Week 8 Life Christian Academy

ElderHSfan02

Week 8 brings Life Christian Academy from Virginia to The PIT for Elder's final home game of the regular season. Life Christian comes in at 0-3.

Week 1 Imhotep Charter(PA) LOST 87-0
Week 2 BYE
Week 3 Good Counsel(MD) game cancelled
Week 4 BYE
Week 5 DeMatha Catholic(MD) LOST 41-3
Week 6 Mt. Zion Prep(MD) LOST 40-12
Week 7 Elder

Week 8 brings Life Christian Academy from Virginia to The PIT for Elder's final home game of the regular season. Life Christian comes in at 0-3.

Week 1 Imhotep Charter(PA) LOST 87-0
Week 2 BYE
Week 3 Good Counsel(MD) game cancelled
Week 4 BYE
Week 5 DeMatha Catholic(MD) LOST 41-3
Week 6 Mt. Zion Prep(MD) LOST 40-12
Week 7 Elder
I’m hoping no injured or dinged up players practice nor play this week.

Yeah, this is going to be bad. Similar to the Home School team they brought in a few years ago.

Last edited:
This is a game that all the starters should be on the bench by the 3rd quarter. Not really sure what anyone will get from this game,
Agreed. It’ll be nice to get the 2nd string PT, but anyone that’s not close to 100% should sit.

This team was designed to be like Clearwater Academy or McDonogh. With the recent changes by OHSAA I was unsure if this team would qualify for Harbin Points. OHSAA no longer recognizes schools that aren't recognized by their home state's sanctioning body. For example if a team from Kentucky is not recognized by the KHSAA, the OHSAA will not award Harbin points for it. When looking at VHSL.org I could not find reference to Life Christian. Last year X played them and they counted, so I must be missing something.

In 2020 we were supposed to play this team, but for some reason the game got canceled and we ended up playing at Walnut Hills.

The kicker with this team is that they have a new coach this year. The old coach was the one who made it like Clearwater Academy. When the old coach left some of the players left too. So we really don't know what type of team this is.

When I calculate Harbins, I like to use the what JoeEitel says is the minimum Harbin score (worse case scenario ) Because Life Christian is playing only 5 games in the OHSAA season and other teams have bye's or playing Canadian teams Elders final L2 divisor should be 91. This is giving Elder a current Harbin of 10.19725. If Elder did not play this game our L2 divisor would be reduced to 86. This would cause our Habin to go up 10.9199.

I will say finding scores for this team has been hard. Between them and Neumann & Goretti I have spent sometime on Google looking for scores.

Awfully quiet this week on EFB which is understandable, however this time last week this group was in the discussion on a run at state and in a tough loss it appears that the hope is lost as well. Perfect opportunity for the boys in purple rebound and get healthy for the final 3 games. We have seen this before when we have a team that has a let down like we saw regroup and hit the reset button. Here is a team that we believe was not only physically tough but mentally tough as well. In 2015 Elder got upset at home versus the same team as friday and things changed from that point on. Coaches and players made adjustments and got better and I dont see why this group cant do the same thing.

Like it or not this team is still trying to find its identity and only the players and leaders can find it and execute it. It doesn't matter who takes on the role to move forward but there better be some soul searching on responsibilities and doing their jobs. No excuses, No more not selling out every play to make a stop or make a block or make a freakin catch. Make the damn adjustments and trust your players feedback. They should know since they are the ones out there. Players play.

To the moron fans that feel its ok to scream to the field and direct comments at the coaches and players. Consider yourselves uninvited to Elder Football from here on out. Yeah the TB pass was Bush, but so was the poor judgement from adults who made a fool of themselves. Bushleague comes in many forms and yelling toward the field is cowardly.

Figure it out Elder Football, your better than last week and you know it. See you all on Friday!
Go Panthers

Awfully quiet this week on EFB which is understandable, however this time last week this group was in the discussion on a run at state and in a tough loss it appears that the hope is lost as well. Perfect opportunity for the boys in purple rebound and get healthy for the final 3 games. We have seen this before when we have a team that has a let down like we saw regroup and hit the reset button. Here is a team that we believe was not only physically tough but mentally tough as well. In 2015 Elder got upset at home versus the same team as friday and things changed from that point on. Coaches and players made adjustments and got better and I dont see why this group cant do the same thing.

Like it or not this team is still trying to find its identity and only the players and leaders can find it and execute it. It doesn't matter who takes on the role to move forward but there better be some soul searching on responsibilities and doing their jobs. No excuses, No more not selling out every play to make a stop or make a block or make a freakin catch. Make the damn adjustments and trust your players feedback. They should know since they are the ones out there. Players play.

To the moron fans that feel its ok to scream to the field and direct comments at the coaches and players. Consider yourselves uninvited to Elder Football from here on out. Yeah the TB pass was Bush, but so was the poor judgement from adults who made a fool of themselves. Bushleague comes in many forms and yelling toward the field is cowardly.

Figure it out Elder Football, your better than last week and you know it. See you all on Friday!
Go Panthers
It wasn’t me this time and I don’t think the HB was bush. If the the running clock was on at that point, yes, but Moe was clearly trying to speed up the end of the game. Elder needs to play better Defense if they don’t want that to happen.

The reality is, this team doesn’t have the skill talent to make a serious run in the playoff. They don’t have a single WR that can take the top off the D and they have no real run game outside of Brass. The D when healthy, is solid but still doesn’t have the speed needed to contain Moe, Eds, or PN. This team’s ceiling is the R4 title game unless somehow Moe drops a game they shouldn’t

Awfully quiet this week on EFB
Do you think we miss Trey?

Seriously, I agree with everything you say. This team is 5 points away from being 5 and 1. Let’s get as many healthy as possible and see where this coaching staff can take these kids. Maybe a few new schemes on defense can slow down these high powered offenses.
it was tough seeing our running quarterback hobble out for the opening series Friday.

It wasn’t me this time and I don’t think the HB was bush. If the the running clock was on at that point, yes, but Moe was clearly trying to speed up the end of the game. Elder needs to play better Defense if they don’t want that to happen.

I agree that Elder should not have given up the play, but I also think there are some unwritten rules in the GCL that the new coach didn't care about. It's over. Elder needs to focus on getting healthy at the right time for a playoff run.

Big game tonight with a lot of adversity (injuries) to overcome tonight. Play smart, play hard, play fast. Top 4 seed is the goal but the depth of this team is going to be tested the remainder of the season. Lets go Panthers.

I agree that Elder should not have given up the play, but I also think there are some unwritten rules in the GCL that the new coach didn't care about. It's over. Elder needs to focus on getting healthy at the right time for a playoff run.
Oh stop with that GCL BS, it means nothing.

How can one care about a rule of which he is unaware of?
Don’t understand the whole thing. Why would you show future opponents a halfback pass in your playbook from the best running back in the state in a 31-7 game unless you had alternative intentions. Maybe he just wanted to practice it?

Brass is not dressed, in a boot and limping.
That’s fine, rest him as long as necessary. He needs to be healthy or E has no real shot of advancing beyond Round 1. Injuries at Corner are concerning, they’re down to Uran & Beckenhaupt. TBH, they’re lucky to have a good athlete like Beckenhaupt as a backup.

Last edited:
God, imagine what Elder could do with just 2 of these kids on LCA. #7 should be playing somewhere that can actually develop his talent.

That’s fine, rest him as long as necessary. He needs to be healthy or E has no real shot of advancing beyond Round 1. Injuries at Corner are concerning, they’re down to Uran & Beckenhaupt. TBH, they’re lucky to have a good athlete like Beckenhaupt as a backup.
I see Sandhas at corner also