Tippecanoe vs Celina

Stirred not Shaken

Like to see a Celina - Wapak WBL Regional Final but going with the Red Devils 24 - 14. Think the Dawgs might be a little flat after their big upset of the Rams.

It will be a lower scoring affair. Celina needs to TD’s and not field goals. They have had the tendency to get to the 25 yard line and settle for a field goal. Though this was not the case against Trotwood, it has been before.

How well can Celina's coaching staff keep their kids focused? I think that'll be half the battle. Don't get caught up in the moment or you'll look up and it's 14-0 Tipp. Tipp is really well coached and I was impressed with their qb when I watched them on Thursday night lights. Rooting for the dogs.

Tippecanoe 28
Celina 24

A win in this game would really cement Tipp's coaching staff ability if they can make it back to the regional final after losing nearly all of the top talent off of last year's final 4 team. They've already proven a lot getting this far, but another playoff win would be really impressive.

A bit surprised to see Celina as the favorite over Tippecanoe on Fantastic50. Drew has the Bulldogs by 4. Tipp is the defending regional champ after all and Celina hasn't had this much success in years. Neither team seems to have much recent success over the other's conference. Celina's last game against the MVL was 2020 when they lost to a bad Greenville team 21-20. Meanwhile, Tipp is on a very bad streak against the WBL. At least since 2000, Tipp looks like they're 0-4 against the WBL with losses in 2006 (St Marys), 2008 (St Marys), 2010 (Elida), and 2014 (Wapak). I think it's safe to say, for both teams, that Celina is nothing like their 2020 team and Tipp is in a much, much better spot as an overall athletic program compared to a 10-15 years ago.

I'm going to predict that the Tipp defense shuts down Celina and it's a ten point win for the Red Devils, but of course I'm rooting for the WBL and Bulldogs in this one.

So I have been reading a couple articles from Tipp’s game against CJ and it draws some similarities to Celina’s game against T-M. Both CJ and T-M ran for lots of yardage and both teams had a couple turnovers. One difference that sticks out big time is Tipp’s time of possession and how many plays they ran compared to Celina. Celina played a very complete game against T-M and both teams ran a similar amount of plays and had similar time of possession. Tipp and Celina should match up pretty evenly. Game will come down to who can make the least amount of mistakes and also control the clock.

Like to see a Celina - Wapak WBL Regional Final but going with the Red Devils 24 - 14. Think the Dawgs might be a little flat after their big upset of the Rams.
Though I see your point, I think it’ll actually be the opposite. This is the deepest Celina has made it in the playoffs in a very very very long time and I think that win against Trotwood is going to change the energy moving forward because they got past all of the doubt and talk and proved to themselves that they could win a big game. I also think it became a reality to them that they might actually be able to take this far. Same with the fans. I don’t think many people, even from Celina, thought they were gonna win that game, but they did.. and now there’s a lot of motivation going into this next game. I’m also sure they would love to have a chance to potentially get a rematch with Wapak after that bad loss and knock them out of the playoffs in the regional championships.

Sidney has a terrific environment and beautiful facility. Very excited for the game friday. With good weather, I expect both teams to travel fans well and have a large crowd.

How many two way players does Celina have? I would assume they’ve got a lot of guys going both ways? If so that will be a big advantage for Tipp. Especially with Tipp’s fast paced offense

How many two way players does Celina have? I would assume they’ve got a lot of guys going both ways? If so that will be a big advantage for Tipp. Especially with Tipp’s fast paced offense
Out of their 11 guys on D, they’ve probably got about 4 or 5 that consistently play both ways

Correct me if I’m wrong, but based on stats, Tipp seems to be susceptible to the run. Not that their rushing d looks horrible by any means but it seems to be a weaker point. If that’s true, Celina may expose that. They have a strong o-line and a stud named Braylon Gabes who has around 30 or more touchdowns up until this point. Looks like Tipp does though too