Massillon Tigers 2023 State Champions

Congratulations to all of Massillon. What an atmosphere for the game! Went downtown after the game and celebrated with the locals - what a night!

That Tigers defense was super impressive - I couldn’t believe the scheme they were employing, by man, did they step up again and again to get the victory!

That was a Great game to watch. Congratulations Tigers.
Question. 4 years ago I went to watch my friends son play against Massillon in 8th grade. Was Pringle the QB then and got moved to RB/LB Massillon had a bigger QB that could run. I know kids play way different positions as they get older.

That was probably McConnell, who starts at LB now. 6'2"-6'3" jr.

Congrats Tigers, what a game. It would be cool to see a list of all the D1 commits and offers that there were for each side. Seemed like the Jimmys and Joes were a lot more important than the Xs and Os last night!

Is TigerCarl still alive by chance ? I really liked that guy. I know he was older though so just curious if he got to be here for it last night.

The balls on Massillon’s d coordinator for refusing to adjust to motion and formations that gave Hoban numbers. It took until the 4th quarter for them to walk a guy up on the TE in TEtrips. The line play of both sides was fun to watch. Congrats Massillon!

Do Massillon fans root for Eds because it would make them the D2 champ that beat the D1 champ, or do they root for the public over the private ?

I thought, in watching it, there had to be close to 20k at the game
I just do not understand why the OHSAA has consistently underreported the attendance figures at these games for years now. You'd think they'd want to inflate them even if possible in order to publicize the great tradition and support for HS football in Ohio....yet they do the opposite.

And their numbers are so far off it's a joke. It has to be in order to hide revenue or something...I can't think of another reason why they'd do this.

There is a Burick out there who was still playing this year?
No I think he's at Louisville now. They were at st Thomas before. My nephew who is now a senior wrestled and played football in 7th the 9th grade, pretty sure burick was then left after 9th grade

I just do not understand why the OHSAA has consistently underreported the attendance figures at these games for years now. You'd think they'd want to inflate them even if possible in order to publicize the great tradition and support for HS football in Ohio....yet they do the opposite.

And their numbers are so far off it's a joke. It has to be in order to hide revenue or something...I can't think of another reason why they'd do this.

Has to be an error maybe they couldn't include "day of" sales before announcing but visually it was pretty full everywhere even the cheap seats.

On another thread I stated why I wanted Massillon to win even though I have no tiger in the fight. I might mention in the past when I was a little yo younger I use to go and watch all the state championship games in person in the cold and bad weather and loved it. 14 years straight at one time. Now at 78 years old I find myself sitting at home watching on TV. To be honest I was not very happy with the announcers last night. I asked myself several times did these people play for or graduate from Hoban. The announcing and praise of players and team seem to be a little one sided and not for the team that won. Great job Massillon!!!!!!
YOU SHOULD HAVE TURNED DOWN THE SOUND AND LISTENED TO WHBC WHILE YOU WATCHED THE GAME.
ASSUMING THE SOUND AND PICTURE WOULD HAVE BEEN CLOSE TO IN SYNC, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH
MORE ENJOYABLE. IF NOT, IT'S TOO BAD YOU HAD TO SUFFER THROUGH THAT. I'VE LISTENED TO ANNOUNCERS
LIKE THAT IN THE PAST AND IT ISN'T PLEASANT.