Will Massillon break the Georgia jinks?

SWGA Fan

At this writing, Georgia is currently 7-0 against Ohio high schools/colleges.

As an aside, does Massillon Washington reap the benefits of open enrollment?

Last edited:

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

At what other times have Ohio schools played teams from Georgia other than OSU choking twice?
Georgia Southern beat Youngstown State a couple times in the National finals of whatever division that was back then. Irk Russell was coach at GSU and I believe Tressel may have been at YSU.

Did this question need a separate thread?
I had some extra ink I purchased with my crazy Joe stimulus check.

As an aside, I seem to have awakened the ire of the huddled masses of Ohio. Perhaps I need to take a few refresher sensitivity classes?

Same'ol, same-ol down your way?
The Valdosta Board of Education in Georgia voted on Tuesday not to renew the contract of embattled football coach Rush Propst, who was placed on administrative leave after allegations surfaced that he recruited players and their families and then solicited money to pay their living expenses.

Georgia Southern beat Youngstown State a couple times in the National finals of whatever division that was back then. Irk Russell was coach at GSU and I believe Tressel may have been at YSU.
DAYUM, I stand corrected! OOOPS! That never came up when I met Coach Russell while standing in the line at Burger King in Ray Guy's hometown of Thomson. The division was IAA!

People be nice to SWGA. He seems like a nice guy just asking questions. I wish Massillon would play Valdosta home and home. Many Massillon fans would make that trip. Also I hope Massillon makes this “classic” an annual event and makes it a festival type atmosphere. I hope they encourage people to come, stay, go to the pro football hall of fame, the Paul Brown museum, visit the bars and restaurants downtown, etc.

We spell it with an "x' up here. "Jinx."

As to the open enrollment question. Massillon probably has some Georgia kids on roster.
And THAT would be WHY? Most of the Massillon jobs are in ATLANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I know that UGA has to my recollection, NEVER recruited at kid from the Buckaroo State. Course, Steel Chambers, Vonn Hayes, and Justin Fields are from you know where!

People be nice to SWGA. He seems like a nice guy just asking questions. I wish Massillon would play Valdosta home and home. Many Massillon fans would make that trip. Also I hope Massillon makes this “classic” an annual event and makes it a festival type atmosphere. I hope they encourage people to come, stay, go to the pro football hall of fame, the Paul Brown museum, visit the bars and restaurants downtown, etc.
I'm jist a sweet lil LUUUVable FUUUZZZZball, but SOME folks appear to have a burr in their patooties for some reason! I'm trying as hard as I can not to get CANCELLED, as you 21st century lads are prone to do.

And you could come ANYTIME you so desire for that good seat, since every seat on the visitor's side is RESERVED!

Now SEE, he was FRAMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!***ROTFLMAO*** In his DEEEfense, the head dude of the booster club, illegally taped a confidential conversation. And this one arm bandit shouldn't be expecting any Christmas Cards from the Valdosta faithful. They've missed on their last chance at past glory.

Besides, NONE of this would have happened, if Coach Propst's former employer hadn't trumped up some BS charges to get him relieved of his duties from the 2015 National Champions! JEALOUSY, PURE and simple. Can you beLIEVE that he was fired because he gave a kid an ALEVE for pain at halftime???????????????????????????

And THAT would be WHY? Most of the Massillon jobs are in ATLANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I know that UGA has to my recollection, NEVER recruited at kid from the Buckaroo State. Course, Steel Chambers, Vonn Hayes, and Justin Fields are from you know where!
Von Hayes is the retired baseball player from California. I think you are referring to Vonn Bell.

I’m sure UGA has recruited plenty of Ohioans over the years. Heck, just right now they have an offer on the DE Robinson from Austintown Fitch. The Buckeyes haven’t yet offered him.

No disrespect but YSU has a 3-1 all-time record against Ga. Southern. Unfortunately the lone loss was in the 1999 D1-AA National Championship game.

As far as high school is concerned Cardinal Mooney was scheduled to play Buford, Ga. in the 2007 Herbstreit Class but Buford pulled out of the game for some reason. After Gateway from Pa was scheduled to replace Buford, Buford magically reappeared in the Classic lineup against Grove City, a team that won two games that season. Buford won that one, 34-7.

Granted it has been many years ago but I know of at least 10 players from Youngstown alone that UGA recruited, including your first Heisman Trophy winner and your first basketball All-American who was a two sport star for the Dogs. He was recruited for football but played hoops also.

Last edited:

We don't send kids to the dumb Ga school.

Camden County beat Glenville, 23-14 at Ohio Stadium on 9/5/2011. Was at that one. Was the first game of a doubleheader in the Kirk Herbstreit Challenge. Indianapolis Cathedral beat Centerville, 34-17 in the second game.