D7 R25 2024

So I heard a new rumor in regards to Dial. I was told he was given the ol' "you resign or we non-renew" you for letting Jones stay in the game with a fractured leg.
When the news came out about his resignation - I had a conversation with someone who would definitely know if this sort of ultimatum was given. That person was completely shocked at the resignation. So I don't believe this rumor at all.

So I heard a new rumor in regards to Dial. I was told he was given the ol' "you resign or we non-renew" you for letting Jones stay in the game with a fractured leg. Something about a former basketball coach who was let go for the same thing years ago. Heard anything like that? @BobBBaulzack ?
I do remember a poster a few months back talking about how tough these kids were for staying in the game with a broken leg. The poster deleted post based on the blowback. I have a hard time believing a head coach would knowingly keep a kid with a broken leg in the game. I question how he would know unless the bone was literally sticking out, and if it was, how on Earth would playing that kid give him any benefit than a backup. It smells a bit fishy.

So I heard a new rumor in regards to Dial. I was told he was given the ol' "you resign or we non-renew" you for letting Jones stay in the game with a fractured leg. Something about a former basketball coach who was let go for the same thing years ago. Heard anything like that? @BobBBaulzack ?
Wasn't "years ago"...was this season. It was a multiple offense type situation tho.....completely different.

I do remember a poster a few months back talking about how tough these kids were for staying in the game with a broken leg. The poster deleted post based on the blowback. I have a hard time believing a head coach would knowingly keep a kid with a broken leg in the game. I question how he would know unless the bone was literally sticking out, and if it was, how on Earth would playing that kid give him any benefit than a backup. It smells a bit fishy.
Oh I agree with you. No coach is knowingly leaving a kid in with a broken leg. Or anything broken.

That's not true. He didn't know it was broke for sure until a couple days after the game.

The ONLY reason Jones was in the game after breaking his leg was because he wanted to be in the game and did not want to come out. No one knew his leg was broken until after the game. The coaches allowed him to try to play, upon realizing that he could barely move - they removed him from the game for good. I heard rumors that the parents complained about it, or at the very least the administration was upset about it - probably because of the stuff that had happened the year before with the basketball team. But I don't believe for a second that Coach Dial was given an ultimatum.

We are so accepting to outsiders in this thread....poor East Palestine guy gave us a 4 page day but @dnis30 derailed him with train jokes.
EP1.png

Ton of different stories out there but I think it's safe to say this isn't true at all.

So....today's weather gave me a thought. Since Dalton is moving to the Air Raid, are they the new Lowellville since weather will affect their passing game now? discuss....
I may not be repping them anymore - but you can't throw this kind of slander at the Bulldogs. Now, if they start serving soup in the concession stand - no holds will be barred....

I think it is a fair discussion. They too have their own concession stand staple with the roasted chicken....I didn't even think of that parallel.
Meh, screw it! I don't like the hire or have much faith in him being super successful. If if had to make a prediction on it, I don't think he'll be in Dalton all that long, so lay it on'em.....especially if he's trying to throw it all over the place. Shoot, the Dalton faithful were restless at times the last couple years because they've had absolute studs at RB and thought Dial was airing it out too much in games. Assuming Tomlinson doesn't do something to get me real excited, he needs to touch the ball 30 times a game next year for the Bulldogs

Meh, screw it! I don't like the hire or have much faith in him being super successful. If if had to make a prediction on it, I don't think he'll be in Dalton all that long, so lay it on'em.....especially if he's trying to throw it all over the place. Shoot, the Dalton faithful were restless at times the last couple years because they've had absolute studs at RB and thought Dial was airing it out too much in games. Assuming Tomlinson doesn't do something to get me real excited, he needs to touch the ball 30 times a game next year for the Bulldogs
Sharlto Copley The Unabomber GIF by Madman Films

😂

cillian murphy thomas shelby GIF

Now, does Dalton have a young QB coming up who can sling it? Or at least get the ball to Wenger, Tomlinson and Russell and let them cook? If he does decide to be more balanced than he's been at Mapleton and Cambridge, you have Tomlinson, Wenger, and Rider to tote the rock.

Now, does Dalton have a young QB coming up who can sling it? Or at least get the ball to Wenger, Tomlinson and Russell and let them cook? If he does decide to be more balanced than he's been at Mapleton and Cambridge, you have Tomlinson, Wenger, and Rider to tote the rock.
If I were HC at Dalton, and they had no viable QB option, Tomlinson would get Jeb Grover volume.

If I were HC at Dalton, and they had no viable QB option, Tomlinson would get Jeb Grover volume.
Truth, but Tomlinson isn't built like Jeb. Now on the bright side, thanks to Siders, he doesn't have the volume that Jeb had going into his Sr. Year either.