Democrat wants to expand House of Representatives by 150 seats to create smaller voting districts

wonder if this clown will bring up TERM LIMITS... 4 years and OUT!!!! can't become a lobbyist for 10 years after you leave office..... no more 30 day, 60 day 90 breaks from being in Washington... and ALL members must have at least 15 TOWNHALLS a year ( that must be scheduled 30 days in advance and not the night before-- i call that the Sherrod Brown rule after he voted for obamacare-- he disappeared from the face of the earth)

I agree. And state congressional numbers should be set by the land area of the state not by population.

What are you agreeing with, because that's not what they're proposing.

So, a Senator can adequately represent (on average) 6 - 7 million people, but a congressman can't adequately represent 800K people? That doesn't make sense.

Call me cynical, but I think the good congressman isn't championing my best interests, he's championing what's in the best interest of his godforsaken party.

No thanks.

wonder if this clown will bring up TERM LIMITS... 4 years and OUT!!!! can't become a lobbyist for 10 years after you leave office..... no more 30 day, 60 day 90 breaks from being in Washington... and ALL members must have at least 15 TOWNHALLS a year ( that must be scheduled 30 days in advance and not the night before-- i call that the Sherrod Brown rule after he voted for obamacare-- he disappeared from the face of the earth)
Ohio was hooked on ACA as soon as Medicare Medicaid funding was rolled into it at an increase. We are in old state. I despise Sherrod for other reasons

What are you agreeing with, because that's not what they're proposing.

So, a Senator can adequately represent (on average) 6 - 7 million people, but a congressman can't adequately represent 800K people? That doesn't make sense.

Call me cynical, but I think the good congressman isn't championing my best interests, he's championing what's in the best interest of his godforsaken party.

No thanks.
I agree that we need more congressman in larger states (area size) or congressional representation should be set by the area size of the state. Alaska the largest state in the USA by area has just one House Rep. Juneau Alaska to Fairbanks Alaska is over 700 miles apart, telling me a person in Juneau has the same concerns as someone in Fairbanks?

I agree that we need more congressman in larger states (area size) or congressional representation should be set by the area size of the state. Alaska the largest state in the USA by area has just one House Rep. Juneau Alaska to Fairbanks Alaska is over 700 miles apart, telling me a person in Juneau has the same concerns as someone in Fairbanks?

Arguing that the House of Representatives shouldn't be based on population is just weird. That's not what the Founders intended at all.

You're advocating a constitutional amendment?

Arguing that the House of Representatives shouldn't be based on population is just weird. That's not what the Founders intended at all.

You're advocating a constitutional amendment?
Looking at election maps makes it pretty clear that if you made Representation based on area instead of population we would likely have another 100-125 R seats.

So Rhode Island gets one half a Congressperson?😉

Last edited:
Ohio was hooked on ACA as soon as Medicare Medicaid funding was rolled into it at an increase. We are in old state. I despise Sherrod for other reasons
he had a few town halls after that vote, they were put on his web page a few hours before they started and it was by invite only after that.... he is a JOKE!!!

Lets see. 1. make Washington DC a state. 2. Make P. R. a state. 3 Let 16 year old kids vote. 4 Pack the Supreme. 5. Rules to vote made by Feds and not States. 6. Make it so all illegals are made Citizens. Do all this along with add 125 to 150 democrat congress people and Democrat party will be running the nation form now till I am not here on this earth to care.

If you were to create a bicameral congress TODAY, from scratch…and one was based on the federal concept of equal representation per state (50 times 2, regardless of the state’s population) and the other was based on representation based on an equal division of seats based on population (with each state guaranteed at least 1), how many people would you think to be ideal number of population per district? When we created 435, each would have been a bit over 200,000. These days, it’s over 800,000.

This can’t be apolitical, but 435 isn’t in the Constitution…it’s codified from around 1915, when our population was around 100 million. More representatives makes sense, and it would nudge things more in the favor of the larger states…

If you were to create a bicameral congress TODAY, from scratch…and one was based on the federal concept of equal representation per state (50 times 2, regardless of the state’s population) and the other was based on representation based on an equal division of seats based on population (with each state guaranteed at least 1), how many people would you think to be ideal number of population per district? When we created 435, each would have been a bit over 200,000. These days, it’s over 800,000.

This can’t be apolitical, but 435 isn’t in the Constitution…it’s codified from around 1915, when our population was around 100 million. More representatives makes sense, and it would nudge things more in the favor of the larger states…

They capped it because the number is arbitrary (the constitution says a minimum of 30K) and we're out of room. The Capitol does have a mandated maximum occupancy.

Packing the congress is a "solution" looking for a problem. Nobody believes the answer to a bloated government is to increase its size. That's stupid.

Move on to your next perpetual power scheme. This one ain't getting any traction.

They didn’t cap it…they picked a number they thought made sense for the time and population size (early 20th century)…

But, hey, I get it. The MAGA crowd reflexively goes into action in terrified opposition because 1. Your political opponent supports it and 2. It represents change which ALWAYS must be responded to with NO!!!!!

That‘s pretty funny…the building isn’t big enough. 1800…the French show interest in selling Louisiana to fund their ongoing wars with Britain. Jefferson…nah, we’ve gone far enough. How would we pay for that? The Capitol we’re considering…it would have to be much larger….nah.

Last edited:
They should change the population required for a Representative and when they do; build a new capital somewhere in Western Kansas and give DC back to Maryland

They represent people, not land.

No the people elected to run our Fed govt represent there parties not the people that elected them and not land unless it will put money in their personal bank accounts.

They didn’t cap it…they picked a number they thought made sense for the time and population size (early 20th century)…

But, hey, I get it. The MAGA crowd reflexively goes into action in terrified opposition because 1. Your political opponent supports it and 2. It represents change which ALWAYS must be responded to with NO!!!!!

That‘s pretty funny…the building isn’t big enough. 1800…the French show interest in selling Louisiana to fund their ongoing wars with Britain. Jefferson…nah, we’ve gone far enough. How would we pay for that? The Capitol we’re considerin…it would have to be much large….nah.
The fact you believe a Dem proposed it without thinking or caring about the ramifications for his party is amusing.

It's a naked power grab by liberals.

The fact you believe a Dem proposed it without thinking or caring about the ramifications for his party is amusing.

It's a naked power grab by liberals.
I didn’t say that…of course it’s political. I just question whether, ultimately, it would favor the D’s. Some of the small states (e.g., Wyoming, N Dakota) will stay at 1…D’s will benefit. The big states, that include Florida and Texas, would go up. R’s might do all right in all this.