Former Wyoming coach named head coach at Crestview

Not a good track record on staying places. Anderson, Thomas More College (less than 9 months), Wyoming and Cup all in 6 years! Sometimes your dark past catches up to you.

Reactions: ISI
I get where you're coming from, but I don't feel like it's fair to villainize him for it. To insinuate that he's some kind of nefarious character is a bit harsh, not to mention unnecessarily unkind. I've known him in various capacities for several years (sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not him, @cincysports4 :)) , and I can say that he's a good guy that works his rear end off to support his players.

Intense? Sure. Overly so at times? Perhaps. But a bad person? I'd have to disagree there. Wishing him the best in his next chapter. I'll be shocked if he's not extremely successful at Crestview.

I get where you're coming from, but I don't feel like it's fair to villainize him for it. To insinuate that he's some kind of nefarious character is a bit harsh, not to mention unnecessarily unkind. I've known him in various capacities for several years (sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not him, @cincysports4 :)) , and I can say that he's a good guy that works his rear end off to support his players.

Intense? Sure. Overly so at times? Perhaps. But a bad person? I'd have to disagree there. Wishing him the best in his next chapter. I'll be shocked if he's not extremely successful at Crestview.

No one said bad person. But getting continually fired from jobs doesn't inspire confidence that a small school venture in another part of the state will be successful. You could be right.

No one said bad person. But getting continually fired from jobs doesn't inspire confidence that a small school venture in another part of the state will be successful. You could be right.
Genuinely curious, is it him getting fired or quitting? Neither are goo but from afar, I assumed he was just chasing the talent.

Has he ever taken a program that wasn’t “good” already? Has he ever coached club teams that weren’t “stacked”? No, let’s see him build a winning program out of kids or a city he has to actually develop. Two of the latest jobs he was “let go” due to situations that the employer could no longer keep him on in a coaching/teaching capacity.

Has he ever taken a program that wasn’t “good” already? Has he ever coached club teams that weren’t “stacked”? No, let’s see him build a winning program out of kids or a city he has to actually develop. Two of the latest jobs he was “let go” due to situations that the employer could no longer keep him on in a coaching/teaching capacity.
He has a pretty big hill to climb at Crestview. That cupboard is pretty bare but the success of recent years means there will be a lot of kids that want to play going forward. Whether there is any talent there and what he can do with it time will tell.

The possibility of mooney moving out of D3 and up to D2 would certainly help.

It never made any sense from the beginning. Then all offseason there was noise of him not showing up for anything. Fortunately they still had some parents involved that kept offseason stuff on track.