2024 Pittsburgh Steelers

I was looking in ProFootball Focus and per their site here are the grades of Steeler olinemen through week 11.

Oline:
* C Mason Cole position rank #29
* G Daniels #20
* G Seumalo #29
* T Jones #46
* T Okorafor #52
* T Moore #79
*** Former Steeler G Dotson is #1 and G Green is #44 but he is in season ending IR

Good for Dotson to realize his potential. For some reason he feel out of favor with the Steeler brass/coaching staff. Perhaps the change in scenery and/or scheme had something to do with Dotson improvement.

For next year I think the Steelers will try to upgrade at the center position
Georgia has a good one expected to go in round 2

Let’s hope. Only 3 years until Ben gets in.
Killer B's.
I think Antonio Brown and Le'veon Bell were headed for HOF careers. Def Brown. Project him out 3 or 4 more years and he ends up a top 10 WR, maybe top 5. Bell could have ended with 10,000 yds rushing and a couple 1000 receiving. No guarantee on Bell but those numbers could get him in the convo depending on what Pitt accomplished in those years.

Brown 928 catches for 12,291 yds. and 83 TDs. Mostly done in 8 yrs. He had 4-5 more productive years to play. He wasted 2019-2022.
Bell had 6554 yds rushing mostly done in 6-7 yrs. I think maybe he gets to 10,000. He was on a record setting pace with the Steelers. He wasted 2019-2022. He has publicly stated he made a mistake leaving Pitt.

Oh what could have been. I was very sad when Bell left. So stupid.

Last edited:
I was surprised Cle LT Thomas only played in 167 games but he played almost 100% of every offensive snap in those 167 games. Cle OLB Clay Matthews was very good but he didn’t have the eye popping stats (sacks, int’s) nor was on any Super Bowl teams. Hopefully someday he gets in via the veterans committee.

I think Hines Ward is a HOF’er, not necessary from a wr ‘weapons’ standpoint but as a true football player. Ward has good enough wr stats to make it. The Steeler-Ravens battles can not be told without Hines Ward. A 2X Super Bowl champ & 1 Time SB MVP. Ward was a flat out football player, never been a better blocking wr.

Love Harrison & his story but I don’t think he gets in. Harrison had perhaps the greatest defensive play in Super Bowl history - great int & return for a td
Harrison gets in on his workout videos alone.

I was looking in ProFootball Focus and per their site here are the grades of Steeler olinemen through week 11.

Oline:
* C Mason Cole position rank #29
* G Daniels #20
* G Seumalo #29
* T Jones #46
* T Okorafor #52
* T Moore #79
*** Former Steeler G Dotson is #1 and G Green is #44 but he is in season ending IR

Good for Dotson to realize his potential. For some reason he feel out of favor with the Steeler brass/coaching staff. Perhaps the change in scenery and/or scheme had something to do with Dotson improvement.

For next year I think the Steelers will try to upgrade at the center position

i have a very hard time taking PFF grade’s seriously. I trust my own eye test. I’ve watched games when it was clear that Broderick Jones was the best lineman on the field yet PFF ranked him the worst. Or see TJ vs Miles Garrett in week 2. Garrett was a complete no-show. TJ made a ton of plays yet PFF ranked Garrett better.

Their rankings are trash.

Last edited:
1st time Ive realized that AB & Hines stats are very similar. One has a halfway decent shot at the HOF. The other has no shot. There always seem to be a plethora of WRs in line for HOF consideration

1st time Ive realized that AB & Hines stats are very similar. One has a halfway decent shot at the HOF. The other has no shot. There always seem to be a plethora of WRs in line for HOF consideration
True about plethora of WRs. However if AB does not go mental he easily is top ten and prob maxes out at #5. Which would be HOF.
Career WRs Capture.PNG

El Guapo : Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?
Jefe : A what?
El Guapo : A *plethora*.
Jefe : Oh yes, you have a plethora.

Name the movie?

Hines also has 2 Super Bowl wins too. I think AB was a rookie the year we lost to the Packers in 09 but if AB doesn’t go nuts his stats are better than Hines.

So the conversation has gone quiet. Are our stillers gonna win today? I’m hoping so. Thinking 23-13 type score.
They will win but it will probably be ugly and difficult. If I’m wrong maybe they have turned the corner. I’d like to see 35-10 but more then likely 20-17.

They will win but it will probably be ugly and difficult. If I’m wrong maybe they have turned the corner. I’d like to see 35-10 but more then likely 20-17.

No guarantees in the NFL. Just this year:
* Cardinals beat Dallas
* Browns beat 49ers
* Steelers beat Ravens

Let’s just hope for continued improvement busy the offense and it’s great to see Fitzpatrick back. Steelers are pretty healthy, let’s hope that continues

No guarantees in the NFL. Just this year:
* Cardinals beat Dallas
* Browns beat 49ers
* Steelers beat Ravens

Let’s just hope for continued improvement busy the offense and it’s great to see Fitzpatrick back. Steelers are pretty healthy, let’s hope that continues
While I agree that there are no guarantees, your last two examples were playoff teams, playing at home, beating another playoff team. Need to look harder for examples to support your argument...

While I agree that there are no guarantees, your last two examples were playoff teams, playing at home, beating another playoff team. Need to look harder for examples to support your argument...

The Browns & Steelers are just as easily out of the playoffs as in, especially the browns.

Other examples:

* NYJ beat Eagles wk 6 20-14
* NE beat Bills wk 7 29-25
* Car near Houston wk 8 15-13

Should've taken the FG at the 1. Tomlin probably assumed that the D would hold them to 3 & out and get the ball gack in decent field position
Everybody knew Trubisky wasn't going to throw.

It WAS a piss poor performance. However Pittsburgh is in no way guaranteed victory over ANY team in this league regardless of record. That includes the equally QB challenged Patriots in 4 days

It honestly got to a point today where it felt like the season was falling apart. Pickett got hurt, Minkah broke his hand, Watt went out late and also losing Roberts. I swear they kept delaying the game today so we could suffer the agony much longer lol.
Welp, you can always make like a Browns fan, and start the draft talk on your local radio tonight. I feel your pain.

If you're from Lake in Stark Co OH, you can cry with Brinda on WTAM. Maybe I'll stream in and laugh. Knocking wood....

Welp, you can always make like a Browns fan, and start the draft talk on your local radio tonight. I feel your pain.

If you're from Lake in Stark Co OH, you can cry with Brinda on WTAM. Maybe I'll stream in and laugh. Knocking wood....
I’m not ready to throw in the towel yet. Still plenty of football to go.

No I went to Madison in lake county. The other blue streaks lol.

As the great "Duke" Barrett sez, "Madison - where men are men, and sheep are scared!"

Is the Wagon Wheel still the Wagon Wheel ?
Honestly I don’t know. Haven’t been out there in about 20 or so years. Been in Lorain county for the past 20 years now. I used to like getting wings up at Romans across the street from the wagon wheel.

Well, it appears Kenny Pickett is out several weeks due to ankle injury

Kenny Pickett injury update: Steelers QB to have procedure on ankle, set to miss 2-4 weeks, per report​