MAC Basketball

More than just solid one of UF's best ever: Findlay's standout from Chickasaw, Ohio is the first player at Findlay since Martyce Kimbrough (2015-18) to earn three consecutive all-conference awards and is the first player in the NCAA era of the program to earn all-conference four times.
didn't mean to upset ya....but then it is easy when someone talks about a steiner boy too you... Solid meaning that he does everything well, shooter, rebounder, passer, defense... he was like that in HS too!!.....

This foul not foul thing has me remembering one of the best Marion Local teams ever, the 2001 regional runner ups. If you can find an interview with Brian Shoup, the kid who grabbed the Marion Local shooters wrist with about 2 seconds left in a tied game, and got no call, he said the officials told them before the game the last couple of minutes they would be swallowing their whistles and letting the players on the court decide the game. Clearly should have been a foul, but was consistent in what they said before the game. Still, I would have preferred it had been called since it was a clear infraction of the rules. We pretty much knew that was the state title on the line as the winner of that game was likely to win state, but you want to earn it.
thats amzing that refs would say that to a player...

More than just solid one of UF's best ever: Findlay's standout from Chickasaw, Ohio is the first player at Findlay since Martyce Kimbrough (2015-18) to earn three consecutive all-conference awards and is the first player in the NCAA era of the program to earn all-conference four times.
And he is coming back for a 5th year thanks to the stupid NCAA Covid year.

If he would stop fouling so much he could win GMAC player of the year.

didn't mean to upset ya....but then it is easy when someone talks about a steiner boy too you... Solid meaning that he does everything well, shooter, rebounder, passer, defense... he was like that in HS too!!.....
If you read the article, you would know Nate Bruns is from Chickasaw not Maria Stein.

If you read the article, you would know Nate Bruns is from Chickasaw not Maria Stein.
How is Chickasaw HS doing this year in basketball? are they finally going to their Football program going or are they going to do soccer next year? maybe Marion Local or St Henry can start getting their EX JOCKS to move to Chickasaw to get that football program going, or do you think they will go further EAST down ST RT 274 to New Bremen to continue with that building of athletic programs?

This foul not foul thing has me remembering one of the best Marion Local teams ever, the 2001 regional runner ups. If you can find an interview with Brian Shoup, the kid who grabbed the Marion Local shooters wrist with about 2 seconds left in a tied game, and got no call, he said the officials told them before the game the last couple of minutes they would be swallowing their whistles and letting the players on the court decide the game. Clearly should have been a foul, but was consistent in what they said before the game. Still, I would have preferred it had been called since it was a clear infraction of the rules. We pretty much knew that was the state title on the line as the winner of that game was likely to win state, but you want to earn it.
If they said this, and I have my doubts, it should be reported to the head of officials.

If they said this, and I have my doubts, it should be reported to the head of officials.
Well, he said in the interview it was during the captain's meeting pre game, both teams there heard it presumably. I'll try to see if I can find that interview. I know I have it in my boxes of old media clippings somewhere. It was unique enough I thought to save it, likely Dayton Daily but could also have been Troy Daily.

Well, he said in the interview it was during the captain's meeting pre game, both teams there heard it presumably. I'll try to see if I can find that interview. I know I have it in my boxes of old media clippings somewhere. It was unique enough I thought to save it, likely Dayton Daily but could also have been Troy Daily.
I remember the "foul". It was unfortunate it was not called as Marion Local would have won state as Bethel cruised through the Sem - Finals and Finals. But that is the way the ball bounces or the way the zebra blows or does not blow the whistle.

I remember the "foul". It was unfortunate it was not called as Marion Local would have won state as Bethel cruised through the Sem - Finals and Finals. But that is the way the ball bounces or the way the zebra blows or does not blow the whistle.
ML had lost to state runner-up DSJ at home late in the regular season, so I’m not sure they’d have won the whole thing.

The general public would be absolutely BLOWN AWAY with what officials in football and basketball say before and during the games. Not all officials or every game, but it's shocking. I've heard it all. I've been on a football sideline 23 years and basketball right around 10. Football is far and away the worst. Some of it has been far, far worse than what I hear hurled from the stands or coaches. Some of these guys and crews absolutely deserve the heckling they get.

The general public would be absolutely BLOWN AWAY with what officials in football and basketball say before and during the games. Not all officials or every game, but it's shocking. I've heard it all. I've been on a football sideline 23 years and basketball right around 10. Football is far and away the worst. Some of it has been far, far worse than what I hear hurled from the stands or coaches. Some of these guys and crews absolutely deserve the heckling they get.
Bad apples exist, but few and far between and usually not a games that will be close. You can be part of the problem or part of the solution. Classes start soon.

Bad apples exist, but few and far between and usually not a games that will be close. You can be part of the problem or part of the solution. Classes start soon.
I can tell you this - if I was an official, I would never, ever speak to coaches the way some of these guys have spoke. Ever. And it’s not so few and far between as one would think. And I’ll add this - I’ve been part of some of the cleanest staffs out there and the sidelines have been run extremely well.

I can tell you this - if I was an official, I would never, ever speak to coaches the way some of these guys have spoke. Ever. And it’s not so few and far between as one would think. And I’ll add this - I’ve been part of some of the cleanest staffs out there and the sidelines have been run extremely well.
The same could be said regarding things coaches have said on the sidelines. Regardless, we are in agreement.

Are you talking trash talk and profanity? Or officials telling players they're not calling fouls the last two minutes of the game? Officials are hired to ref for the entire game, not most of the game, and the teams deserve to have the game officiated for the entire game. If I was a coach and my team lost when an obvious foul wasn't called at the end of the game because the refs decided before the game they were not going to call fouls at the end of the game I'd be more than a little irate. They would never officiate a game with my team again.

Are you talking trash talk and profanity? Or officials telling players they're not calling fouls the last two minutes of the game? Officials are hired to ref for the entire game, not most of the game, and the teams deserve to have the game officiated for the entire game. If I was a coach and my team lost when an obvious foul wasn't called at the end of the game because the refs decided before the game they were not going to call fouls at the end of the game I'd be more than a little irate. They would never officiate a game with my team again.
I’m talking trash talking, arrogance, abuse of power. Again, the general public would be shocked.

Sounds a lot like FR's regional final game in 2010. That was the real state final game, because Dayton Jefferson stomped everyone afterwards. The only one who could stop Greg Kahlig were the refs, and they did. Called two phantom, back to back, fouls on him in the mid to late part of the fourth. Still needed overtime to beat us.
As much of a stink we've raised for last week, THAT is what really still keeps most of us who bleed purple up at night.

I haven't followed Marion Local much this year. They have a couple of bigs down low and some really nice guards from what our coach was saying. Typical Marion Local team? Tough defense and grind it out? Looking forward to the matchup tomorrow. It'll be a tall order for the Knights as we are a smaller team that has depended on defensive play and opportunistic outside shooting.

I haven't followed Marion Local much this year. They have a couple of bigs down low and some really nice guards from what our coach was saying. Typical Marion Local team? Tough defense and grind it out? Looking forward to the matchup tomorrow. It'll be a tall order for the Knights as we are a smaller team that has depended on defensive play and opportunistic outside shooting.
They protect the paint very well, have 2 very good outside shooters one of which is phenomenal, which makes it difficult to double their bigs. I’m moving out of new bremen and very much considering Marion Local. Great town great people can’t ask for much more.

So MAC fans.. Good call, or Bad call? I know what the Indians from FT Rec are saying.. Karma? Sucks to lose a game in that fashion with a state birth on the line. Speaking of the Line? Maybe make some FT's? Tough one Steiners!

Crestview continues to be a MAC killer. ML had a 13-0 lead and scored 6 points in the 4th. Sounds like the refs did not beat them, Crestview took it. Too bad one team had to lose but the Steiners will be back.

So MAC fans.. Good call, or Bad call? I know what the Indians from FT Rec are saying.. Karma? Sucks to lose a game in that fashion with a state birth on the line. Speaking of the Line? Maybe make some FT's? Tough one Steiners!
Make your free throws and don’t blow a 13-point lead. Goettermiller certainly didn’t do a great job coaching in this game. You certainly can’t rely on what officials will or won’t call down the stretch. Not a great call in that situation IMO but that was the call.

Only saw it on video with no context for how the game flow was, but the one that was called looks like a foul from one angle. The one at the very end on the hail mary is clearly a foul from the angle I saw.

i saw the young man from ML , who was called for the foul, on twitter said he fouled the Crestview player

The ML foul on the Crestview player was clearly a foul. Saw it from three different angles. The Hail Mary pass, I only saw it from a WOSN highlight on Twitter and couldn't tell one way or the other. Even if the ML player could have caught it cleanly he couldn't have turned and gotten a shot off in .5 seconds.

Make your free throws and don’t blow a 13-point lead. Goettermiller certainly didn’t do a great job coaching in this game. You certainly can’t rely on what officials will or won’t call down the stretch. Not a great call in that situation IMO but that was the call.
People need to stop acting like referees actually decide the game. If you criticize, you should become a ref and then tell me how easy it is. The teams decide who won by who played better 99.999% of the time. If anyone criticizes, take the classes and become a referee please.

Marion Local went about as far as their talent could take them, last nights game could have went either way but as most posters know doubtful any of the 3 teams remaining come with in 20 pts. of RH.

The ML foul on the Crestview player was clearly a foul. Saw it from three different angles. The Hail Mary pass, I only saw it from a WOSN highlight on Twitter and couldn't tell one way or the other. Even if the ML player could have caught it cleanly he couldn't have turned and gotten a shot off in .5 seconds.
That doesn't matter a foul is a foul regardless of time.