The Lakota West Firebirds 2023-2024 Thread

I’m hearing Bolden will not be hiring an offensive coordinator for this upcoming season. This means he’ll be taking control of the offense himself.

I’m hearing Bolden will not be hiring an offensive coordinator for this upcoming season. This means he’ll be taking control of the offense himself.
I wonder if that means you could more triple option incorporated into the offense which would mean Wiles would be the front runner for QB as he should be anyway. They did run a little bit of it in Bolden’s first 2 years at West.

I wonder if that means you could more triple option incorporated into the offense which would mean Wiles would be the front runner for QB as he should be anyway. They did run a little bit of it in Bolden’s first 2 years at West.
Bolden has abandoned the triple option. I expect the offense to be molded around Gilbert and Johnson.

Triple option isn't something you can run a little of or just sprinkle in. It's either your offensive identity or it's not.
I see where you’re coming from but there are plenty of spread teams that use triple option concepts still. For example, Princeton’s offense this past season.

I see where you’re coming from but there are plenty of spread teams that use triple option concepts still. For example, Princeton’s offense this past season.
I didn't see Princeton this year. What do you mean by triple option concepts? Blocking schemes? Certain reads?

That is not a good thing then to rely on just those 2 guys. Neither has been counted on thus far. Gilbert seems to be a blocking threat while johnson is good hes young

That is not a good thing then to rely on just those 2 guys. Neither has been counted on thus far. Gilbert seems to be a blocking threat while johnson is good hes young
I think Johnson will have a monstrous season. I’m just hoping Gilbert can play to his potential in his final season. Trey Barnette will be a guy who will have a breakout year as well. But realistically those are the weapons on the offense this year. In the back half of last season they molded the offense around Johnson, why would they not do it from the start this year? And he’s no longer “Young”. He’ll be entering his junior year. He’s now considered an upperclassman.

Last edited:
I think Johnson will have a monstrous season. I’m just hoping Gilbert can play to his potential in his final season. Trey Barnette will be a guy who will have a breakout year as well. But realistically those are the weapons on the offense this year. In the back half of last season they molded the offense around Johnson, why would they not do it from the start this year? And he’s no longer “Young”. He’ll be entering his junior year. He’s now considered an upperclassman.
When you say you hope Gilbert can play to his "potential" his final season what are you speaking about specifically? Are you talking about touchdowns? Blocking? He has never been a score type of kid, but that could be because he was used a certain way in a certain type of offensive scheme not conducive for his skillset. He has a ton of "potential" as you said and is a 4 **** athlete, which means he can obviously be a difference maker.

When you say you hope Gilbert can play to his "potential" his final season what are you speaking about specifically? Are you talking about touchdowns? Blocking? He has never been a score type of kid, but that could be because he was used a certain way in a certain type of offensive scheme not conducive for his skillset. He has a ton of "potential" as you said and is a 4 **** athlete, which means he can obviously be a difference maker.
Great blocker. Good kid. Strengths blocking weakness catching and toughness. Cant teach size though

West is working hard in the off season. Preparing to get whacked again by a GCL-S team in the Regional final. Lets face it, until Bolden and the district hires a coordinator that can develop a passing game they are forever destined to max out at a 12 game season. GBM 💪 🏈

West is working hard in the off season. Preparing to get whacked again by a GCL-S team in the Regional final. Let’s face it, until Bolden and the district hires a coordinator that can develop a passing game they are forever destined to max out at a 12 game season. GBM 💪 🏈
Max out at a 12 game season? They haven’t played less than 12 games since the Covid year.

I mean as a receiving threat. Kids a two sport athlete and the athleticism is definitely there to be able to be a blocking addition as well as a receiving threat. However, he hasn’t been able to put that “4 star” ability on display yet. Perhaps that’s partially because of how he was utilized. But I remember in the preseason they would line him out at receiver and try to create favorable matchups for him in the passing game and it failed.

Hello, Olympiums, most of the kids know that you are Grants dad, but Firehawk the belief is that you are Sam's dad.
Is that correct?
I do see that a lot of your posts are promoting or defending Sam so it makes sense.
While 100% know that Olympiums is Mr. Baerman only about 80% know that you are Mr. Wiles. Can you clarify to put this to bed?

Hello, Olympiums, most of the kids know that you are Grants dad, but Firehawk the belief is that you are Sam's dad.
Is that correct?
I do see that a lot of your posts are promoting or defending Sam so it makes sense.
While 100% know that Olympiums is Mr. Baerman only about 80% know that you are Mr. Wiles. Can you clarify to put this to bed?
I am not Sam’s dad. I can assure you of that. I have been around way before that. Kids have been out of school for awhile now. Do know a few of the current players and parents. Basically a fan still supporting the team and like everyone else would like to see them take the next step. I am guessing you think I am Wiles dad because you read the posts where I think he should be the starter going into next season in camp. I will stand by that based on the way he played last year. It should in my opinion be his job to lose. But it will all sort itself out in time. The team has had dominate defenses the last 3 years and have stalled at the regional final the last 3. In 21 they had the better team then Moeller they gave the game away with basically 2 dropped TD passes and a fumble at their own 5 which gave Moeller a short 5 yard field to go for a TD which they did punch in for the TD. In 22 Moeller was clearly better their o line pushed the d line all over the field. Last year I think Moeller was obviously better to but if West had been better on offense it could’ve been a lot closer. Wiles certainly has his faults and wasn’t and isn’t perfect and can improve a lot. But he was clearly a better option then Smith was last year. Again whether or not that’s the case this year coming up we will see. It depends on how each plays and improves.

Is that correct?
Hello, BirdBall. Though I admire your attempted investigation skills and random theory on my personal identity, I can assure you that I am not Grant's dad. Nothing I have said in this forum could even lead to this presumption on your end. I have spoken highly of Beerman, as such I did Davis, Minich, Flores, Remy, Wiles, Johnson, and many of the other players last season.
Though I began posting and closely following the team this past season, I have been around Yappi for years. I began following Lakota West during the Larry Cox era.
Since you have such a good idea of who the "kids beliefs" are, I ask you the same question you asked me... Whose dad are you?

I am not Sam’s dad. I can assure you of that. I have been around way before that. Kids have been out of school for awhile now. Do know a few of the current players and parents. Basically a fan still supporting the team and like everyone else would like to see them take the next step. I am guessing you think I am Wiles dad because you read the posts where I think he should be the starter going into next season in camp. I will stand by that based on the way he played last year. It should in my opinion be his job to lose. But it will all sort itself out in time. The team has had dominate defenses the last 3 years and have stalled at the regional final the last 3. In 21 they had the better team then Moeller they gave the game away with basically 2 dropped TD passes and a fumble at their own 5 which gave Moeller a short 5 yard field to go for a TD which they did punch in for the TD. In 22 Moeller was clearly better their o line pushed the d line all over the field. Last year I think Moeller was obviously better to but if West had been better on offense it could’ve been a lot closer. Wiles certainly has his faults and wasn’t and isn’t perfect and can improve a lot. But he was clearly a better option then Smith was last year. Again whether or not that’s the case this year coming up we will see. It depends on how each plays and improves.
Yes, he chooses to ignore the part where it says you joined in 2006. Not even sure if Sam was born yet.

Hello, BirdBall. Though I admire your attempted investigation skills and random theory on my personal identity, I can assure you that I am not Grant's dad. Nothing I have said in this forum could even lead to this presumption on your end. I have spoken highly of Beerman, as such I did Davis, Minich, Flores, Remy, Wiles, Johnson, and many of the other players last season.
Though I began posting and closely following the team this past season, I have been around Yappi for years. I began following Lakota West during the Larry Cox era.
Since you have such a good idea of who the "kids beliefs" are, I ask you the same question you asked me... Whose dad are you?
Sincwho the "kids beliefs" are, I ask you the same question you asked me... Whose dad are you?
Earlier in the season you explained what you saw at a practice in detail. The only people not part of the team at practice that day were you and Dai Dai's mom. And we all know you are not Dai Dai's mom. She is very public, positive, and vocal with her support of the team. No one else could have reported the details of the practice unless you are secretly a coach. You are not as good at being covert as you think. It is in bad taste to mention players by name on here in a negative way. Especially knowing that the players know about this page and frequently visit the page. How do you think it makes a player feel to see how they are being called out by an adult by name online. Do better. You may not realize the negative impact this can have on the team chemistry.

On a separate note…

What’s next for this Lakota West Offense? Does Bolden take over? Does he bring in another outside guy? Maybe an old time Colerain assistant from the past.

With my experience of non triple-option Bolden-ran offenses, it’d be best if he resorts to bringing in someone else.

Last edited:
2024-2025 Lakota West Starting Roster at a Glance:
QB:
Jackson Smith**, Sam Wiles*
RB: Braydon Johnson*, Kenyon Norman
TE: Luka Gilbert*, Jack Barela
WR: Trey Barnette*, Reece Mason, (???)
OT: Christian O'Neal*, Jacob Tillery*
OG: Carson Stanley*, Rogan McKinley
C: Logan Gray*
----------------------------
DL: Judah King, Cole Munday, (???)
ILB: Micah Markley*, Grant Beerman*
OLB: Cam Thomas*, Nate Huggins
CB: (???)
S: Finn Mason*, Joel Drake
P: Joel Marquardt
K: ???

*= Returning Starter

Based on my own evaluation and prediction based on performance/PT last season.

Last edited:
2024-2025 Lakota West Starting Roster at a Glance:
QB:
Jackson Smith**, Sam Wiles*
RB: Braydon Johnson*, Kenyon Norman
TE: Luka Gilbert*, Jack Barela
WR: Trey Barnette*, Reece Mason, (???)
OT: Christian O'Neal*, Jacob Tillery*
OG: Carson Stanley*, Leondare Jordan
C: Logan Gray*
DL: Judah King, Cole Munday, (???)
ILB: Micah Markley*, Grant Beerman*
OLB: Cam Thomas*, Nate Huggins
CB: (???)
S: Finn Mason, Joel Drake
P: Joel Marquardt
K: ???

*= Returning Starter

Based on my own evaluation and prediction based on performance/PT last season.
Yikes