Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Riverside by 14-20

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Riverside by 21+

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

BlackandGold

RollSide
The two only undefeated teams left in the WRC square off in Bainbridge. Who takes the driver seat in the league?

Kenston's path:
08/18 H Boardman (1-6) W 50-13
08/25 A West Geauga (3-4) W 49-14
09/01 H Chagrin Falls (3-4) W 55-7
09/08 A VASJ (5-2) W 49-27
09/14 H Lake Catholic (6-1) L 49-14
09/22 A Chardon (4-3) W 31-21
09/29 A Mayfield (3-4) W 38-20

Riverside's path:
08/18 A NDCL (4-3) W 14-3
08/25 H Aurora (6-1) W 31-14
09/01 H Mentor (4-3) W 34-31
09/08 A Maple Heights (3-4) W 35-6
09/15 H Boardman (1-6) W 52-21
09/22 H Willoughby South (1-6) W 56-8
09/29 A Eastlake North (2-5) W 43-14

Cal preps says: Kenston 35, Riverside 31
Drew Pasteur says: Riverside over Kenston by 9

Last edited:

Defensively I think Riverside has the upper hand. Chardon scored 21 on Kenston with basically ZERO passing offense and 20 to Mayfield and Mayfield isnt as good as their 3-4 record. Whoever decides to show up and play D next Friday will have the best shot at winning.

Defensively I think Riverside has the upper hand. Chardon scored 21 on Kenston with basically ZERO passing offense and 20 to Mayfield and Mayfield isnt as good as their 3-4 record. Whoever decides to show up and play D next Friday will have the best shot at winning.
Interesting! I was actually expecting to hear that Riverside has the upper hand offensively with their pass-run abilities. I thought I read on here that Chardon’s secondary has struggled against the pass. Looks like their defense had a good night against South last night.

Well Chardons pass D was non-existent against tiffin. But did well against Avon Lake. Actually didn't do too bad against Kenston but two turnovers turned into TD's wasn't helpful. I thought I read that Riverside lost a fair number of senior defensive players last year? May make the difference.

Well Chardons pass D was non-existent against tiffin. But did well against Avon Lake. Actually didn't do too bad against Kenston but two turnovers turned into TD's wasn't helpful. I thought I read that Riverside lost a fair number of senior defensive players last year? May make the difference.
They did lose a lot of talented defensive players, but a lot of seniors and underclassmen have stepped up on defense this season. Maybe not as effective as last year, but effective enough to compliment the high-powered offense. I agree it'll come down to who plays stronger on defense.

I feel like if Riverside can run the ball effectively they will be in control. They're more balanced then a good chunk of the teams that Kenston has played so far. Lake Catholic rolled Kenston pretty hard 49-14, I would think Riverside has their act together as well as if not better then LC does. And Kenston gave up 27 to VASJ too. Although that 21 that Riverside gave up to Boardman may be a sign Riversides D can fall victim to certain matchups.

I’m pretty sure when it was 31-6 at Mayfield Kenston started playing underclassmen

I was disappointed after a clean South win that Riverside was back to bad penalties against North, which can keep an offense like Kenston’s in the game. And vice versa for Kenston.

Would not be surprised if Riverside makes this a running clock. Hopefully I am wrong and it's a great game for both schools. Good Luck to both teams.

I think this will be a relatively close game. I do think Riverside eventually pulls away and wins by maybe two scores, but for a good while it should be fun. Definitely miss how fun the WRC can get in the title race, especially when Brush won it in ‘17.