Austintown Fitch 2023

If it’s been taking a toll on the coaches for a couple years it’s probably doing the same to some of the team at least. Be nice if both sides come out of this better

Devin Phillips looked pretty good last year filling in when James or Williams were injured. They also have a who is looking really good, plus, two or three other guys who look really good.
The only other back who saw quality carries was a sophomore who probably made more of an impact on defense, and he is back at Chaney. The rest behind DJ are very young and unproven, therefore saying we have maybe our best offensive backfield every is way off base.

Dads Facebook has most likely been screenshot and emailed to OHSAA. He’s gonna have a tough time going to another school without penalty.

There has to be systemic documented mistreatment.

Which this is simply dad being way to involved.
Which sucks for the kid. But it’s true.

This distraction is not what we needed. I do believe that we have a team that could contend for a state championship. This senior class has been awesome since seventh grade. There is more DI talent on this team than we have ever had. Our interior line is looking really good. Our offensive backfield and secondary are probably the best we ever had. Everything is looking like we are going to have a legitimate shot and then this happens. I still think we can do it. The key is Deshawn Vaughn. He has to stay healthy. We have a lot of good backs besides Williams, and our linebackers are all experienced now. Robinson will be missed, but we still have enough to get it done.
If this team is loaded with talent, then don’t you think a coach laying down the law to one of the top players sends a message to the rest of the team that not one player is above the Team? I’m far away from this situation, so I don’t know details of “the incident “ or what else could have potentially led up to it. However, to me it sure sounds like TJ did what he had to do for the TEAM. Or else this could be a distraction all year. Some parents these days hate to think a coach being old school is possible, but perhaps the coach has the teams best interest in mind. Pretty sure he wants to win more than anyone. I give the guy credit.

If this team is loaded with talent, then don’t you think a coach laying down the law to one of the top players sends a message to the rest of the team that not one player is above the Team? I’m far away from this situation, so I don’t know details of “the incident “ or what else could have potentially led up to it. However, to me it sure sounds like TJ did what he had to do for the TEAM. Or else this could be a distraction all year. Some parents these days hate to think a coach being old school is possible, but perhaps the coach has the teams best interest in mind. Pretty sure he wants to win more than anyone. I give the guy credit.
Correct. Team first.

This is exactly what he is doing. I do think Robinson was being led in the wrong direction. By showing up at that 7 on 7 drill, it became about him and not the kids actually competing in it. Again, he should not have been there because no one else on the team was there.

I'm sure he is being sarcastic. If he goes to Campbell or East, he isn't winning much more
My understanding is East is supposed to be a lot better this year with a new coach and I guess some players from Chaney possibly? I could be wrong about the last part though.

No. He isn't going to end up at either place. My guess is he goes where he will win.
Only mentioned those, because that is where people was saying he resides. My guess would be he would go where he can win, but if you can only participate in the first 5 games of the year, really not worth it

Only mentioned those, because that is where people was saying he resides. My guess would be he would go where he can win, but if you can only participate in the first 5 games of the year, really not worth it
So many people don’t understand the transfer exceptions. The kid is going to play the entire season I’m sure of it. There’s 13 exceptions and he can argue a couple or he could just move to make it really simple.

So many people don’t understand the transfer exceptions. The kid is going to play the entire season I’m sure of it. There’s 13 exceptions and he can argue a couple or he could just move to make it really simple.
I admit I don't understand some of the transfer rules. In fact I did ask earlier on the thread if publics and privates had different rules with kids transferring. Also some families just can't pick up and move, just because a kid wants to go to a certain school.

I’m not sure he would fall under any of the transfer exceptions unless the family is to move. What other exceptions could he argue?

13 looks most likely besides 1. 7 is possible. 1 is most likely the one he’s going to do.
I don’t see OHSAA approving 13, due to the fact that it states that all the criteria is met. It states that there needs to be reported to legal authorities, which didn’t happen (at least as far as we know). The other problem they would have is part D where it states that “there is no evidence the transfer is due to the student/family’s displeasure with a former coach’s training tactics and/or the students playing time.” Which, Mr. Robinson made very clear in his Facebook posts that he was unhappy with the coach’s tactics and his son’s treatment by coaches…

What if he transfers across the border to a PA school? Could he play a full season there?
Yes definitely nothing will stop him from doing that. So he could play in Mercer or Lawrence County, in Pittsburgh or even in West Virginia without sitting any. He could also play at a boarding school in a Canadien province or out of state without having to buy a new house or pick up and move.

Yes definitely nothing will stop him from doing that. So he could play in Mercer or Lawrence County, in Pittsburgh or even in West Virginia without sitting any. He could also play at a boarding school in a Canadien province or out of state without having to buy a new house or pick up and move.
I believe the PIAA rules are that he could play the regular season but would have to miss the playoffs.