in the back on the Princeton player. That was clearly a touchdown that was called back. That play clearly changed the momentum of the game. I also see that you think the...
  10. 1

Regional Semifinals: Bishop Hartley (10-2) vs Sheridan (11-1)

This was a game between to really good football teams. From what I saw the difference in the game for Hartley was the interception thrown for a touchdown in the 1st quarter, the muffed punt inside of their own 5-yard line, and the fumbled snap inside the 5-yard line late in the 4th quarter. You...
  11. 1

I will agree with you that the officiating has been awful this year but that doesn't change my mind over the last 10 years or so.
  12. 1

These 2 teams know each other well. I believe Hartley beat them in the 2nd round of the playoffs a couple of years ago. Should be a good game!
  13. 1

Division 3 Region 11: Bellefontaine vs Granville

I don't believe that is true! Because you beat a higher seed, you don't assume that seed. You are still the same seed that you came into the playoffs with. Granville is still the higher seed at #3. If this is true, that Bell is the lower seed, then things have changed from the way it used to be.
  14. 1

Lack of crowd cause of Ticket Price?

How about playing playoff games on Friday and Saturday nights like it used to be? You will probably get more people to come out to games instead of playing on Fridays only. There are people out there who would definitely go to games on both nights. This is all on the OHSAA.
  15. 1

Hartley should win this game because I don't see their defense giving up 28 points to Sheridan. However, I do agree that they are the most undiscipline Private school that I have ever seen, and I am not just talking about just this year! This has been going on for years! I have been following...