OHSAA Why would you schedule Boys and Girls tournament games on the same day?

Again so Monday Thursday for girls and Tuesday Friday for boys doesn’t work? This also gives you Wed Saturday if you have location issues.

As I said before we won’t be packing the gym for a practice game.

Maybe you should move to a tight knit community since you seem to not understand what it’s about. It’s a great place to raise your kids.
"Practice game". Lol.

My tight knit community shows up even for lopsided, early tournament games. Because we actually care.

The current process works fine. Maybe focus your attention on getting your fans to ALL of the tournament games for a change.

Again, if you figure out the number of girls that play soccer and run CC at the level required for this to be a conflict you will find how ridiculous this sounds.
So just looking at the first school who was brought up earlier in the thread, it looks like OG had a few girls that both ran in CC state and had to play soccer regional final.

"Practice game". Lol.

My tight knit community shows up even for lopsided, early tournament games. Because we actually care.

The current process works fine. Maybe focus your attention on getting your fans to ALL of the tournament games for a change.
Clearly it’s an issue because we have parents that have to choose which kid to go watch when it could be fixed.

That is not a system that works fine.

Clearly it’s an issue because we have parents that have to choose which kid to go watch when it could be fixed.

That is not a system that works fine.
First, you don't have a scheduling conflict yet.

Second, if you do have a scheduling conflict let the SWDAB do their thing first before crying on yappi.

Third, I have had scheduling conflicts throughout my time as a parent and yes, sometimes you have to choose. It's called life.

Fourth, here is the link to tickets for tonight 's game. Please share with your tight knit community so those girls know they are loved.

For the girls soccer/CC issue this has happened every season for the last 4 years. (If my memory serves me correctly). I would consider that an issue.

Would there be an issue with football. Yep. Would they move it? Yep.
Should a team that has to run a state final CC have the opportunity to move their regional final soccer game? I think that would be reasonable.
Hmmm, that happens to be the same time period Waynesville has had elite female athletes that play both sports. Get out of your bubble

Hmmm, that happens to be the same time period Waynesville has had elite female athletes that play both sports. Get out of your bubble
I already mentioned OG had girls that ran state CC and played soccer this year. It appears my bubble is getting bigger. That is the first and only team I have looked at so far. So out of 24 teams that played in Regionals the first two have had the issue. We are already up to 8% of the teams.

I already mentioned OG had girls that ran state CC and played soccer this year. It appears my bubble is getting bigger. That is the first and only team I have looked at so far. So out of 24 teams that played in Regionals the first two have had the issue. We are already up to 8% of the teams.
Lol. To be fair, you need to look at the number of participants impacted not the team.

Wait....are you sending this from the fan bus going to the girls game tonight?

Lol. To be fair, you need to look at the number of participants impacted not the team.

Wait....are you sending this from the fan bus going to the girls game tonight?
Ok well we are up to 9 players so far out of two teams. Girls soccer rosters are not easy to find at some schools, but I’ll let you know what I can find.

I told you I wasn’t driving an hour to watch a practice.

From what I can gather, Goshen boys and girls are in action this very second.
examine the simpsons GIF by Fox TV

From what I can gather, Goshen boys and girls are in action this very second.
Looks like it. Too bad Goshen fans had to pick which game they could go see. Hopefully no parents were put in that unneeded situation.

Goshen has a good girls and boys team. Both games should be good ones.

Ok well we are up to 9 players so far out of two teams. Girls soccer rosters are not easy to find at some schools, but I’ll let you know what I can find.

I told you I wasn’t driving an hour to watch a practice.
So a small percentage of players. Keep up on the homework.

And it wasn't practice Skippy. It was a game.

Yep and I am asking that OHSAA doesn’t schedule 1 game the same day as a state championship.
1 game for you. On the same Saturday you want changed there are regional soccer, regional volleyball, state field hockey, state cross county. You want them all played on separate days?

I consider 9 out of 30 significant. Already 8% of the teams affected.

By the final score it was a practice skippy
I checked on OHSAA website. It was in fact a game. Too bad you don't care enough about the girls to attend even the lopsided games. Especially considering how tight knit your community really is.

Keep up on your homework assignment.

This is why this thread has lasted so long, his inability to see the scope of impact these changes have to people outside his own community bubble
So you don’t consider both the girls and boys teams playing at the same time an issue?

Let me rephrase it. If you could make it so that girls and boys basketball don’t play at the same time on the same day would you fix it? If you say no. Why not?

Also if it were possible to not have other events going on during a state championship would you do that? If you say no why not?

So you don’t consider both the girls and boys teams playing at the same time an issue?

Let me rephrase it. If you could make it so that girls and boys basketball don’t play at the same time on the same day would you fix it? If you say no. Why not?

Also if it were possible to not have other events going on during a state championship would you do that? If you say no why not?
If either of your scenarios was an issue for a significant portion of the student athletes/schools, I would look at changing it. Unfortunately for your argument, that is not the case. You continue to fail to acknowledge how insignificant this issue is.

For example, if the Waynesville girls soccer team would have lost in the district finals the majority of the people your "problem" impacts disappear.

If either of your scenarios was an issue for a significant portion of the student athletes/schools, I would look at changing it. Unfortunately for your argument, that is not the case. You continue to fail to acknowledge how insignificant this issue is.

For example, if the Waynesville girls soccer team would have lost in the district finals the majority of the people your "problem" impacts disappear.
So even though you have the ability to fix these issues you choose not to because it is not significant in your eyes. Why not just fix them if you have the ability? That’s like saying my roof leaks just a tiny bit and I could fix but I’ll just let it go.

I just don’t understand the reasoning behind not wanting to fix something like having the boys and girls not play at the same time. The Goshen fans had to choose last night. Both games went into OT. One of their best boys teams lost. Fans didn’t get to see their last game. Why wouldn’t you want to change that?

In your example if Oakwood wins their Regional semifinal in soccer we have greater majority who this would impact.

So even though you have the ability to fix these issues you choose not to because it is not significant in your eyes. Why not just fix them if you have the ability? That’s like saying my roof leaks just a tiny bit and I could fix but I’ll just let it go.

I just don’t understand the reasoning behind not wanting to fix something like having the boys and girls not play at the same time. The Goshen fans had to choose last night. Both games went into OT. One of their best boys teams lost. Fans didn’t get to see their last game. Why wouldn’t you want to change that?

In your example if Oakwood wins their Regional semifinal in soccer we have greater majority who this would impact.
Lol.