Federal League Football 2023

I got a question would lake come to Akron play buchtel if they scheduled to play them one day
Based on the info I know...we would play Buchtel but not home and home...with our current schedule...we always have to make sure we have 5 home games and currently we couldn't get that done which is how Brecksville came to be on our schedule for this year. But we maybe looking for 2 games next year. The one other drawback to playing home and home is Buchtel's field does not have lights so playing Sat afternoon is difficult. You lose a day to breakdown video and preparation for the next game

Based on the info I know...we would play Buchtel but not home and home...with our current schedule...we always have to make sure we have 5 home games and currently we couldn't get that done which is how Brecksville came to be on our schedule for this year. But we maybe looking for 2 games next year. The one other drawback to playing home and home is Buchtel's field does not have lights so playing Sat afternoon is difficult. You lose a day to breakdown video and preparation for the next game
Yea hopefully one day they do get light be cool light wit a cool field they have

Unless the game is at Akron Public Schools only lighted field at Akron Ellet High School.

BGD's top 10 most interesting non-conference matchups for the 2023 season

1. McKinley vs Massillon- Week 10
2.McKinley vs Avon- Week 2
3. Green at South Range- Week 2
4. Hoover vs Hudson- Week 2
5. Jackson vs Mentor- Week 1
6. McKinley at Dublin Coffman- Week 3
7. GlenOak at Massillon- Week 2
8. Green vs Dover- Week 1
9. GlenOak vs Fitch- Week 3
10. Perry vs SVSM- Week 2

I don’t think Jackson vs mentor is gonna be all that interesting tbh. Good for the bears. Beefing up that schedule. But I don’t see Jackson being elite next year.

BGD, what are the top ten non interesting OOC games for the Fed?

I don’t think Jackson vs mentor is gonna be all that interesting tbh. Good for the bears. Beefing up that schedule. But I don’t see Jackson being elite next year.
I certainly don't think its going to be one of the best games, but I am interested to see how Jackson does against a state power. The Bears haven't played a D1 school in non-conference play since 2014, so this will be a big change of pace for them.

BGD, what are the top ten non interesting OOC games for the Fed?
I'm glad you asked :D

1. Hoover vs Canadian Team (Week 3)
2. GlenOak vs Western Hills (Week 1)
3. Lake vs Louisville (Week 5)
4. Perry vs Euclid (Week 3)
5. Jackson at Canton CC (Week 9)
6. GlenOak at Louisville (Week 8)
7. Jackson vs Stow (Week 3)
8. Lake vs Brecksville (Week 3)
9. McKinley at Warren Harding (Week 1)
10. Green vs Louisville (Week 7)

Harding vs McKinley is an old school rival that is more interesting than Lake vs Boardman

The Federal League had a state champion in wrestling as Perry's Aiden Fockler won the HVY class at the D1 OHSAA State Championship.
The Panthers came in 4th as a team and had 6 other placers including 3rd Placers Austin McBurney, Mason Rohr, and Emeric McBurney. 5 out of the 7 return next year.

Also, Louisville's Dominic Hoffarth won his 2nd State Title in D2 at 150 pounds.

Last edited:
Harding vs McKinley is an old school rival that is more interesting than Lake vs Boardman
Yeah, I should have included Lake vs Boardman around #7 on my list. Lake should crush the Spartans. I don't think McK-WGH is very interesting though. Harding has had 3 losing seasons in the last 4 years, and only won 2 games in 2022. Definitely McKinley's easiest non-conference game.

You're selling Louisville short. The Lake and Glenoak games always generate some sparks and the games with Green have been close, especially last year when the Leps scored their winning TD late in the 4th with their 12 man offense.

Hell, I'll even add the Alliance at Lake game.Last year was Alliance's best team in years and they were very good but only lasted a half. The rest of the game was a blow out. Unless Alliance has similar talent available next season. I'm thinking this game will be like the previous games. Not worth watching!

You're selling Louisville short. The Lake and Glenoak games always generate some sparks and the games with Green have been close, especially last year when the Leps scored their winning TD late in the 4th with their 12 man offense.
8D294694-4250-4250-958A-EB23D9609E56.jpeg

The Federal League had a state champion in wrestling as Perry's Aiden Fockler won the HVY class at the D1 OHSAA State Championship.
The Panthers came in 4th as a team and had 6 other placers including 3rd Placers Austin McBurney, Mason Rohr, and Emeric McBurney. 5 out of the 7 return next year.

Also, Louisville's Dominic Hoffarth won his 2nd State Title in D2 at 150 pounds.
Any chance Perry getting Fockler to play FB?

I did not catch that when I watched the game live. What a terrible missed call!

Do you know the down, distance and time remaining when Louisville scored?
😂 can’t remember exactly. Wasn’t 4th down and might have been a minute or so left in the game, but that was the “scoring play”. In all fairness we averaged 10.85 players per play in that game. I want to say we lined up with 9 twice, 10 4or5 times and 12 twice. Gives some clarity on the situation with the ol’ ball club.

😂 can’t remember exactly. Wasn’t 4th down and might have been a minute or so left in the game, but that was the “scoring play”. In all fairness we averaged 10.85 players per play in that game. I want to say we lined up with 9 twice, 10 4or5 times and 12 twice. Gives some clarity on the situation with the ol’ ball club.
In 2018 against Hoover Green lined up with 12. There was only supposed to be one RB in the formation, but we had 2 in on this play, standing right next to each other! You'd think one of them would have figured it out. This was garbage time and Hoover was ahead by 4 TDs.

Absolutely everything went wrong that year for the Bulldogs.

I did not catch that when I watched the game live. What a terrible missed call!

Do you know the down, distance and time remaining when Louisville scored?
Two things on that alignment...the official should have called it right now...two wide outs both sides instantly tells 9 guys...3 in the backfield and you have 12. Where were the Green coaches also....they should have been going crazy on the sideline and telling the official.

The play was ran with about 55 seconds left from the 5 yard line. If the penalty had been called, it would have been first and goal from the 10.

Depending on how many timeouts Louisville had, they might have elected to throw, rather than run, on the next few plays, and they did not have a good passing game. Most likely, the Leopards would have attempted a game winning field goal from 27 yards out or closer, which the kicker probably would have made, he was 3 for 3 on extra points. Its unlikely, but possible (as Massillon knows) that Green would have forced a turnover.

I'd say that if the refs hadn't missed that call, Louisville still had about an 80% chance to win.

What was even worse in my mind was Week 3 of the 2019 season when the Green-Louisville game was delayed midway through the third quarter while Louisville led 35-34, and Green had the ball. The Bulldogs had all the momentum and were wearing the Leopards down, as we had the bigger lines. Yet, somehow, this ended up being the ONLY game in the Canton-Akron area that wasn't finished on Friday, and was instead picked up at 10 AM the next morning.