Week 5: Elder @ Louisville St. Xavier

If Elder’s not confident they can reach the end zone on kickoffs, they should settle for Squibb kicks. They cannot continue to give up big returns on kickoffs.

If Elder’s not confident they can reach the end zone on kickoffs, they should settle for Squibb kicks. They cannot continue to give up big returns on kickoffs.
The Squibb kick failed last week. Try to Kick the damn ball into the end zone. The percentages are better.

The Squibb kick failed last week. Try to Kick the damn ball into the end zone. The percentages are better.

They also overloaded the side they were kicking to. The Ed's returner just took it the other way for about 30-40 yards. The one they were smart not to kick it to had a big return earlier in the game. Line up normal and squib it, or overload one side and pooch kick to that side is the way to go I think if you can't put it in the endzone or if they have a dangerous return man.

Roth had 3 of 6 kickoffs that were touchbacks in week 1. I agree with 1965. Take your chances on kicking it deep. Elder has some starters on the kickoff team. They can cover if he doesn't get it into the endzone.

Elder takes the opening kickoff and drives 87 yards on a VERY impressive drive.

St X does the same. Tied 7-7.

Elder with another 80 yard drive. Picking up 4-7 yards every play.

14-7 Panthers.

Can Elder's defense get a stop? Yes. Panthers force a punt.

Roth kicks a 40 yard field goal and the Panthers go into half up 17-7.

Holding penalty cost Elder a likely touchdown but up 10 at the half!

Last edited:
I tried that from Elder's web-page. Here is what i get when i hit the link.

1694822986679.png

Elder doing their best to give this game away with some sketchy play calling and generally lousy special teams play.

Outstanding road win. E won by 10 but wasn’t that close. E had to have had way more total yards. OL was dominant, far and away the MVPs of the game.

Watched the game last night, Elder looked really good. Couple things that stood out:
-This may be one of the deepest Elder teams they've had in years. They had to play about 20 guys last night, hell maybe close to 25. That and they had 3 different running backs take carriers, outside of Brass.
-Defense played solid tonight, kept everything in front for the most part and tackling seemed better on the whole. They gave up the fluke TD on the botched FG attempt and then one big run after some bad field position gave X the ball around the E 45. Outside of that, it was the one opening TD drive.
-The OL has figured it out. They're moving guys around and opening up some big holes. Not sure how they look depth wise at OL, but the 5/6 guys that are in those spots now are gelling.
-Roth is a weapon in the kicking like Elder hasn't had since Miliano. They almost never try a 40 yard FG but they did last night. Kid nailed it.
-The Lou X broadcast team was talking about last year's meeting at the Pit and how the game this year was much different. They both agreed they thought the Elder offense was much better this year than last year. I'm not sure many Elder fans would have agreed with them a few weeks ago, but maybe they do now.

I said it a couple weeks ago after Springboro, they seem to have figured things out. X looks vulnerable next week at home. Hope they pull it off setting up a big match-up with Moe the following week at the Pit.