Massillon Tigers to play Valdosta in NE Ohio Classic

S/O to Massillon for scheduling this game! I know that it’s been a “dream matchup” for quite some time now. Coach Moore really takes a lot of pride in his position and he’s always looking for ways to add to the Tigers’ storybook history.

I told him a while ago that I owe him a “T-I-G!” chant. Maybe, this is the game that I can come to and make it happen. 🤣 One day.

Be ready for a steady diet of quick screen, deep pass, QB run and false start penalties. Every game I attended this past year in the south, including playoff games. A lot of 13 second possessions with 21 yard punts. Nobody tackled and most games were 44-42 because of it.

Always hanging….
16,884, doesn’t matter how many people come from Valdosta. Nobody said anything about it selling out or anything like that on here anyway.
There will be a ton of people show up who are not fans of either team. If I lived back in Ohio I’d be there for sure. When you put the two winningest teams in the USA on the same field it will draw interest from more fans than just the participants. I’d bet a large sum of money that there will be at least 16,000 in attendance and probably more.

There will be a ton of people show up who are not fans of either team. If I lived back in Ohio I’d be there for sure. When you put the two winningest teams in the USA on the same field it will draw interest from more fans than just the participants. I’d bet a large sum of money that there will be at least 16,000 in attendance and probably more.
You're right about casual fans showing up but don't bet too much. I'll say 12 - 14000 but hope you're right.

The game is on a Friday night so the majority of “outside” fans will be at their game. I would think somewhere between 10-12k.
The days of getting anymore then that at a regular season game are long gone, unless it’s Mass v mck or some game late in the season where both teams are undefeated and have big followings.

Hasn’t that always been just Georgia teams ?
Nope. They've brought in outside teams from time to time. In 2021, North Gwinnett played Hoover from Alabama.

I'm sure a Valdosta-Massillon matchup if it could be set for MBS would be a definite featured game. Even if Massillon played someone else such as Marietta.

The game is on a Friday night so the majority of “outside” fans will be at their game. I would think somewhere between 10-12k.
The days of getting anymore then that at a regular season game are long gone, unless it’s Mass v mck or some game late in the season where both teams are undefeated and have big followings.
They should have scheduled it for Saturday

Be ready for a steady diet of quick screen, deep pass, QB run and false start penalties. Every game I attended this past year in the south, including playoff games. A lot of 13 second possessions with 21 yard punts. Nobody tackled and most games were 44-42 because of it.
Terrible tackling is a pandemic that is going on at all levels of football