Connor Ackley (Hilliard Davidson) - BOOM - 4:08.23 (2nd) and 9:03.10 win at SPIRE

JAVMAN83

Wow, what a double! Ackley moves to the #3 all-tracks 1600m performer (Horter & Kidder ahead of him), and improves his 3200m indoor best by almost 5 seconds and certainly into the top-15 all-time, possibly even top-10 (that list is still under development).

The season is really heating up!

One of the great doubles in state history. I would put this up with performances of Danny Neff 1600 and 800 and Doug Bockenstette 1600, and 3200 as one of the best doubles in Ohio. If he can do this at the state meet outdoors- that would be even more impressive.

The kid from PA had better wheels at the end, but I have no doubt that Ackely could have run a better time if the pace had been faster in the middle. He certainly wasn't wasted at the end.

In the 3200, it looked like he was playing with the field. The outcome was never in doubt.

One of the great doubles in state history. I would put this up with performances of Danny Neff 1600 and 800 and Doug Bockenstette 1600, and 3200 as one of the best doubles in Ohio. If he can do this at the state meet outdoors- that would be even more impressive.
I am not trying to downplay or disparage this effort in any way. When you mention state history I thought I would add what I saw. In my 2nd or 3rd year of coaching in Ohio we attended a meet at Otterbein. It was on the old 10 lap to a mile track that they now use for team camps. Athletes were not allowed to wear spikes, let alone super shoes. John Zishka ran 4:10 and 45 minutes later ran 9:00 or at least in that neighborhood. My memory is not what it once was. I don't remember what second place times were but I had a boy around 4:45 and 10:10 that was fighting for second. Maybe Galesxc can add some specifics.

Again, I am not trying to put down this young man's effort but trying to provide some historical comparative.

I am not trying to downplay or disparage this effort in any way. When you mention state history I thought I would add what I saw. In my 2nd or 3rd year of coaching in Ohio we attended a meet at Otterbein. It was on the old 10 lap to a mile track that they now use for team camps. Athletes were not allowed to wear spikes, let alone super shoes. John Zishka ran 4:10 and 45 minutes later ran 9:00 or at least in that neighborhood. My memory is not what it once was. I don't remember what second place times were but I had a boy around 4:45 and 10:10 that was fighting for second. Maybe Galesxc can add some specifics.

Again, I am not trying to put down this young man's effort but trying to provide some historical comparative.
Your point is very valid the shoes are making is hard to compare times even just 5 years ago let alone decades ago. And then for indoor you add the larger size tracks makes it even harder. None of that even takes into account the massive advancements in training methods.