OHSAA Why would you schedule Boys and Girls tournament games on the same day?

Knight27

Our high school has a boys and girls game at the exact same time on the same day. Why are we scheduling them in the same days?

Who would you contact?

And really what can be done? They probably can’t move a tournament game to a different date

Last edited:
Who would you contact?

And really what can be done? They probably can’t move a tournament game to a different date
In the past when this has happened the hundreds of times before, they will consider playing one game earlier in the day to allow for travel. Specially if both teams are known to have large support groups and sell a lot of tickets. Like a Berlin Hiland. But some times it cannot be helped. Or they won't make changes for teams that sell 15 tickets.

Whether it’s one ticket or 100, we have parents that have kids on both team. No parent should have to choose which game to go to

This has happened before to our school. Typically, both locations have 3-4 games on that given day (district finals, regional semis...) and they work with said school to accommodate for travel from one location to the other. I think just last year, our girls district final was in Troy and boys sectional final was at Northmont. We had time to grab lunch in between games and made it to both easily.

Sure you are …. I hear that same stuff here. Rearranging games to accommodate our fans, and in reality about 100 people actually go to both. We’ve cancelled school for soccer games too and then 75 students show up ..
Well I guess your situation being one way must mean ours is the same. What would you suggest parents who have kids on both team do?

This has happened before to our school. Typically, both locations have 3-4 games on that given day (district finals, regional semis...) and they work with said school to accommodate for travel from one location to the other. I think just last year, our girls district final was in Troy and boys sectional final was at Northmont. We had time to grab lunch in between games and made it to both easily.
As it stands right now both games are slated for 7:30 at Covington and Northmont. I don’t know the travel time between the two.

As it stands right now both games are slated for 7:30 at Covington and Northmont. I don’t know the travel time between the two.
I am assuming you're talking about Waynesville? The girls have to win a game first before this potential conflict, right? If so, I doubt the SWDAB will juggle things until after that game against dunbar is played. My experience is that the SWDAB has been pretty accommodating in these situations.

You have about a 30 minute drive between the schools.

I am assuming you're talking about Waynesville? The girls have to win a game first before this potential conflict, right? If so, I doubt the SWDAB will juggle things until after that game against dunbar is played. My experience is that the SWDAB has been pretty accommodating in these situations.

You have about a 30 minute drive between the schools.
I am. Yes the girls have to win a 2 vs 21 matchup.

I get that. But why have girls and boys in the same day? All season girls games are different days then the boys
They always have because they have limited days to get 1563 games in during about a 5 week period. Many schools have both teams playing on the same day. If you are the Knights I am thinking of did you both just play on Feb 10. It does happen every year, it's nothing new.

I’m am not associated with a team called the Knights.

If there is 1563 games in 5 weeks why not use all the days of the week? Why play girls and boys both on Tuesday?

I am. Yes the girls have to win a 2 vs 21 matchup.
Well, win that matchup first and see if they adjust before you start complaining. You expecting them to juggle things before we know for sure the conflict exists is premature.

As I said, the SWDAB has been very accommodating in these situations before....even to the point of moving a girls soccer game to the same neutral venue as the boys from the same school so their fans can stay and watch both games.

Well, win that matchup first and see if they adjust before you start complaining. You expecting them to juggle things before we know for sure the conflict exists is premature.

As I said, the SWDAB has been very accommodating in these situations before....even to the point of moving a girls soccer game to the same neutral venue as the boys from the same school so their fans can stay and watch both games.
I’d assume they (SWDAB and district admins) have not made any changes in an effort to remain neutral. I’ll also add it’s extremely common for Ohio Capital Conference members to play boys and girls basketball on the same night opposite each other.