D7 R25 2024

Need to run the QB more. Could have beat Dalton if they went to more QB designed runs. It killed the bulldogs multiple times throughout the season and Lucas had success with it - I believe there was a 30ish yard TD run by the QB late in the game....it was there the whole game they just didn't realize it.
QB run got us over the hump vs Prep in the '19 state semi. This year, our QB may be undersized. He will be fast as all get out,
but may not be able to handle the wear and tear of running between the tackles. It'll be interesting to see who lines up under
center this year. IMO, multiple QBs could be used.

Last edited:
R27 should be on notice.
I honestly believe even with graduating 14 seniors will still be a threat. That region was down right awful last year. Even if we was in it and won it, we still would've got killed by Dalton but at least a program who's been there before would've put a better fight up than Caldwell. Once divisions and regions come out will know the clear favorites and pretenders.

Dalton may as well not play next season. We should forfeit every game. Everyone on here already says we are going to stink with a new coach.
😂😂 nah Dial first year was 7-4 so Leek first year can be good too. I haven't said anything about the hire, next year or 0-10. One thing I'm nervous about is the Cambridge defense last year gave up 517 points which averaged out to nearly 52 points a game.
I know southeastern Ohio is known for their high level football but regardless that lack of defense is concerning👀👀👀.

Dalton may as well not play next season. We should forfeit every game. Everyone on here already says we are going to stink with a new coach.
Spongebob Squarepants Worlds Smallest Violin GIF

Totally understand why you would feel this way, but you have to admit the Dial episode . . . y'all are going to have to wear that for awhile. Maybe there's details those of us on the outside are missing, but NOT a good look.

😂😂 nah Dial first year was 7-4 so Leek first year can be good too. I haven't said anything about the hire, next year or 0-10. One thing I'm nervous about is the Cambridge defense last year gave up 517 points which averaged out to nearly 52 points a game.
I know southeastern Ohio is known for their high level football but regardless that lack of defense is concerning👀👀👀.
I had to go look at their schedule. Holy crap. Will give them a pass on St. Clairsville and Indian Valley butt kickings, but wow. They weren't even competitive in 9/10 games.

I had to go look at their schedule. Holy crap. Will give them a pass on St. Clairsville and Indian Valley butt kickings, but wow. They weren't even competitive in 9/10 games.
So you got me curious. Go back and look at how many games they won against teams that finished with a winning record in the 4 years he was there. (hint - it's not a lot)

I understand where you're coming from - it's not been a good off-season and everyone is piling on. But facts are facts:

-you graduated a ton
-you're replacing the QB
-WCAL POY at RB/LB
-replacing arguably the best coach in program history (he is)
-you're bumping back to D6
-MS teams were atrocious last year, so the talent well is entering a dry period
-you hired a coach with a mediocre lifetime record coming off an 0-10 season
-you start the season off with an extremely difficult schedule that could very easily leave you 0-3

Now - that's not to say there aren't positives. You do still have some nice pieces coming back (Tomlinson, Wenger etc), and I think most people are optimistic about the younger Hignight at QB.

It's just that there is a lot this team will be up against - and I don't think anyone has all the details, but it sure feels like a resolution was available to keep Dial and they just flat out chose not to. So however this season goes, it's kind of a "ya made the bed" situation.....

People put to much stock into jr. high football. I can name a few coaches who have had a losing record and turned the careers around. Yes we graduated a lot but we also have a lot coming back. We just don't know until the season comes.
I understand where you're coming from - it's not been a good off-season and everyone is piling on. But facts are facts:

-you graduated a ton
-you're replacing the QB
-WCAL POY at RB/LB
-replacing arguably the best coach in program history (he is)
-you're bumping back to D6
-MS teams were atrocious last year, so the talent well is entering a dry period
-you hired a coach with a mediocre lifetime record coming off an 0-10 season
-you start the season off with an extremely difficult schedule that could very easily leave you 0-3

Now - that's not to say there aren't positives. You do still have some nice pieces coming back (Tomlinson, Wenger etc), and I think most people are optimistic about the younger Hignight at QB.

It's just that there is a lot this team will be up against - and I don't think anyone has all the details, but it sure feels like a resolution was available to keep Dial and they just flat out chose not to. So however this season goes, it's kind of a "ya made the bed" situation.....

People put to much stock into jr. high football. I can name a few coaches who have had a losing record and turned the careers around. Yes we graduated a lot but we also have a lot coming back. We just don't know until the season comes.
For sure - but you're hoping that the stars align and ALL those issues work themselves out. My point is, and I think you recognize it, is that it's a long list of things stacking up against the Bulldogs this season - a season that should have had a ton of positive momentum coming off a historic season for the program. But here we are.

TBH - if the season ends up being a let down, I won't be on here saying "I told you so".....I'll be on here kicking and screaming about messing up this off-season and not finding common ground with Dial. It will be anger driving those posts, won't be gloating.

It will be anger driving those posts, won't be gloating.
That's fine. There will be plenty of gloating to go around.
There is definitely a lot of things that people on the outside doesn't know. I will say both parties are at fault.
Figured as much. But, it's not like the guy went to jail. He left and took another job literally 3 miles away. So either Tuslaw just tolerates anyone (possible) or Dalton is a tough community to get along with (also possible)
Generally the case in situations like this. Most adults forget how to adult.
NAILED IT!

That's fine. There will be plenty of gloating to go around.

Figured as much. But, it's not like the guy went to jail. He left and took another job literally 3 miles away. So either Tuslaw just tolerates anyone (possible) or Dalton is a tough community to get along with (also possible)

NAILED IT!
Since Ben Holt left Dalton - What is the longest tenure for a boys basketball coach? Has anyone made it 3 seasons since then?! I'm legitimately trying to remember....

I understand all of the doubts coming into next season for my Dogs. I like being doubted and having talent at the same time. Let's Go Dogs!