Toledo St. Francis head coach resigns halfway through season.

It depends how you look at the job.

If you are a teacher, the Otsego job is the best one. You will get paid the most and be apart of a union. In terms of football, you will get paid more at SFS as a football coach. I would also agree the potential at SFS is higher. But it comes with some stipulations. It all goes back to two things. Can the new head coach recruit year in and year out and will the admin change? I say the first one can happen, look at what Chipka did. He had them at 7-3 his last year and they beat AW in the playoffs. However, the second one most likely will not. The reality is St. Francis cares more about academics and their traditional country club sports than anything (hockey, lacrosse, baseball, swimming). In addition, most of the “active alum” won’t give money to the school anymore because the school doesn’t give money to just football they spread it out among all athletics. So all these past alums aren’t even supporting the school anymore. The last Perrysburg QB and the current one’s dad was a SFS alum who played football at SFS. He sent his kids elsewhere, that’s just one of many.

With that being said, I do think Otsego is the better job overall. You aren’t battling St. John’s and Central Catholic for kids or battling them from stealing your top ones. Plus, you play in a league where you can more than compete, community and admin will support you, and you can make deep playoff runs. They just went to the final four a few years ago.

Makes no sense to me Josh Lindke wants to go to St. Francis, the grass is not always greener. Unless he is getting ran out, which we have all heard on the NBC thread is likely.
Is he getting pushed out? People have been talking about this since early in the season. If not, I said it a long time ago on the NBC thread, I don't understand why Lindke would want to leave the Otsego job. At least this early.

Will Otsego take another step in the wrong direction next year? Is he jumping ship to not be the head of that?

The St. Francis job is better than both because of the tradition, active alum, and the easier ability to get kids from anywhere versus Scott or Otsego. Both Scott and Otsego are better because of the likely higher pay and generous STRS plan when compared to St. Francis' pay and 403(b).

St. Francis football can matter again with the right coach and some stability.
Is there any active tradition? I know they have a great history but I think any tradition is gone. They also lack alumni interest. The old SF families are all gone.

Other than that I agree that with the right person it can happen but it will have to be someone special.

Is there any active tradition? I know they have a great history but I think any tradition is gone. They also lack alumni interest. The old SF families are all gone.

Other than that I agree that with the right person it can happen but it will have to be someone special.
Tradition can be ressurected. Many old families are in the suburbs or gone from Toledo. But they still are there in spirit and they are still on the donation solicitation list.

If I had to pick, my order would probably go Lindke, Wilson, or stick with the interim guy lmao. From what I've heard, Allen was just as problematic as Woolridge in terms of what a $hitshow last season was for SFS.

I like Lindke, but to echo a previous sentiment, it makes no sense for him to jump ship from Otsego this early on. Wilson I think will be able to have more pull for CL kids, and I think he could do a lot with what SFS gives (which was a lot more than Scott had). At the very least I think either could pull together a team that could be respectable, especially if SFS drops down to the CHSL's AA level where they definitely belong for now.

As long as SFS doesn't hire another Woolridge (read: get Allen out of there), there's absolutely nowhere they can go but up. This is rock bottom.

If I had to pick, my order would probably go Lindke, Wilson, or stick with the interim guy lmao. From what I've heard, Allen was just as problematic as Woolridge in terms of what a $hitshow last season was for SFS.

I like Lindke, but to echo a previous sentiment, it makes no sense for him to jump ship from Otsego this early on. Wilson I think will be able to have more pull for CL kids, and I think he could do a lot with what SFS gives (which was a lot more than Scott had). At the very least I think either could pull together a team that could be respectable, especially if SFS drops down to the CHSL's AA level where they definitely belong for now.

As long as SFS doesn't hire another Woolridge (read: get Allen out of there), there's absolutely nowhere they can go but up. This is rock bottom.
Is there a world where Lindke and Wilson could coexist?

I like Lindke, but to echo a previous sentiment, it makes no sense for him to jump ship from Otsego this early on. Wilson I think will be able to have more pull for CL kids,
Wilson will not get city league kids that SFS would even want, away from Dempsey. The presumption is, there are draftable city league kids left after TCC is done picking, to even get. Onsey twosy maybe? Probably, there aren't. Convince me otherwise, that there are significant talents within TCL that wouldn't have already grabbed the voucher, if they were already acceptable by any of the private schools.

They need the best football coach they can get. Not the best recruiter. They have resources. They have athletically capable student body. They need someone that can coach them, motivate them, build depth of even marginal capability and call the one's and zero's. If they ARE going to recruit, their priority are the big fats with college aspirations and academics. Two deep. Not many of those coming from the TCL. They're either coming from the hall-ways or they're coming from the burbs.

Wilson will not get city league kids that SFS would even want, away from Dempsey. The presumption is, there are draftable city league kids left after TCC is done picking, to even get. Onsey twosy maybe? Probably, there aren't. Convince me otherwise, that there are significant talents within TCL that wouldn't have already grabbed the voucher, if they were already acceptable by any of the private schools.

They need the best football coach they can get. Not the best recruiter. They have resources. They have athletically capable student body. They need someone that can coach them, motivate them, build depth of even marginal capability and call the one's and zero's. If they ARE going to recruit, their priority are the big fats with college aspirations and academics. Two deep. Not many of those coming from the TCL. They're either coming from the hall-ways or they're coming from the burbs.
You are very misguided if you don’t think recruiting is the No. 1 concern at a private school, especially one that is competing with other private schools in Toledo and now in a bigger city of Detroit.

When Chipka started winning, it was because he was recruiting against central. He wasn’t always winning, but he got a fair enough to make SFS credible again. Enough for Dempsey to try and report OHSAA recruiting violations against him multiple times. He was getting kids from the burbs, correct. But he also got a fair amount from the TPS schools and mid city leagues (that’s the crucial difference). In addition, there are only a certain amount of vouchers and money each school can give. So there are kids who would get money from SFS and none from central. Most kids in a low income household will take the money. There are kids or I should say parents who value an actual school and academics like SFS compared to just a football team at Central.

Yes, getting the best coach is important. But you act like Lindke and Wilson aren’t on the same level. You go with the guy who will get you better players. Players win football games, not coaches.

Well whoever may get the job hope they have best of luck over @sfs 2-3 coaches are decent candidates, Lindke did good at otsego for the most part, but he also didn’t have who dzierwa did they had j.dzierwa, T.Leiter, D.Coon, C.Helberg, with 2 linemen M.May, and T.Hennan, that was dzierwas last year class, all who helped make playoffs and a deep run which was one of the best teams otsego had the 2020-2021 both years were really good, but last year and this have been pretty mediocre, don’t get me wrong otsego has some good athletes but maybe with not so many injuries maybe otsego could have done a bit better this year, they had about 4-5 starters out for a good amount of the season, I only know this cause I live around Eastwood area and I’m pretty cought up with the NBC, but beside the if otsego had a bit more athleticism they would be a top 3-4 team but Lindke is a very good coach, the other guy I don’t know much about but from what I heard behind the scenes there maybe some issues at Scot but again it’s what I heard may not be true
I think you are just talking to yourself at this point.

Well whoever may get the job hope they have best of luck over @sfs 2-3 coaches are decent candidates, Lindke did good at otsego for the most part, but he also didn’t have who dzierwa did they had j.dzierwa, T.Leiter, D.Coon, C.Helberg, with 2 linemen M.May, and T.Hennan, that was dzierwas last year class, all who helped make playoffs and a deep run which was one of the best teams otsego had the 2020-2021 both years were really good, but last year and this have been pretty mediocre, don’t get me wrong otsego has some good athletes but maybe with not so many injuries maybe otsego could have done a bit better this year, they had about 4-5 starters out for a good amount of the season, I only know this cause I live around Eastwood area and I’m pretty cought up with the NBC, but beside the if otsego had a bit more athleticism they would be a top 3-4 team but Lindke is a very good coach, the other guy I don’t know much about but from what I heard behind the scenes there maybe some issues at Scot but again it’s what I heard may not be true
Two weeks ago you loved to talk Lindke down every chance you could. Now you're saying you heard things about the Scott coach. Maybe you should just stick to whatever it was you were doing before you joined yappi. You're not getting a lot of credibility by secretly putting down coach after coach

I never put Lindke down watch some of his clinics and other videos out there he is a good coach never put him down, why would I? I never put down Scott coach down either I don’t even know the guy tbh, I just said I heard things arnt good over there so maybe before posting something get your facts straight, plus the lindkes/Fronks, are good people my family knows him well a buddy of mine did his wedding to so I have no reason to put him down and never did
A few weeks ago you were Baseball78 slinging all kinds of mud around. Change your sport to Football, keep the 78, and add 99 paired with the bad grammar and even worse sentence structure and now you’re buddies with he and his family.
Come on kid, at this point it just looks bad. I’m sure you’re a good kid that means well. I hope you heed my advice from earlier.

I haven’t seen anything yet I’ll keep looking, but maybe check there social medias the 3 candidates could have but it in there bio
No coach is going to change their bio if they just found out they got a new job, if they still have the old one. 🤦🏼‍♂️ Looks like the same kid created a new account again

Why is Otsego’s HC getting so much talk on this forum? Not a bad coach but damn it’s not like he’s done the things Rutherford did at Eastwood